[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

After the huge sucsess of WBMM Battlegrounds I hope we'll finally see some changes to the MM system and balance in the next update in 2 months.

Literally been trying to find a way to play on the battle server for the last 3 days now before talking smack about it, but it's just always dead - atleast when I check. Who would've thought...

Just keep the map pool to the competitive pool, perhaps add 2 from the captains choices, don't think we need more than 10-12 maps no matter if people complain.

Just keep the map pool to the competitive pool, perhaps add 2 from the captains choices, don't think we need more than 10-12 maps no matter if people complain.

This and if you do add any maps in the future best to ask the players who are playing it rather than adding terrible maps and everyone crying. MM is pretty active atm too with like 3 matches running at some points... why kill that activity?

After the huge sucsess of WBMM Battlegrounds I hope we'll finally see some changes to the MM system and balance in the next update in 2 months.
If you have checked the recent changelogs, we are constantly trying to improve the balancing but it is very complicated.
Over the past weeks, we worked a lot to improve the balancing algorithm. It is very hard to figure out a good solution with the player amount being very limited.
The reason behind WBMM Battlegrounds was that it was easy and fast to implement and did not consume much time. I hope it gains some popularity over the next days.
If you are complaining about long durations between separate patches you have to keep in mind that WBMM is a project developed in our spare time. We are investing our own money into this project so you can use it without paying any fees.
We try to give players the best possible Warband competitive experience but due to the limited contribution and the fact that this is a duo coding project, it is impossible to release a new patch on a weekly basis.

This and if you do add any maps in the future best to ask the players who are playing it rather than adding terrible maps and everyone crying. MM is pretty active atm too with like 3 matches running at some points... why kill that activity?
According to the poll, the majority of our community was interested in a more diverse set of maps. We added those maps so you can give us feedback on which to permanently add our map pool.
Our thought was that names and screenshots would not provide such a detailed response as experience would. This is the reason why we added them all at once and regarding the feedback, we adjusted the pool already.
We will for sure keep the WNL8 maps in the pool, but I personally would like to see at least two or three more maps as long as they fit.

Make the 2 highest rated players captains of a team each and have them pick players on their own. Will make the matches more balanced since people can rate the players way better than your balance; you can pick people that you know will hop on voice (WBMM TS since discord is rather gay :smile: ) over others that don't so it's more likely to improve the game quality; oh you also fix the duoq abuse problem doing that. Display the map before that so captains can draft players in a more tactical way. Bring back the que as class thing so captains see what each player wants to play as. Have the captain thing on a cooldown of a couple games so it's not always the same people. (could use hidden mmr for the ratings if that's still a thing)

I know that the people in charge don't do it full-time, hence I'm very confused why you put effort into something like WBMM BG that has very low chance of actually being used. The community gave up on a battle server years ago for a good reason.

Thanks for explaining bullez, I'm fine with a few new maps as long as the big majority is played in tournaments to be honest. As said a few extras don't harm.

Captain idea is actually quite good.

Battle server isn't in opposition to WBMM but could (and should) be used as somewhere to jump in to immediately play while you queue. I can't be the only one sent to sleep by logging in, waiting for 15 mins, having the queue not be accepted 3 times, have someone dodge, then finally you get a game which has a 50% chance of being a stomp (for either side) anyway, battle server reduces your down time for the population and also gives you an option for when you get bored of the passivity inherent in matchmaking because everyone's scared about the online points.

Would it be possible to set it up so that flags spawn in a certain order rather than randomly? It could really help with team cohesion.

I know it doesn't do that in tournaments, but anything that gets teams playing better together in WBMM seems important.

Not to mention it increases fairness in matches by reducing flag RNG.

That is quite an interesting suggestion. We are currently in discussion about its advantages and disadvantages. But are willed to try it out since this could help a lot. Thanks :grin:

Would it be possible to set it up so that flags spawn in a certain order rather than randomly? It could really help with team cohesion.
I know it doesn't do that in tournaments, but anything that gets teams playing better together in WBMM seems important.
Not to mention it increases fairness in matches by reducing flag RNG.
Due to the fact that most of our players are from the competitive scene and we want to stick as closely to the competitive scene as possible, we won't change that.

Last edited:
Captain idea is actually quite good.

Battle server isn't in opposition to WBMM but could (and should) be used as somewhere to jump in to immediately play while you queue. I can't be the only one sent to sleep by logging in, waiting for 15 mins, having the queue not be accepted 3 times, have someone dodge, then finally you get a game which has a 50% chance of being a stomp (for either side) anyway, battle server reduces your down time for the population and also gives you an option for when you get bored of the passivity inherent in matchmaking because everyone's scared about the online points.
I'd totally agree if it was like 2017. For a battle server to properly work you'll need atleast 15ish people. Even during que times not everyone waiting will join, so I guess you'll have perhabs 8 players if you're lucky. Not enough to properly play battle; since there're no more public battle players you don't have people to keep the server alive - most of the time it'll be a struggle to get the server going in the beginning (what we're seeing now). Keep in mind that people will leave once a match is found so most won't bother with it rather quickly.

I think DM instead as warm up or **** around server (also warm up for actual matches) could work. 8 people on Deathmatch before quepop is something i would consider joining.
Just have people not gain MMR in any way on it or it'll be abused.

Last edited:
I'd totally agree if it was like 2017. For a battle server to properly work you'll need atleast 15ish people. Even during que times not everyone waiting will join, so I guess you'll have perhabs 8 players if you're lucky. Not enough to properly play battle; since there're no more public battle players you don't have people to keep the server alive - most of the time it'll be a struggle to get the server going in the beginning (what we're seeing now). Keep in mind that people will leave once a match is found so most won't bother with it rather quickly.

I think DM instead as warm up or **** around server (also warm up for actual matches) could work. 8 people on Deathmatch before quepop is something i would consider joining.
Just have people not gain MMR in any way on it or it'll be abused.

I'd love a DM type server with players from wbmm. Killing TG arena noobs is nowhere near the same as when trying to lance decent players in wbmm, they move completely different... It'd be quite fun.

Lobby chat would be a good thing so people don't spam all chat discussing picks and ****
also good qol change if you could make it so that people don't have to select their preferred class every time again
looking very good beside that (apart from some server issues)

Back
Top Bottom