We HaVe FiXeD DiPlOmAcY

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I get off on the faces of asslicking faboys like yourself and other people on this post.

Pro argument bro. So because I have not wasted as much of my life on a circlejerking forum like yourself, I cannot offer criticism, can't make valid points and cannot be a fan of a series, even if I have played it since release?
Ty for proving my point. Now can you return to your basement and leave this discussion like you said you would a couple of posts ago? Or are you gonna keep showing how much I've rubbed you in the wrong place?
Sorry.

You must be 'Die Hard is Back'

Allow me to tip my hat to you gentlemen, you have bested me that's for sure.
0cac0eb685eaeb2080d2c61eddf671f1519ad56f_full.jpg

Were you playing at easy level to beat the Vlandiands?

Why of course m'lord. Forgive me, I do not know what has gone through my head to make up such lies like how this game is still in a deplorable state even 1 year after release. I tip my hat to you too in apology.

Allow me to join your fanclub and pretend the game is great and the devs are making incredible progress in such a short amount of time. Can't wait for this game to leave EA after 6 more years! Best 50 euros spent in my life.

Why of course m'lord. Forgive me, I do not know what has gone through my head to make up such lies like how this game is still in a deplorable state even 1 year after release. I tip my hat to you too in apology.

Allow me to join your fanclub and pretend the game is great and the devs are making incredible progress in such a short amount of time. Can't wait for this game to leave EA after 6 more years! Best 50 euros spent in my life.

kobe-teasing-face-mad-meme.jpg

Yep, fanboys gonna keep fanboying.

I know what EA means, but if you can't fix something as basic as diplomacy (one of the most important elements which made this series so good) in 9 months, which someone fixed in two weeks from the game's release with a mod, then that means the devs really don't give a ****.

Unfortunately you guys are too braindead to offer any other arguments than "its in EA" to excuse all of this game's shortcomings which don't feel like they're getting the attention they deserve. Adding town icons so I can see if there are tournaments in a city sure sounds more important than to fix diplomacy, which is still busted as you can see proof of in my screenshot.

There are still items that have their names as their file is named. Does it take 9 months to capitalize some words and remove some underscores?
I already know your argument will be "they are working on other more important things". Such as?
Immersion should be top priority for M&B, not adding dumb quality of life changes like icons above towns so I can see there is a tournament being held there or a quest to take. These should be added AFTER they fix their main gameplay.

I'm a diehard M&B fan too, but you can't look me straight to the face and tell me that these 9 months since release actually feel like 9 months of progress when too little has been improved since then.
Your arguments would be way better without the random insults.

If you would just stop being so offended about everyone and everything you would probably realise that this forum is full of criticism and people being disappointed with the current state and development of the game.

If you would just stop being so offended about everyone and everything you would probably realise that this forum is full of criticism and people being disappointed with the current state and development of the game.

Wouldn't be able to tell that by reading this thread. Circlejerking is real, the only real argument is that "its EA", without mentioning how much time has passed already in this EA and how little has been accomplished in said time. 6 years from now when this game is still in EA the argument will be the same. Anything you say is null because the game is in EA. How dare you criticize this game? It's still in EA! Also, have you heard that the game is in EA?

Guess I'm just a b*tch for wanting working diplomacy 9 months after release, in a game about diplomacy.
But I have heard it's still in EA, so...

Wouldn't be able to tell that by reading this thread. Circlejerking is real, the only real argument is that "its EA", without mentioning how much time has passed already in this EA and how little has been accomplished in said time. 6 years from now when this game is still in EA the argument will be the same. Anything you say is null because the game is in EA. How dare you criticize this game? It's still in EA! Also, have you heard that the game is in EA?

Guess I'm just a b*tch for wanting working diplomacy 9 months after release, in a game about diplomacy.
Several people also told you that their games had different outcomes... and you completely ignored this feedback.

Several people also told you that their games had different outcomes... and you completely ignored this feedback.

Well I'm sorry bro, but as you can see in my case it wasn't. I wouldn't say being lucky in your campaign means that diplomacy is fine and that I'm just btching about it. Perhaps there are people who experienced the same as me but aren't vocal on the forums about it. That's why I ignored them. Just because you haven't seen anyone getting robbed doesn't mean people aren't getting robbed.

The argument also comes from the fact that at the game's core, it's about diplomacy, and it should be a top priority for devs to fix and get right.
And like I said a couple of times already in this post, there was a diplomacy mod 2 weeks after release that not only fixed snowballing factions, but actually gave you more diplomacy options similar to Warband, which the base game still hasn't even come close to delivering 9 months after release.

What am I supposed to take from this when I still see very lacking diplomacy? Thank god for tournament and quest icons above towns?

