We Need Banner Paste !

Users who are viewing this thread

When will TW resume the banner paste function? This is obviously an excellent feature. By the way, starting from 1.56, the primary color and Secondary color of the banner code are reversed.(If you don't know,it's a bug)

Apparently it was causing a load of issues - you can still get a mod that allows you to do it; a shame though as it was great to import an amazing custom banner.

Apparently it was causing a load of issues - you can still get a mod that allows you to do it; a shame though as it was great to import an amazing custom banner.
What were the actual issues?
I know it could cause a crash if something other than a banner code was pasted but the banner paste mod prevents that.

Oddly, something about not having the ability to make intricate banners in a game called "Bannerlord" has rubbed me the wrong way to where I haven't played since the editor needed a mod (mods can suddenly stop working after an update) to work and just occasionally come here to see if that has been fixed yet.

Yeah, like how come a modder can make this work seemingly without any problem but coders at TW cant? I mean what is the culture at TaleWorlds? Do they not want to give their players options?

Oddly, something about not having the ability to make intricate banners in a game called "Bannerlord" has rubbed me the wrong way to where I haven't played since the editor needed a mod (mods can suddenly stop working after an update) to work and just occasionally come here to see if that has been fixed yet.
Yeah, like how come a modder can make this work seemingly without any problem but coders at TW cant? I mean what is the culture at TaleWorlds? Do they not want to give their players options?
It was actually intentional. The online banner editor was made using early game files but they decided against including it in the game itself so as not to make it too difficult for players to understand, same with the 'one colour per faction' thing. This reasoning is the only thing I don't understand.

It was actually intentional. The online banner editor was made using early game files but they decided against including it in the game itself so as not to make it too difficult for players to understand, same with the 'one colour per faction' thing. This reasoning is the only thing I don't understand.

Dont tell me they actually did so to make the game more simple? Who's this new guy in charge of TW and what has he done with the old company? Doesen't feel like Taleworlds at all. Dont get me wrong, there is alot of good things in the game but this mentality of trying to make things simple is stupid. Do they think their target group is 8 year olds?

Dont tell me they actually did so to make the game more simple? Who's this new guy in charge of TW and what has he done with the old company? Doesen't feel like Taleworlds at all. Dont get me wrong, there is alot of good things in the game but this mentality of trying to make things simple is stupid. Do they think their target group is 8 year olds?
The general idea seems to be 'keep is simple to appeal to a broader audience'

I suspect it's the same kind of specious reasoning that CA employed in Empire:Total War. They colour coded the uniforms of neighbouring countries differently if they had the same colour historically, so France kept white but Spain was given yellow because... players would get confused if both sides wore white? Well maybe but the amount of people vexed by having a completely ahistorical colour scheme waaay outnumbered those that had brief confusion with white uniformed soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom