[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

lmfao let’s unban the cheaters that were caught with first hand evidence but keep chowski permanently banned and eliminate any chance for him to defend himself. Ive been silent on this for too long

Is it ethically right? Permanently banning someone and outcasting somebody from a small scene with no chance for him to defend himself? Why is it that the admins refuse to allow Chowski to record his own gameplay, but allow these 3 who were caught cheating from their own screen? We didn’t even observe Chowski from a locked spec pov, the clips and evidence were gathered second-hand, and from a free cam perspective. I believe that we can gather clips from any archers and find some that look suspicious. What I’m trying to say is that there wasn’t enough evidence to ban Chowski, especially due to the amount of debate that stemmed from the publishing of such clips. I believe it’s due to the laziness of the admins to not pursue this case further and gather more evidence, which roots back to my original claim: it is injustice to not let a man defend himself.

I thought the current society of the world valued justice in any sort of court of conduct, whether it’s real life court or some competitive forum and community. I believe that justice should be impartial and not have any third party that is irrelevant from the case itself be a factor to its conclusion. I believe that the wrongful banning of Chowski was influenced by factors irrelevant to the case, which I believe is immoral at its core.

I believe that there were many factors that affected Chowski’s case. His friend group and history with known cheaters and deviants. His poor relationship with many of the upstanding characters in the NA scene and his poor relationship with the admin team. Also his poor in game personality. I believe that these were major influences on the case plus more.

There were a number of players that pleaded to allow chowski to defend his position (i.e record his gameplay) and I’m not counting his friend group at all. Not only was Chowski silenced, but why was the outcry of bystanders also silenced?

I’m arguing if it was right to ban chowski under the given conditions. Is it right to not allow him to defend himself? Is it right to not allow him to record himself so the admin team can gather first hand evidence? Is it right to be stern and silence the outcry of the community? If he records himself, and he plays awful and misses those shots, then it’s proven but what if he continues to make them? I believe there’s too too much reasonable doubt to justify a permanent ban and outcast from the comp scene. I’ve been silent for a long time but banning Chowski like this hasn’t never sat well with me. I’m not doing this on his behalf, I’m doing this on my own accord and because I don’t think it’s right. Especially when we’re going to continue onto Bannerlord soon and you’re outcasting somebody that wasn’t fully proven to be guilty. I also believe that Chowski has never played well enough for me to ever think he was a cheater.

The admin team is allowing players who were caught cheating to play as long as they’re recording game play. In many scenes I’m sure cheaters were allowed back to the community once they were deemed worthy and have proven that they don’t cheat. Why is Chowski not allowed to participate in this opportunity? Do you truly believe that it was right to ban Chowski under the conditions and evidence shown in the case? Was it beyond any reasonable doubt?

Here’s what I think the admin team should do. Roberta has been trying to keep the NA community active with pickups throughout the week. Chowski should show up and record his game play. Before he was banned, we all can agree that he was at least a good shot. We can analyze the uploaded game play to determine if there was a sudden change in his shot. However, I think that a third party should analyze this, players that actually have experience in shooting.

I’m standing up for justice. As said before, punishing a man using second hand evidence and not allowing him a chance to defend himself is wrong. It’s harmless for the admin team to collect more evidence. Why can’t they, especially when the victim has been open about recording himself? What ever happened to beyond a reasonable doubt?

The fact is chowski refused to record his gameplay saying he didn't care and then told his friends the admin refused to let him record.

Actually i asked the admins themselves and they said he wasent allowed to record, His ban was more of target than anything because players see him as a troll, He wanted to record and wasent allowed

Alyss said:
The fact is chowski refused to record his gameplay saying he didn't care and then told his friends the admin refused to let him record.

Sorry but this is revisionist history and a straight up lie unless you provide any evidence of this actually happening. One of the hottest topics of the case was why Chowski isn't allowed to record his gameplay. Have you even read anything I wrote?

Edit: To add, Chowski himself said that he's very open to recording and uploading his own game play. I already said that but I guess I have to make it more clear.

bullez said:
Freyja said:
Your nickname: Nessa
Server & Time (if possible): -
A short description of the situation: Banned for cheating.
For how long were you banned?: Permanent
Who banned you?: Mynes
What rules did you break?: § 1 Cheating
Why should we unban you?: I had a ban appeal before, but it didn't end with any conclusions. I wish to play this game for one last time before bannerlord comes out. Its been more than a year, I apologized many times and I mean it. I do apologize one more time from the community and those whom I disappointed. I am willing to do anything as admin team asks. Thanks for considering this.
Your unban appeal has been denied. The majority of the admin team and probably of our players are against unbanning cheaters. If tournaments decide to unban you, we will reconsider your appeal.

Pretty hilarious. Which tournament set the precedent to unban them? Just checked recent ones and they're all banned. Ba-ba-backpedal. Cheating is a serious thing and the three of them were caught by Mynes himself with proof nobody can dispute (admissions and screenshots FROM WBMM.)

Care to elaborate why this is the right thing to do?

I for one fully endorse this decision and commend the admin team for making such a brave decision in the face of glaring facts and inarguable logic. Kudos!

Fietta said:
What a fun topic, imagine creating spyware (illegal) to find cheaters to then unban them anyways, that's unfortunate!

You’d be surprised, every hackshield has the same capability to screenshot your screen and in fact they track and monitor your entire pc as it’s running! I don’t even remember accepting the TOS to these hack shields either so it’s the same concept right

Back
Top Bottom