We HaVe FiXeD DiPlOmAcY

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ljrrZqC.png

All conquered in quick succession.

Lol even Tw didnt added duchies though.

EDIT:I EVEN posted about diplomacy ,lemme give the topic if you are interested Post (in Turkish :d)
PLUS:Even made a chart about this but its STILL TURKISH :d :
iR3gj.png

Last edited:
TW never said they had finalised it... nor should we expect it to be. It's an ongoing process. Even if next patch it was perfect - 2-3 patches down the line it might need adjusting again.

As it stands my latest game found the main factions to be incredibly stalemated; even 15-20 years on from the start date; mostly due to the rebellion feature.

Sargot especially loves a good rebellion.

I don't see why every feedback thread has to have some obnoxious and insulting title on it...

TW never said they had finalised it... nor should we expect it to be. It's an ongoing process. Even if next patch it was perfect - 2-3 patches down the line it might need adjusting again.

As it stands my latest game found the main factions to be incredibly stalemated; even 15-20 years on from the start date; mostly due to the rebellion feature.

Sargot especially loves a good rebellion.

I don't see why every feedback thread has to have some obnoxious and insulting title on it...

Yes, very insulting indeed.

They said they fixed diplomacy in 1.4.3 where if a faction conquers a city it is very likely to want to make peace and that they made it easier for the losing faction to comeback from the loss. If it were long term sure, but these cities were all conquered in 15 minutes tops. One year passed in the game. This is initial release diplomacy level.

If this is the progress of almost a year of patches, maybe my kids will get to enjoy bannerlord.

To be fair the diplomacy gets a bit better by each patch, Khuzait still snowballs though. Too much warfare in this game compared to Warband. Constant and constant sieging is cringe.

I offer something devs to make aggresiveness down or something to fix this

Vlandia is gone completely in 1089 in my campaign.

The economy and the wars are a mess in this game, this is not close to being out of EA.

Last edited:
Yes, very insulting indeed.

They said they fixed diplomacy in 1.4.3 where if a faction conquers a city it is very likely to want to make peace and that they made it easier for the losing faction to comeback from the loss. If it were long term sure, but these cities were all conquered in 15 minutes tops. One year passed in the game. This is initial release diplomacy level.

If this is the progress of almost a year of patches, maybe my kids will get to enjoy bannerlord.
Or... perhaps your one game is not a good sample size?

Or... perhaps one game year is not a good enough time period to judge this on? After all rebellions don't usually start until a little later on.

Or... perhaps the game isn't finished yet and this delicate balancing act will continue to see further refinements?

You can provide feedback without mocking taleworlds... and yes using that style of typing is considered insulting and is completely unnecessary - even childish.

Perhaps my standards are too high - but I'd like to hope we can all act like adults on the forum; if only for the sake of the other users. This isn't 4chan; hell even reddit has standards on these things...

Last edited:
Or... perhaps your one game is not a good sample size?

Or... perhaps one game year is not a good enough time period to judge this on? After all rebellions don't usually start until a little later on.

Or... perhaps the game isn't finished yet and this delicate balancing act will continue to see further refinements?

You can provide feedback without mocking taleworlds... and yes using that style of typing is considered insulting and is completely unnecessary - even childish.

Lmfao this guy literally linked a wiki page for alt caps.

Yeah ok buddy, maybe don't charge full price of 60$ for a game they knew was totally unfinished and will take more than a couple of years to fix.
Every dev hides behind this bullcrap EaRlY AcCeSs to excuse their unfinished mess, keep it early access for a few YEARS, but still charge full price for it.

Is it that much for a client to ask to be given a finished product that he spent hard earned cash on? How about getting that through your thick skull instead of trying to find excuses for them.

It isn't "fixed" but it's a world of difference better compared to how it was even just a few patches ago, the game is playable now in the longterm and much more balanced, yeah someone can push hard in a good war and take quite a few settlements but it'll be difficult for them to hold it in the long run now with the tweaks to diplomacy and rebellions.

In my current save (some 500 days in-game) the map seems really balanced, miraculously the Khuzait haven't made any lasting gains against the Sturgians, NE and SE, only having taking one town and two castles from the Aserai.

The Sturgians are pushing into the NE on their western border (took 1 town and 2 castles too)

The WE pushed a few bordering fiefs into the Aserai too but the Aserai aren't that bad for how many fiefs they have spread so apart in the entire southern part of the map.

The 3 imperial factions only exchanged maybe a castle with each other so far and Vlandia (my faction) has some 3 castles + 1 town from Battania after many wars but they are holding really good and pushed almost to Jaculan once.

Lmfao this guy literally linked a wiki page for alt caps.
Is it that much for a client to ask to be given a finished product that he spent hard earned cash on? How about getting that through your thick skull instead of trying to find excuses for them.

Why didn't you waited for the finished game then? they announced clear and loudly that the game was unfinished and would be released in early access that they hoped would last around one year, no one deceived you and what other devs did is no basis to judge every company.

Did you know Taleworlds was one of the pioneers of early access with the original Mount&Blade even before early access was a thing? they basically invented it and it worked wonderfuly for the first game that was completely barebones at the start (2 factions only) and eventually evolved with hardwork from the devs and good feedback from the growing and passionated community.

sy73j3e5bgu41.png

Last edited:
Why didn't you waited for the finished game then? they announced clear and loudly that the game was unfinished and would be released in early access that they hoped would last around one year, no one deceived you and what other devs did is no basis to judge every company.