Well I'm sorry bro, but as you can see in my case it wasn't. I wouldn't say being lucky in your campaign means that diplomacy is fine and that I'm just btching about it. Perhaps there are people who experienced the same as me but aren't vocal on the forums about it.

The argument also comes from the fact that at the game's core, it's about diplomacy, and it should be a top priority for devs to fix and get right.
And like I said a couple of times already in this post, there was a diplomacy mod 2 weeks after release that not only fixed snowballing factions, but actually gave you more diplomacy options similar to Warband, which the base game still hasn't even come close to delivering 9 months after release.

What am I supposed to take from this when I still see very lacking diplomacy? Thank god for tournament and quest icons above towns?
... and this is my point.

Your entire thread is basically - "OMG this happened - damn dev's can't get anything right"

Then a bunch of people came and told you that this is an unusual outcome and they have had different results and it is still being worked on.

And your response to that was to become aggressive - fact is in most cases this is now working much better. In a complex sandbox environment there will be times where things happen that are out of the norm. This is good and healthy; no one wants a predictable sandbox - and TW are still improving this...

Your one game is the exception that proves how much better it is overall. Yes Khuzait are still a little super sauce; but after 20 years in my game no faction was eliminated; the worst situation was South Empire with only 2 towns left. Overall a healthy simulation after such a long time. This is now the standard; and if you started a new game you will probably see a similar situation.

4b47427755897034a7ad6e2d9f25bf92.jpg

P1r6tYE.png

This as of itself is not an issue - people use faulty logic for arguments every day. I have many times; but the point is you can't then start throwing out every insult you can think of because you disagree with us.

Last edited:
Aight, i`m going to remind everyone to either keep the emotions about right under where they are now, otherwise we would be tempting the fates.
Agreed; and right now I'm ashamed of myself. I quit this forum because all I did was argue on it. I came back on the promise to myself that I wouldn't argue;

Five minutes later I'm cracking out illogical fallacies. This thread long ago became redundant - I apologise and wash my hands of it.

This is the only fates I want to tempt;

I believe this happened because you implied that you expected a finished game when you bought it. When people pointed out it isn't finished one sensible answer would've been: 'Well, true, I bought an EA game but in my opinion this is not an excuse for the poor state of it. At this point they should have made more progress.'
I believe that this is what you actually try to say, but it's getting kind of hard to get the point between all the insults, random memes and passive aggressiveness.

And even then, it's still perfectly fair that some people will disagree with your view while others agree with it. At this point it's probably best if people just say something like YMMV instead of getting angry in a circular argument. Unless you enjoy arguing on the internet, which can sometimes be fun.

... and this is my point.

Your entire thread is basically - "OMG this happened - damn dev's can't get anything right"

Then a bunch of people came and told you that this is an unusual outcome and they have had different results and it is still being worked on.

And your response to that was to throw a tantrum - fact is in most cases this is now working much better. In a complex sandbox environment there will be times where things happen that are out of the norm. This is good and healthy; no one wants a predictable sandbox - and TW are still improving this...

Your one game is the exception that proves how much better it is overall. Yes Khuzait are still a little super sauce; but after 20 years in my game no faction was eliminated; the worst situation was South Empire with only 2 towns left. Overall a healthy simulation after such a long time. This is now the standard; and if you started a new game you will probably see a similar situation.

I don't think you can honestly say that this thread alone offers enough data to say that it only happens to a vast minority of players, so excuse me for not thinking it's anecdotal of me to say that diplomacy is still broken. The game has sold around 5 mil copies and the forums have 260k members, even fewer of those have actually posted or are even active on the forums. Somehow I doubt that this only happens to a vast minority of players, even those registered on the forums. I would not dismiss the possibility that maybe people are not as vocal about it, but that's besides the point anyway.

Logical fallacies aside, the thing is that this shouldn't be happening, even as a "one game exception", because working diplomacy shouldn't be such a vague concept and so hard to balance for a studio that already has another game with a working diplomacy.

I know it is still being worked on, I know it's in early access. My point is, if that ONE guy who made a mod with no modding tools only 2 weeks after it's release, and it literally had no issues at all with snowballing and even offered more diplomacy options like Warbband, why can't the studio of the ones who made this game get it right in 9 months? It's EA fine, how long will this excuse last is my real question? Cause for me 9 months seems more than enough to not only to fix diplomacy, but even vastly surpass what Warband had to offer.
Do you believe that the likely little effort they put into adding icons above towns could have been logically better spent into implementing diplomacy properly since it only took 2 weeks for one guy to do it?

And obviously I am not saying it is in the same state as in release, as release diplomacy was an actual joke and the only reason I stopped playing at release. At release by year 1085 Sturgia would have already been stomped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom