[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

OurGloriousLeader said:
How does the team balance work, does it try to make the MMR values as equal as possible on both sides? I've noticed a lot of matches where 700-800mmr players get a lot of lower MMR players whilst their opponent is a few 500mmrs and 300s etc. Not sure if that's the best way of balancing it (maybe just try to equalise ranks on both sides?)
Balancing is currently based on having equal (or as close as possible) total MMR values for both teams. Your suggestion is probably worth a try, not sure how effective it would be though.

Hey, I would like to play your matchmaking, which is few steps forward to the old one (which I could not play becouse of XPfobic system and all the privacy abuse that was later on top of that, but to the point), but I can't... becouse of the rules... which I could not find.

When I want to read them by clicking big button "PRIVACY POLICY" on the main screen, it does nothing (ok, no problem, Rome wasn't built in a day). But then, when I want to register on your site, I have to agree the rules... which takes me to the 404. How I could agree to something I cannot read. Sorry, but it's same kind of bull**** that I have seen in the old mm. Not fair guys.

Kradus said:
Hey, I would like to play your matchmaking, which is few steps forward to the old one (which I could not play becouse of XPfobic system and all the privacy abuse that was later on top of that, but to the point), but I can't... becouse of the rules... which I could not find.

When I want to read them by clicking big button "PRIVACY POLICY" on the main screen, it does nothing (ok, no problem, Rome wasn't built in a day). But then, when I want to register on your site, I have to agree the rules... which takes me to the 404. How I could agree to something I cannot read. Sorry, but it's same kind of bull**** that I have seen in the old mm. Not fair guys.

Hi Kradus,

There is some issue with the forum at the moment, I am sure it will be sorted out soon. Thank you for your time.

- SaBo0o (WBMM MODULE DEVELOPER AND DESIGNER)

Kradus said:

If you think matchmaking is here to steal your personal data. you're absolutely wrong. It's a minor temporary issue. Web-based interface was there make sure it's safer. It doesn't ask for your e-mail. It doesn't check on your PC. You don't have to download anything. Don't try to start a witch hunt.

Kradus said:

As Sabo already mentioned, the forum is currently down however I've managed to link the rules to a valid source so it should be accessable now on the registration page.

SaBo0o said:
Kradus said:

Hi Kradus,

There is some issue with the forum at the moment, I am sure it will be sorted out soon. Thank you for your time.

- SaBo0o (WBMM MODULE DEVELOPER AND DESIGNER)
lmao professional reply sabo

Radulf_ said:
I'm ban 95h because my connection crashed in the middle of my game how can i get unban?
95h is a bit much for 1 disconnect. Are you sure you didn't violate any rules beforehand?

In any case I'll look into it, and if it appears you got banned only for the crash I will lessen the ban to 24h.

E: Would actually be useful if you could state your name so I could actually check ur profile.

MMR balance for top players still seems a bit unbalanced. What about making the top bracket just 1000+ or so, or tying it to the top 10 e.g. whether you're 1200 MMR or 2200 MMR the system counts you as equal. That way we don't have Peter or Brian and 5 peasant vs the amassed veteran guard of the rest of wbmm.

OurGloriousLeader said:
MMR balance for top players still seems a bit unbalanced. What about making the top bracket just 1000+ or so, or tying it to the top 10 e.g. whether you're 1200 MMR or 2200 MMR the system counts you as equal. That way we don't have Peter or Brian and 5 peasant vs the amassed veteran guard of the rest of wbmm.

OurGloriousLeader said:
This actually sounds like a good idea.

Maybe a top player such as I can finally queue in peace now  :twisted:

I feel like party queue is too strong when there's no way to prevent smurfing.
I suggest partied players should be kept within a reasonable MMR range or not allow them to party up, pretty prone to abuse as it is

How will smurfing be prevented though? Since it was done very well with the client but on the website it can't log your HWID now right? And anything to do with any other information people will cry about privacy issues xD

Apollo~ said:
How will smurfing be prevented though? Since it was done very well with the client but on the website it can't log your HWID now right? And anything to do with any other information people will cry about privacy issues xD

Combination of IP Address and GUID I'd assume. Ofc It's impossible to get rid of smurfs but no one would be dumb enough to buy a new game key and use a VPN for MMR.

Anyone can do that easily though, keys are now like £3 - £5? VPN can literally be downloaded into your google chrome browser for free :razz: Its a losing battle tbh

Guess mynes will explain it better but basicly players will be seeded into hidden tiers that the system will split equally between the teams, those without seedment will follow the previous mmr algorytm to be set in teams. Smurfs could ruin this or any possible system that anyone previously mentioned on the thread, so bans from the website through IP will happen if smurfs are found to be made, doesn't mean that you can't play under an alternative name but once people realise who you are or your level you will get seeded, but the moment multi accounts happen the IP ban will come in, sounds like a fair system overall.

Back
Top Bottom