We are giving up...

Users who are viewing this thread

onarum said:
instead of obsessing over something you have 0 control of just try doing something else, I myself can say I have enough going in my life (and plus enough games in my backlog to last me many years) that I don't have to keep hunting for news or obsessing over a release date for a video game...

I love the series, it would be crush me if something happened and it never got released, but like I said I have 0 control over it, all I can do is wait, and I do it patiently, instead of crying and whining like a child.
This. Hell, I don't even have that much going on in my life (or that much of a life :razz:) but I still don't have much problem waiting for Bannerlord. There have been times I've gotten annoyed at TW; I don't think they've handled this very well, and the continual lack of information we had for the past several years was frustrating, but I still have plenty of other things to think about most of the time. Like cars, or girls. Honestly, guys, if you've got so little to do that you can spend lots of time on here frothing at the mouth about a videogame you may not get to play for another year or more, stop, and go find some pictures/videos of naked ladies. Those'll be more satisfying, I'm sure. :razz:

LISTEN PEOPLE OF CALRADIA, WE HAVE WAITED FOR YEARS!!! IT'S TIME WE TAKE ARMS WERE TALEWORLDS IS NOT... WE WILL... Stop scrolling the forums? YEAH WE WILL STOP SCROLLING THE FORUMS BECAUSE THAT WILL DEFINITLY RUSH THE DEVS TO FINISH THE GAME FASTER!!! because game development definitly depends on how much people comment in a forum... SO YEAH TAKE THAT TALEWORLDS

The problem is some people are projecting their dream idea of a fully immersive medieval simulator into bannerlord. Expectations for this game should realistically be "it'll be like warband but slightly better" but much of the hype, especially from people outside the community who have bannerlord in the back of their mind all the time (even a whiner like sargon of akkad mentions it every now and again like it's the second coming) has been untempered. There's also a sunk cost fallacy when games take this long: "it has to be a good bame because it's been in development for 10 years" etc.

When the game releases and it's just a slightly updated warband with similar flaws and bugs, I reckon we'll see a community meltdown on the same levels as something like no man's sky. I hate to sound cruel but I'm kind of looking forward to that more than the game itself. :lol:

Oswald III said:
LISTEN PEOPLE OF CALRADIA, WE HAVE WAITED FOR YEARS!!! IT'S TIME WE TAKE ARMS WERE TALEWORLDS IS NOT... WE WILL... Stop scrolling the forums? YEAH WE WILL STOP SCROLLING THE FORUMS BECAUSE THAT WILL DEFINITLY RUSH THE DEVS TO FINISH THE GAME FASTER!!! because game development definitly depends on how much people comment in a forum... SO YEAH TAKE THAT TALEWORLDS

Actually complaining does far more than you keep making it out to. We know that several devs view the forums and that pretty much everything of note, including these threads, is read. Individual or small groups of complainers don't matter that much if they are a part of more positive or balanced responses from people as a whole. It's the social metanarrative of the board that matters. I remember when I started coming back here after years long hiatus in late 2017 to complain about the...issues surrounding development, I was in the small minority. There were a few particularly vocal complainers, but everyone else was generally patient and understanding of the development times (at that point the game had only been in development officially for 5 years and at most unofficially for 6 years, which is entirely within the realm of normal game development time).
Well since then the number of people complaining at the general state of affairs on the TaleWorld's forum has increased relative to the total post count, both within the dev blog section and here (this is based on what I've seen and isn't based on me counting out positive and negative posts or anything, so disagree vehemently if you want). Several people that were calling me impatient 18 months ago(or just outright muted me in some cases) are saying the same things now that I was back then.

The most relevant thing then is general sentiment leading up to release, which is getting worse slowly. You mix this with the potential increase in the alienation of the hardcore fanbase (who fuel the largest number of sales per capita)from streamlined changes to combat and multiplayer, and the hyped over-expectations of the game as an inevitable byproduct of it's ...extensive development time (even of it is a fallacy as suggested above); then the game launch will turn downright sour. This is the biggest issue with game development (and even movies for instance) these days, that's why almost as much, or in some cases more, money is spent on the advertising and promotion of the product as the product itself. Being rather relatively small and outside of the total control of it's fanbase, the ability of TaleWorlds to have a good launch is centered almost entirely on it's core fanbase/community here. If the three things I highlighted earlier come to pass (general dissatisfaction, hardcore alienation and over-expectations), the release will go to **** and TaleWorld's doesn't have the marketing department with a budget in the tens of millions to pick up the pieces.

