[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Apollo~ said:
Anyone can do that easily though, keys are now like £3 - £5? VPN can literally be downloaded into your google chrome browser for free :razz: Its a losing battle tbh

Anyone can do that easily but it's not worth it, you'll be spending money just to get yourself banned over and over again. Now that's losing. Besides, I don't think many people take MM seriously enough to actually care about MMR, doesn't really show anything but how lonely and sad you are from pumping out 200 games.

Fietta said:
Apollo~ said:
Anyone can do that easily though, keys are now like £3 - £5? VPN can literally be downloaded into your google chrome browser for free :razz: Its a losing battle tbh

Anyone can do that easily but it's not worth it, you'll be spending money just to get yourself banned over and over again. Now that's losing. Besides, I don't think many people take MM seriously enough to actually care about MMR, doesn't really show anything but how lonely and sad you are from pumping out 200 games.

I honestly don't care about people doing this to smurf tbh, but rather ban evading like for example; You have people like Immortal who have ban evaded a few times and will still carry on to do it. If people want to play they will play tbh.

Also, how will people be seeded and more importantly WHO by? Since alot of peoples opinions differ :wink:

Shemaforash said:
I feel like party queue is too strong when there's no way to prevent smurfing.
I suggest partied players should be kept within a reasonable MMR range or not allow them to party up, pretty prone to abuse as it is
You should probably q a duo against a duo to make it balanced, but I doubt enough people play for that.
I'd disable duo q aswell.

You won't be able to find the perfect mmr system with the amount of people playing it anyway. Not even mentioning the cheaters  :iamamoron:. What can be done is creating mmr pools. For example putting 0-300 mmr players in one pool and 300-800 mmr players in one pool etc. In this way low mmrs will be able to compete at their level and high mmrs wont get cancer trying to carry lower level players altough it will take more time to find matches. I am not sure if this is doable. On the other hand wbmm is better than playing in any other servers.

When you pick a class, a server message comes up that tells you how many of each class has already been selected by your teammates. I think this is a great feature and I was wondering if it might be possible to expand on this.
Could you maybe make it so the same message (an updated version ofcourse) comes up I don't know... When all players have joined the server? Or at 15 seconds in halftime? It's useful information for people who care like me, and it won't bother anyone who doesn't care.

HKP said:
Shemaforash said:
I feel like party queue is too strong when there's no way to prevent smurfing.
I suggest partied players should be kept within a reasonable MMR range or not allow them to party up, pretty prone to abuse as it is
I'd disable duo q aswell.

This, since there is no way to prevent smurfing.

KaneMaB said:
Duo queueing is the only thing that makes queueing with high MMR doable, why would you disable that lol?

Have you read the thread at all? DuoQ is totally fine, we are just asking for it to be disabled until we get a solution to smurfing in DuoQ, so you get a decent team with your duo even thought you both have high MMR and should be playing with lower elos.

I feel like the community is tight knit enough that it would be pretty easy to tell when people are smurfing. Just have a report function and dish out punishments to the people who are repeat offenders.

I queue with LaPache and this is the team we get haha

7ff61bf242180323b87a3b131f0d96a8.png

funn

Apollo~ said:
I queue with LaPache and this is the team we get haha

7ff61bf242180323b87a3b131f0d96a8.png

funn

apollo and lapache team total 2650 mmr, ur duo alone has 2374 mmr so it's not surprising when your team is "top 20" or so in mmr atm

other team total 2498 mmr, with some players who have less playtime in wbmm than you two do

the system makes sense, you can't only win eventually the system is gonna give u more difficult challenges to overcome

I was talking more about the team we got, mmr doesn't really matter once you have a sufficient a losing streak you will lose alot of MMR. Having low or high mmr doesn't make you bad or even good :razz:

The error is treating MMR in Warband the same way as you are treating your MMR in Dota, CSGO or League. The player pool is way too much small for it to actually matter. All MM in Warband should be concerned with is ensuring that matches are somewhat evenly balanced and thus enjoyable for everyone. This will also get rid of any potential problems with smurfing and duo queue. The most reasonable suggestion for that seems to be what Irsman wrote.

Let us not forget that this replaced IG as more or less the only viable public place for playing the game on a decent level, top priority therefore should be to keep the majority of players happy and engaged.

CarpeDiem said:
What do you guys think of balancing rosters by K/D? Seems like a good way to tell who's good and who ain't.

W/L would probably be better. If you play exclusively infantry you're going to have a much lower K/D than cav or archer but you may still be able to exert the same amount of magic to cottonmouth a win.

Back
Top Bottom