[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlini said:
You and your friendos prefer 6v6, we get it, but stop spamming about 'playing at any point in the day' and 'waiting a lot atm to play 8v8' BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY 1 SERVER UP AND BOTH QUEUES ARE AVAIBLE, you fail to understand that, you are judging a gamemode without it being properly tested and crying over reasons that have not been seen on propper conditions(web-based, multiple lobbys and current player activity). You should really look into the brain switch on sentence on yourselves instead of constantly write the same **** over and over again and not reading or trying to understand what's causing those issues you're concerned about. As I said, you may be right but you should stop stating consequences over something that has not been properly set-up. The poll is being ran and hopefully they setup more servers and set 8v8 only for a full-week soon, after that, with lot of feedback aswell it will be clear what's better for wbmm, 6v6 or 8v8, meanwhile there's no use in spamming wrong info.

When 8v8 was the main mode in MM before there was only 1 game going and I didn't even bother with it cuz the waiting was too boring. I just played on TG arena after IG died but 6v6 MM was enjoyable enough for to me use. 8v8 is trash, waiting times are trash and I guarantee you that new players who are trying it are not going to bother waiting 30 minutes to play.

Comes back to the same spot  :facepalm:... Check the activity back then and check it now. Perhaps it increased due Server-side bug-free wbmm and lot of player activity increase?  :roll: The test is to find out if its good enough to maintain a similar level of activity on 8v8, to be able to play at almost anytime like with 6v6, AND MAINLY TO FIT THE CURRENT COMPETITIVE SETTINGS. With the current player pool it's almost asured that once servers are fully-functional(4 of them minimum) and 6v6 is gone from queue options, the waiting time should be quite low and games should be up for a huge range of time through the day, and I think yesterday night is the proof, but again, instead of spamming a tunnel visioned opinion over my preference im waiting to see the test unlike you men do.

Gibby Jr said:
Charlini said:
*Wall of text*

When 8v8 was the main mode in MM before there was only 1 game going and I didn't even bother with it cuz the waiting was too boring. I just played on TG arena after IG died but 6v6 MM was enjoyable enough for to me use. 8v8 is trash, waiting times are trash and I guarantee you that new players who are trying it are not going to bother waiting 30 minutes to play.

Second this.

331a4eb4c86d62fd9214001acfcebc4a.png

a305e280d23be46911f32c336d6087f1.png

d92dae1607205ac196e54eeab0489987.png

iT dOeSnT aFfEcT tHe AbIlItY tO gEt A gAmE

I don't really care, but it seems obvious it's best for the future of mm to pick one and stick to it (or change it periodically depending on the tournaments going on).
When I got down to <50 mmr at the start of the season my leaderboard position was something like 500+. That indicates there's a big player pool, granted not all of the might regulary play at the same time or at all but it should be decent enough to sustain 8v8.

I do think it's a big change for people who are noobs that got into matchmaking as a start or step up stone into competitive warband. For them it might be a big change (8v8 is way more chaotic for instance) and the losses they'll experience in the start can be a turnoff.
Would be good to properly explain the reasoning for the change and a more obvious link to tournaments, so they have a context. Otherwise I think we'll go back to the same hardcore 150-200 players that play this game competitively alot and that would be a massive step backwards.
I know there's already a link to tournaments on the home page, but if I was a noob I wouldn't bother really checking out the home page or tournaments unless it's specifically mentioned in.. Maybe a big update post on the mmbrowser?

Does seem like it'll be hard to get 2 regular 8v8 queues which therefore leads to longer waiting times and a dwindling player pool, which is a shame because it is silly to have WBMM different from tournament.

Gibby Jr said:

Match time, opportunist. Show another screen tomorrow or saturday by 18.30 gmt or 22.00 gmt

Edit: And as i said in other posts, you may be right after all, and it wouldnt surprise me, but stating something without testing it is still unnaccurate, with the player pool activity there should be enough, and the only issue is gonna be to actually get that launch pace on going(Early games, Late-night games and match-time games)

I mean I agree we can try this a week see the playerbase drop by 50% and revert the change. Or... We just accept the fact that the playerbase is (sadly) not big enough to make 8v8 work without losing a proper 6v6 playerbase.

I know I ban evaded un Pururin and i apologise but i felt like the 48hour ban the day before was unnecessary.

Reason I got banned orginally- I left a game in middle of the 2nd set because our 6th player left in the first round. I felt the 5v6was really unfair and began to rage cos we were losing because of it :grin:

WONT HAPPEN AGAIN, i can garuantee. So i apologise, i admit my wrong doings, pls forgive me and unban :sad:

maybe people should be less toxic if we want more players :grin: i have been back in warband like a week and played maybe 6-7 games of wbmm and i would say half of the games people start flaming and telling people to stop playing warband or go to a deathmatch server if someone isnt playing great or dies early

6v6 worked perfectly fine. Everyone was enjoying it apart from the teambalance sometimes.Format is fine.
Queueing took ages today and 8v8 is just a mess with most of the 'newbies'.
6v6 is easier to carry for the good players and it's easier to kind of 'command' your team. No point of changing imo.

From a new players perspective I've found it a lot easier to learn in 6v6. There's less people, giving for more of a competitive feel, for me anyways, the teams are more manageable, and the overall fight seems to be a lot cleaner. 8v8 with random people and no comms is very difficult to navigate around and you've got people missing from the main fight nearly all the time. Its a lot easier to communicate and go about a plan of action with 5 people instead of 7. On top of this we've got long queue times and only one game going on at a time. With these new 8v8 queues I feel less inclined to queue up.

Walter. said:
From a new players perspective I've found it a lot easier to learn in 6v6. There's less people, giving for more of a competitive feel, for me anyways, the teams are more manageable, and the overall fight seems to be a lot cleaner. 8v8 with random people and no comms is very difficult to navigate around and you've got people missing from the main fight nearly all the time. Its a lot easier to communicate and go about a plan of action with 5 people instead of 7. On top of this we've got long queue times and only one game going on at a time. With these new 8v8 queues I feel less inclined to queue up.

Some valid points. I prefer 8v8 and the current tournament is 8v8 so that's probably why it was changed.

That said.. if it's easier to find matches, more matches simultaneously and attracts new players i'd probably just stick with 6v6 using tournament maps.

Charlini said:
Match time, opportunist. Show another screen tomorrow or saturday by 18.30 gmt or 22.00 gmt
this is actually a good point. 8v8 works as good as 6v6 does only in prime time when you're able to get 2 matches running. 2 matches at the same time reduce the average waiting time and thus make it more likely for people to q up. 8v8 requires 32 people for that, which will not frequently happen. in 6v6 you only need 24 which I'd say was ordinary in the last month. I don't have access to the MM stats but I'd say that 2 q's running was a daily thing. sometimes we got 3 or even 4.

ye definitely prefer 6v6 over 8v8 (in both MM and tournaments).
just more matches and I guess more variety in terms of teammates and enemies.

6 v 6 in MM is better, even if we had enough people to get 3 - 4 matches of 8 v 8 played. 6 v 6 is less of a cluster**** especially with the 'new players' and all the 'trolls'.

8 v 8 is still the best for tournaments however, just please don't play best out of 5 xD

Guess we have a bigger problem than that. People already abusing surrender option by when they see they are losing they surrender before the round ends and both team gets 0 mmr and it keeps going till they find a match which they can win. These fake siralecks are doing it right now.

Back
Top Bottom