It is then, on a fundamental level, within the best interests of TaleWorlds from every perspective (as a profit-driven company and as a game developer wanting a well enjoyed game) to placate the community to the best of it's ability wherever possible. The whinging/complaining that does occur here is useful for TaleWorlds to recognize it's position with it's community and fanbase, and will almost certainly lead to better outcomes for everyone involved. This is of course assuming they aren't completely out of touch, which if it is the case will lead to a consolidation of anti-TaleWorlds sentiment here, as has happened on the Steam community/forums and Reddit, and potentially spell disaster for a successful Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord release. I still have hope and believe they aren't that retarded, but I guess only time will tell.

@Sundeki
1ED18880910131381900500BB8A3169621EBE9C2
I wouldn't add anything else, you said it all.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Expectations for this game should realistically be "it'll be like warband but slightly better"

I think BL will be a more streamlined Warband in steroids.

For someone who have played and got to understand each and every feature in WB, yes, BL is going to be just slightly better.

But for the average player that never got the real grasp with WB's features, BL will be a huge leap forward because of the streamlined presentation and more explicit features, depicting many things that you needed to sort out by yourself in WB.

TaleWorlds already told us that despite being a very deep game, WB was perceived as shallow because of the lack of communication between the game and the player as many things happened under the hood and went unnoticed.

sparrtakus said:
To everyone's attention ...  (Sorry English. Google Translate)

Mount and Blade ii Bannerlord has been waiting patiently for many years, but not intentionally or purposely.

As Callum said the other day, the game is still in its infancy and the middle part has been finished and people are disappointed.

Taleworlds officials praise the ministers in the interviews! The reason for this, as well as the interest of users waiting for the game to leave a question mark.

However, company representatives have clearly outlined the situation.

It is my call to all players waiting for the game.

Stop access to forums.
Stop watching the game on Steam and stop commenting.
Do not watch the game videos on youtube.

In short, forget about Mount and Blade ii Bannerlord.

Even if there is a serious reaction and no serious reaction is shown, the game is not even within 2023.

After all this time, we are still in the first and middle sections, and their explanations are meaningful and show a serious approach.

This article should be shared on English forums and this call should be accessible to everyone.

Otherwise, the coating quality and sword sheaths will still be mentioned and will continue to break the nerves.

This is not a boycott call either. This is the message of the users, "I've stopped waiting for your game."

Even today, speaking with an imprecise language for this year clearly shows that they do not want to finish the game. They're still gonna be joining Gamescom.

I'd like you to take this call. From this day on, you have not only managed to follow your support on the forum, in the steam, on youtube and to follow your support in this topic.
Edit message
Don´t understand you being upset or trying to "rebel" here.. I am playing Warband, and many mods, which have been developed,( great RESPECT for all modders :grin:) and still enjoying all of them..
Bannerlord is coming out when its finished, and it is going to be awesome. Chill  :lol:

The expectations for this game are very high, but aside from graphics the feature improvements appear to be mostly minor.

Aside from the general apathy that is setting in here, there is a real possibility that some beloved feature of Warband will not be implemented to the satisfaction of the player base, such as the feel of combat or even just riding a horse. If this happens, coupled with the high expectations, the reviews of the game on release could be brutal and could spell disaster.

Another thing to note - Warband was so successful because of the many great mods made for it. We don't know what Bannerlord will allow to be modded and if that falls short of expectations, the game will have a short life indeed.

The combat looks to be fundamentally similar to Warband, something they were keen to retain from the start. There's no reason to expect otherwise, though there was a lot of concern and debate amongst multiplayer fans particularly about the way feints and such work. They've talked a lot about modding at several points over the years and again, it sounds as if the game will be very moddable.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Singleplayer people are weird

Some folk are depends on getting feedbacks from others feeling themself empty alone. For me solitude is refreshing when my life/work constrains me to assist more than enough people wallowing in their daily ****.

Back
Top Bottom