[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Flag should spawn in all 3 locations before repeating. First flag is random between the 3 spots, 2nd flag spawns randomly between the remaining two, 3rd flag is at the remaining spawn. That order is repeated for subsequent rounds.

Battlefield was like this, makes for much less RNG, and lets teams use their on skill to set up properly rather than hope for the right flag.

Grimsight said:
Flag should spawn in all 3 locations before repeating. First flag is random between the 3 spots, 2nd flag spawns randomly between the remaining two, 3rd flag is at the remaining spawn. That order is repeated for subsequent rounds.

Battlefield was like this, makes for much less RNG, and lets teams use their on skill to set up properly rather than hope for the right flag.

Disable duo queuing, its actually game breaking when 2000 mmr players duo, the teams are not remotely fair. There are not even remotely enough players to justify having duos

When signing up, it would probably be ideal if you could create some legal agreement when it comes the use of the person's IP address and if you're using anything else such as hardware ID. You can have a privacy policy, but that normally comes into force when the user agrees, there's no real prompt/checkbox/closure for it. You could essentially sign-up without agreeing to use your IP Address, but you'd use it anyways.

I'm also unsure what this means:

§ 2 Processed Data from website
(2) When you use Warband Matchmaking your IP address is logged by our server, which is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer

Are you saying the IP-Address is assigned to a number like a HashMap/HashSet and then that index is assigned to an account? Or are you saying that your IP Address from the start was assigned to your computer even when it's more than likely to be dynamic? Since it's very obvious IP Addresses have nothing to do with your computer; the IP Address can however, allow you to possibly identify someone which comes to the first part of your policy:

§ 1 General Info
To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on the WarbandMatchmaking website. This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission.

You've created a policy but that's not anyone agreeing to its terms, there's no legal agreement, thus means you're using information without people's permission, your policy means nothing if there's no terms to agree with. With that in mind, you're saying the website stores IP Address yet are saying it doesn't store information about individual users 'without their permission'. I just need clarification because the policy seems contradictory unless the IP Addresses are encrypted, but if that's the case they'd pretty much be useless to use.

§ 1 General Info
'This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission.'

This part of the policy is very poorly worded, makes people assume that what's stored can't identify them. The correct wording would be something like 'The website does store information that could potentially identify a user, however, this information is stored and protected when the user legally agrees with the policy.'

I guess I also suggest (even though not legally obliged) to create T&Cs for like donations, behaviour, accountability etc.

As for the web betting system, don't put your guide in the rules and regulations page xd

KaneMaB said:
There is no real problem with duo-queueing in EU. As soon as MMR starts getting more stable it will all be more fair.

There are only about 6 elite level players right now in NA and they all duo queue together. In 6v6 you only need two good players to win.

Haven't played much and I can agree duo queue heavily favors two elite players. It should also be 7v7 here in NA. Will lesson the impact of said players.
I won't be playing much if at all but it's nice to see the project come stateside regardless. Congrats  :grin:

Does the team algorithm takes into account the second player in the duo? Because when you see that Cow/Aporta and Lagstro/PPK are all in the same team it doesn’t feel balanced

rRrVFnZ.jpg
I need a challenge..

Back
Top Bottom