[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

So actually, you can make ur game like A LOT louder. Go to the game settings through your documents, open that in notepad. Find something about the sound and just write a couple of nines.

That is cheating for sure lol

And changing e.g. footsteps to make them louder is definitely cheating, as you can only change the game files like crosshairs and healthbars, which are both listed in the rules somewhere

Editing crosshairs is still not 'officially' allowed, they (in the WNL) allow you to use some old crosshairs but I don't think anyone does that. There is no rule allowing different healthbars. But neither give any advantage. But, editing sound files to make your game louder is definitely an advantage and is 100% cheating.

Editing crosshairs is still not 'officially' allowed, they (in the WNL) allow you to use some old crosshairs but I don't think anyone does that. There is no rule allowing different healthbars. But neither give any advantage. But, editing sound files to make your game louder is definitely an advantage and is 100% cheating.

What I do is 100% not cheating, through those files you can change your sensitivity, music volume, the height/width thingy(idk how u call it lol, the pixels etc.) And also it is literally accessible to anyone, I discovered it like 2 years ago, however it came most useful when the Polish LAN thingy was going on, since I could just copy my game settings and paste the numbers into another PC. So yeah, not cheating, just smart.

I actually thought this was a WNL thread, but since it is not I take back my words about editing crosshairs since I have no clue about WBMM rules.

Even if Habrak edited sound level overall by files, he amplified bass ONLY by using his headset, didn't technicly get an advantatge by editing those files(he could literally buy a stronger sound in-come headset and he would get that volume increase that he seeked anyway).

Editing bass income that allows your own headset is totally fine.

However editing files is theorically cheating I guess(I wouldn't consider it on this particular case since he doesnt win an in game advantatge by editing the files themselves).
Just to the same line as always, this kind of 'cheating' is nowhere close painting javs, same way it's nowhere near NEOGK setup, same way all of those are nowhere near Wallhacking or Autowhatevers.

Looking forward to see the outcome haha

You can edit many files on warband such as editing textures to give you wallhack. Or editing the colour of missles to see them easier. However, all of them are prohibited on the basis that it gives an advantage that other players do not have. It's all well and good you saying that 'oh everyone can do it' everyone can go and buy cheats, not everyone does.

However, there is no rule against this in the WNL ruleset it only says that graphical changes are banned. Which makes editing your crosshair & healthbar more cheating than editing your config file so you can have louder footsteps, horses and missile noises.

Why tho? Assuming he is just raising the overall sound level, what does it matter how he does it? Same thing can be done with a headphone amp, even if audio of windows and game are maxed out.

Tbh I dont really know why anyone would want to **** up their hearing over a video game. Maybe its because im a cav player but I always have my game barely audible, the sounds in this game are ****ing annoying.

You can edit many files on warband such as editing textures to give you wallhack. Or editing the colour of missles to see them easier. However, all of them are prohibited on the basis that it gives an advantage that other players do not have. It's all well and good you saying that 'oh everyone can do it' everyone can go and buy cheats, not everyone does.

However, there is no rule against this in the WNL ruleset it only says that graphical changes are banned. Which makes editing your crosshair & healthbar more cheating than editing your config file so you can have louder footsteps, horses and missile noises.
you do realise that he's literally just making the whole game louder? you can do the same in other games, you can edit your config file in cs:go and change the overall volume or you can use the in-game console for it. on top of that, most good sound cards give you an option to turn up and down the volume of certain things, such as game sounds. so let's say I'm listening to music, playing a video game and talking in ts, with certain options enabled, my music will turn down a little when something loud is happening in game or someone is talking in ts. I believe that's cheating too? or is he cheating only because he edited his game files, which is what pretty much every archer does by changing their crosshair style?

So actually, you can make ur game like A LOT louder. Go to the game settings through your documents, open that in notepad. Find something about the sound and just write a couple of nines. It makes the game really loud and I sometimes can't stand it with some in-ears so I turn it down a little, also I boosted my head phones in terms of bass, because the horses produce that kind of sound. Hey, thank me later.
The game is already loud enough though. EQ would probably be cool to experiment with tho.

