We have damaged PW with our scripts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rasorath said:
chunky_monkeh said:
So just don't try running a no-script server.
Yeah. Let's take advice from the guy trying to save his ridiculously horrible server from its inevitable downfall.

rmx-apply-cold-water-to-burned-area_fb_1536281.jpg

Well, I'll be making a "Hardcore" PW server soon where Banks will be limited, no saving armour on logout as well as other key aspects to make PW feel like a medieval roleplay again, instead of a multi-billionaire ****storm where hundreds of tincans destroy small factions that are serfing there castle to the top, just to be toppled by some ****s who did **** all for it.

Also thinking of adding banner points on Mines/Forests/Resource areas for factions to capture and defend.

If anyone wants to help add me on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/owenpls69

Brookesy said:
Well, I'll be making a "Hardcore" PW server soon where Banks will be limited, no saving armour on logout as well as other key aspects to make PW feel like a medieval roleplay again, instead of a multi-billionaire ****storm where hundreds of tincans destroy small factions that are serfing there castle to the top, just to be toppled by some ****s who did **** all for it.

Also thinking of adding banner points on Mines/Forests/Resource areas for factions to capture and defend.

Good luck, you'll properly have none on your server, but best of luck :smile:

Brookesy said:

It doesn't need to be hardcore. You just need to get rid of the game-breaking scripts. Having banks in any formla is already a step back. In order to have a successful classic server, you need a good admin team, a simple ruleset and a nice map.

The Bowman said:
Brookesy said:

It doesn't need to be hardcore. You just need to get rid of the game-breaking scripts. Having banks in any formla is already a step back. In order to have a successful classic server, you need a good admin team, a simple ruleset and a nice map.

I'm planning on doing something like that.

The Bowman said:
Word.

3 rules, no scripts, plus a decent team and I might check it out.

Rasorath said:
The Bowman said:
Word.

3 rules, no scripts, plus a decent team and I might check it out.

I'm building my team, we're 3 strong and have started to set up a forum:

http://movpw.boards.net/

Our rules are under construction, but hopefully they'll mainly consist of 3 major rules with subrules in them:

RDM consists of:

War
Outlaw and Taxing
Behaviour in-game

And we're doing the general rules such as racism and other mandatory rules to avoid trolls.

That should be it.

Brookesy said:
Ra'Jiska said:
Rasorath said:
no scripts

No.

Have scripts, it's for the best.
But before adding it, think weither or not these scripts you wish to add do not break the mod system (such as armour saving, etc..).

What scripts then?
Yeah, listen to the clueless Frenchie. He probably knows what he's doing.  :neutral:
I remember when Aldric had one of his spurts of genius and made you an admin on EU_A, Rajiska. Watching the players complain about someone called "Dodo" killing them with his admin horse was fun at first, but grew old after a while.

Rasorath said:
Yeah, listen to the clueless Frenchie. He probably knows what he's doing.  :neutral:
I remember when Aldric had one of his spurts of genius and made you an admin on EU_A, Rajiska. Watching the players complain about someone called "Dodo" killing them with his admin horse was fun at first, but grew old after a while.

Why so defensive ?
Anyway, I'm impressed you remember such thing, the old EUA, four (4) years ago: my first glorious time admin.
Note that the only killing I made wasn't on purpose, but I must agree with you I had nothing to do with my admin horse at this time.
We all commit errors, and as you said, I grew old. After a while ? Well, Aldric opened a new server after this one where he gave me second chance.
From this time to now, I've been admin on all his servers. Apparently he did not regret it. But what about you ? Where were you ? He told me you stabbed him in the back.
Well, I won't give details about this one as it isn't the place to, as this whole conversion. Back on topic now would you.

Rasorath said:
Yeah. Let's take advice from the guy trying to save his ridiculously horrible server from its inevitable downfall.

In addition, if you read the forum rules, you'll be able to see that flaming (what you seem to be doing) goes against them.

Brookesy said:
What scripts then?

I was refering to administration scripts, or scripts that could improve the gameplay of the players without breaking the original idea the players have made of this mod.
Here you have Logging scripts of Dominpope and here the Punishments Manager (which comes with the PW Nameserver of Vornne).
Unfortunately couldn't find other tools of the sort, but at least you have an idea of what scripts your server could have without 'breaking' the mod.

chunky_monkeh said:
Feudal World.
What about it?
Ra'Jiska said:
Why so defensive ?
Anyway, I'm impressed you remember such thing, the old EUA, four (4) years ago: my first glorious time admin.
Note that the only killing I made wasn't on purpose, but I must agree with you I had nothing to do with my admin horse at this time.
We all commit errors, and as you said, I grew old. After a while ? Well, Aldric opened a new server after this one where he gave me second chance.
From this time to now, I've been admin on all his servers. Apparently he did not regret it. But what about you ? Where were you ? He told me you stabbed him in the back.
I don't really see how gaining Aldric's trust warrants boasting. He has the intelligence of a baguette.
I'm flattered that he told you I stabbed him in the back, sounds like me leaving had a negative impact on him and the server. Although it was not so much a stabbing, rather than a kindergarten teacher leaving his children unattended until they devour eachother due to a prolonged lack of supervision. The results would have been the same, though.
Rasorath said:
In addition, if you read the forum rules, you'll be able to see that flaming (what you seem to be doing) goes against them.
Welcome to the subforum.

Rasorath said:
Ra'Jiska said:
Why so defensive ?
I don't really see how gaining Aldric's trust warrants boasting. He has the intelligence of a baguette.
I'm flattered that he told you I stabbed him in the back, sounds like me leaving had a negative impact on him and the server. Although it was not so much a stabbing, rather than a kindergarten teacher leaving his children unattended until they devour eachother due to a prolonged lack of supervision. The results would have been the same, though.

This is the best thing I've read all week. I hate this saying but it's so true. :lol:

Scorpia said:
Rasorath said:
Ra'Jiska said:
Why so defensive ?

This is the best thing I've read all week. I hate this saying but it's so true. :lol:

Still haven't taken your arse out of Rasorath/Splintert's arses? All you do is repeat what they say, stop acting like you are some kind of experienced voice of wisdom when you are just some strange Scottish kid.

Elbmow said:
Still haven't taken your arse out of Rasorath/Splintert's arses? All you do is repeat what they say, stop acting like you are some kind of experienced voice of wisdom when you are just some strange Scottish kid.
You should be talking. Remember when you stopped banning my keys on Nexus because you were convinced that I had by some magic aquired an unlimited source of serials? You're a child with the charisma of a toddler, and I'm legitimately interested in knowing what you're doing up past your bedtime.

Back
Top Bottom