Did you know Taleworlds was one of the pioneers of early access with the original Mount&Blade even before early access was a thing? they basically invented it and it worked wonderfuly for the first game that was completely barebones at the start (2 factions only) and eventually evolved with hardwork from the devs and good feedback from the growing and passionated community.

Yeah, I guess the only difference now would be the fact that they're not the small inexperienced studio they were back in 2010 to hide behind the "we're new guys pls be patient", and that they're charging almost triple the price of what warband full price cost, which went on sale often for even 5$.
Don't worry I was there too, that does not excuse them.

You guys need to stop fanboying hard although I know this game doesn't have fans, it has a cult following, and realise that they messed up.
CD PROJECT RED were the bigger man and realised they messed up with CyberPunk and even offered refunds and apologized.

Last edited:
Oh i absolutely agree the upper management messed up hard on bannerlord (that's why we are basically playing bannerlord 3 now with so many thing they scraped and started over) but we were talking about the development of the early access and although it's a bit slow and often in directions i don't agree with (like their policy for dreading complex new systems) they are making good progress noneless, warfare and diplomacy have improved miles like i said initially and it's playable in the long term now but it still has many more to go before being really good (added diplomatic options would help alot since kingdoms currently only interact for peace/war declaration)

I don't think it is being a fanboy to say that they are in early access and still developing the game. No one forced anyone to buy an early access game and there are risks in doing so. That being said, criticism is important in order to develop a better game, I just think that there are a lot of people who are just being ridiculous and even among the dissenters I do not think there is any clear defined path towards what the game should be. However, the things we all can agree on should definitely be presented to taleworlds and hopefully it will help in creating a better game.

I don't think the diplomacy is as such a serious thing as some make it to be, this is something which could probably be improved easily when they want to do it. I mean, all they have to do is slow down conquests, sieges, wars, etc. If wars were intended to be drawn out affairs where it is difficult and/or requires significant time to take castles/towns that would help quite a bit. Also, more bonuses should be given to defenders and cavalry should have no bonuses at all in sieges whereas maybe archers should get bonuses or something. I feel like there are a lot of ways to tweak this so that we see a much better progression. In mods where factions need to conquer border territories first to progress further, the wars are already vastly better than in vanilla. At least, this is my opinion on it.

Oh i absolutely agree the upper management messed up hard on bannerlord (that's why we are basically playing bannerlord 3 now with so many thing they scraped and started over) but we were talking about the development of the early access and although it's a bit slow and often in directions i don't agree with (like their policy for dreading complex new systems) they are making good progress noneless, warfare and diplomacy have improved miles like i said initially and it's playable in the long term now but it still has many more to go before being really good (added diplomatic options would help alot since kingdoms currently only interact for peace/war declaration)

Fair enough. I just believe that these diplomacy mechanics are the foundation of this game. It just doesn't feel like Warband at all. Yeah cool you can have big battles and the graphics are amazing, but there is just no essence to it. I can't wrap my head around how long or how actually difficult it can be for them to fix something that is so basic. Hell, there was a mod that did a pretty good job and it was released a couple weeks after the game's release, but the patches are too often and break every good mod and fix too little to have made it worth the 9 month wait so far.

Vlandia is gone completely in 1089 in my campaign.
In my gane Vlandia and Battania are in an endless war and surprisingly have never been interfered with Vlandia keeps taking Car Banseth while Battania Sargit then the armies switch settlments again retaking what they lost

I don't think it is being a fanboy to say that they are in early access and still developing the game. No one forced anyone to buy an early access game and there are risks in doing so. That being said, criticism is important in order to develop a better game, I just think that there are a lot of people who are just being ridiculous and even among the dissenters I do not think there is any clear defined path towards what the game should be. However, the things we all can agree on should definitely be presented to taleworlds and hopefully it will help in creating a better game.

I don't think the diplomacy is as such a serious thing as some make it to be, this is something which could probably be improved easily when they want to do it. I mean, all they have to do is slow down conquests, sieges, wars, etc. If wars were intended to be drawn out affairs where it is difficult and/or requires significant time to take castles/towns that would help quite a bit. Also, more bonuses should be given to defenders and cavalry should have no bonuses at all in sieges whereas maybe archers should get bonuses or something. I feel like there are a lot of ways to tweak this so that we see a much better progression. In mods where factions need to conquer border territories first to progress further, the wars are already vastly better than in vanilla. At least, this is my opinion on it.
Agreed with everything you said, in my experience adding "party ai overhaul and commands" to make AI armies focus on bordering fiefs and "Unfriendly Territory" to make armies get a debuff for speed in enemy territory so forcing AI armies to actually fight if they want a successful invasion instead of just quickly besieging and hoping around to avoid enemy armies already fixes like 90% of what's left to fix in the campaign-side of warfare.

In my current save (some 500 days in-game) the map seems really balanced, miraculously the Khuzait haven't made any lasting gains against the Sturgians, NE and SE, only having taking one town and two castles from the Aserai.

The Sturgians are pushing into the NE on their western border (took 1 town and 2 castles too)

The WE pushed a few bordering fiefs into the Aserai too but the Aserai aren't that bad for how many fiefs they have spread so apart in the entire southern part of the map.

The 3 imperial factions only exchanged maybe a castle with each other so far and Vlandia (my faction) has some 3 castles + 1 town from Battania after many wars but they are holding really good and pushed almost to Jaculan once
In my game evrything is just a stalemate with everyone bing at war with a respective faction but not making any or hardly any gains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom