We need a separate forum for clan threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

I also agree with this idea. I was pondering it myself last week but was too scared to suggest it  :shock:

This forum should discuss beta issues...

The Duke

This is a great idea; I've only just got into the beta today (downloading as I type), but have been browsing here for a while, and I've noticed more and more of the page being taken up by clan threads. Obviously they have their place, but even for clan members the first priority is surely issues with the game rather than talking about clan stuff. Certainly whilst the game is in beta they are an annoyance, as threads which get bumped off the front page invariably get much less attention than they would normally do. This won't matter so much when Warband is released, but until then threads that could be important to the development of the game are being shunted off the first page.

DanAngleland said:
This is a great idea; I've only just got into the beta today (downloading as I type), but have been browsing here for a while, and I've noticed more and more of the page being taken up by clan threads. Obviously they have their place, but even for clan members the first priority is surely issues with the game rather than talking about clan stuff. Certainly whilst the game is in beta they are an annoyance, as threads which get bumped off the front page invariably get much less attention than they would normally do. This won't matter so much when Warband is released, but until then threads that could be important to the development of the game are being shunted off the first page.

You realize that there is a separate board for Warband beta feedback, right?  The Guildhall is just for general discussion and stuff.

Like clan threads.

Scientia Excelsa said:
DanAngleland said:

You realize that there is a separate board for Warband beta feedback, right?  The Guildhall is just for general discussion and stuff.

Like clan threads.

^^This :grin:

It's not well advertised. I only noticed it today, by accident, after using this board for months. That could be 'cos I'm a bit slow though.

TheDuke

I have no ill will towards the clans, but like other people said, the front page is full of clan posts and any other post gets booted off the 1st page and into obscurity almost instantly it seems.  Seeing as how this is the section of the forum for talking about warband, then a separate area for clan talking would be appropriate.

Scientia Excelsa said:
DanAngleland said:
*support of OP idea*

Like clan threads.

Sorry, hadn't realised that! Although most of the posts I've read on this board were talking about gameplay issues, suggesting changes and discussing problems; it is only in the last few weeks that I had noticed increasing dominance of clan threads. But if all gameplay suggestions and problems are meant to go into the other board, then I guess the only thing that needs to change is that we all use the correct boards.

Back
Top Bottom