This is not cheating Apollo? Just the action of changing a variable of the config.ini file doesn't automatically imply cheating.
In that case I wouldn't even be able to set my Warband sensitivity to a certain accurate number that is not possible to do in-game.

And as others said, you have several ways of getting huge amounts of sound if you even needed it. With quality audio hardware you could literally destroy your ears no need for file configuration.

Last edited:
you do realise that he's literally just making the whole game louder? you can do the same in other games, you can edit your config file in cs:go and change the overall volume or you can use the in-game console for it. on top of that, most good sound cards give you an option to turn up and down the volume of certain things, such as game sounds. so let's say I'm listening to music, playing a video game and talking in ts, with certain options enabled, my music will turn down a little when something loud is happening in game or someone is talking in ts. I believe that's cheating too? or is he cheating only because he edited his game files, which is what pretty much every archer does by changing their crosshair style?

Yes, you can change your settings on windows to boost audio. But editing the game files is different. You edit crosshair 'graphically' you don't change the config file. I believe its cheating and and im not only one lol calm down son. I've changed a bunch of my graphics but none of them change the gameplay or even enhance it atall or allow me to hear player on other sides of the map. If you wanna do it via this go ahead, but when it comes down to editing config files I think that should be prohibited.

In that case I wouldn't even be able to set my Warband sensitivity to a certain accurate number that is not possible to do in-game.

Sensitivity and sound are different things. You can also edit other things in here which can effect gameplay such as limiting the range you can see plants (making them see through, I believe this includes trees) here minimal graphical edits like this is fine xD

Last edited:
You're starting to sound like a hypocritical witch hunter Apollo, but all I do is change a variable that is in the game and nothing that exceeds the current ruleset. Changing my config file is something that I'm allowed to do in order to make the experience best for me personally as this is what the sensitivity, master volumes, music volumes and all the **** does. Would you also say that I should not be able to turn off my shadows which gives me better vision in spots that may be dark for you?

Well you can turn off shadows using the ingame function so no lol. You can't max out your volume using any ingame function such as adding 9999 to it. I don't give a **** if u get banned or not, im just saying that it shoulden't be allowed.

Well you can turn off shadows using the ingame function so no lol. You can't max out your volume using any ingame function such as adding 9999 to it. I don't give a **** if u get banned or not, im just saying that it shoulden't be allowed.

I can also turn them off through the config file like all of the things there. The config file changes the data that is then visible in-game. Anyway I'm done with this rn.

Also you kind of have a history of fake accusations towards innocent people and other bull**** big man.

If u wanna do it sure, but at least make it available for everyone else. here is a file with 9.9999 volume with 0.0000 degrade distance on fauna test it yourself.

<Let's leave the personal stuff out of it next time, shall we?>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can change your settings on windows to boost audio. But editing the game files is different. You edit crosshair 'graphically' you don't change the config file. I believe its cheating and and im not only one lol calm down son. I've changed a bunch of my graphics but none of them change the gameplay or even enhance it atall or allow me to hear player on other sides of the map. If you wanna do it via this go ahead, but when it comes down to editing config files I think that should be prohibited.

Sensitivity and sound are different things. You can also edit other things in here which can effect gameplay such as limiting the range you can see plants (making them see through, I believe this includes trees) here minimal graphical edits like this is fine xD
yeah you could totally change the distance from which you can see plants, but that would be cheating and nobody is denying that :lol: what we're talking about is changing a variable in a text file which makes your game louder. and there are hundreds of other ways to actually make your game go over 100% volume, editing your config is one of the legit ways. you can stop the witch hunt already :lol:

I did not insult you once, you literally look like a teddy bear mate you can't insult anyone over their weight from 3 years ago you wet wipe.

I know my things and you know that you offended many people, in that my country, my friends, my brother and me. That does not go away at any time and let it be the last thing I tell you

So if changing sensitivity through the game file is not a cheat in your eyes, then why would audio be. I'm not sure which subjective logic you're applying here. As we've said, there's countless ways to up the audio to earraping volumes. Audio boosting is just not universally considered a cheat, and not everything is a cheat just because you change its setting in the game file.
If there was an option to increase foot noises or something that wouldn't be accessible by just upping the volume, then yes it would be cheating, but that's not the case here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom