[WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

hmm.png

About 5500 MMR vs nearly 7000 MMR, and 2 guards and knight vs all peasants.

If it's because Jara (che I think) had mega MMR from previous seasons, then I think that's a problem?

OurGloriousLeader said:
hmm.png

About 5500 MMR vs nearly 7000 MMR, and 2 guards and knight vs all peasants.

If it's because Jara (che I think) had mega MMR from previous seasons, then I think that's a problem?
alot of their team's players had quite high MMR in previous seasons.

OurGloriousLeader said:
I thought the point of moving to 1000 MMR starting point was to start again with a more accurate balancing system?
The MMR from multiple seasons is taken into account. This should, overtime, give the most accurate skill representation.

Ofcourse resetting MMR to 1000 is to balance it for that season, and gives the chance for the MMR to be adjusted to that player's skill level. After the season this will be added to the hidden MMR.

Firunien said:
Generally doesnt hidden mmr defeat the purpose of the leaderboard by season mmr ?
No, season MMR shows how well a person does that particular season. + at the end of the season it helps balance that player for next season.

Hidden MMR is there to eliminate the need of having 2 weeks of random unbalanced matches at the beginning of every season. The MMR you gain or lose during that season will be taken into account as part of the hidden MMR for the next season just for balancing purposes.

KaneMaB said:
No, season MMR shows how well a person does that particular season. + at the end of the season it helps balance that player for next season.

I understand kind of, but hypothetically there is Anubis with a hidden MMR of 8000, its much harder to gain mmr and therfore reaching the leaderboard then someone who doesnt play that much. I think the displayed MMR should kind of represent your "skill" aka your total mmr, but thats just my take i guess. Other games like dota do a calibration each season where your mmr changes are much steeper, first match the most second a bit less and finally after 10 you get to the normal mmr distribution, just wanted to know if you thought about that :smile:

To be honest, the MMR system is mainly based off how many matches you're playing. There's plenty of people within the top 25 who's known for not being that good and the MMR has solely come from playtime. You'll probably get better match-ups by randomising the teams but keeping the MMR to show wins etc. I really dislike logging in and the 3k MMR player is some mediocre player whilst they have a pro player at 2k MMR, we're going to lose. Scrap the MMR system, the better players in the scene don't sweat WBMM so normally have far less MMR than the others. Make it randomised.

There is no evidence that there will be better equaziled teams with randomising. At least they are attempting to make it balanced. Also as a reminder;
ssalih said:
You won't be able to find the perfect mmr system with the amount of people playing it anyway. Not even mentioning the cheaters  :iamamoron:. What can be done is creating mmr pools. For example putting 0-300 mmr players in one pool and 300-800 mmr players in one pool etc. In this way low mmrs will be able to compete at their level and high mmrs wont get cancer trying to carry lower level players altough it will take more time to find matches. I am not sure if this is doable. On the other hand wbmm is better than playing in any other servers.

Your idea is good Irsman yet you pretty much brought all the major flaws to it yourself. Having MMR pools would make the system more efficient yet it would drastically increase the waiting time, which would then become one of the major points of contention in people's complains. Endless circle really.

As you said it so well yourself, there is no perfect MMR system to be found for WBMM with such a small community. Not sure why people would care for whoever ends up at the top of the ladder at each season nor if the players with the highest MMR accurately represent the best players of the community. Just take it for what it is, a well-designed and useful tool to play competitive warband in a semi-organized way and with a very relative balance, nothing more.

I don't believe the argument is that we don't appreciate it Kane. It's just they have said "two more weeks" for several months. There have been a good amount of people saying they are willing to pay for it as well.

yeah well maybe u should donate then??

idk about u but mynes is hundreds of euros in the minus over this already and i dont think if i were him id be very willing to embrace the na community when theyre even incapable of running a single tournament and are quite obviously a dead scene

Pub battle may be dead, but Rat Parties always get the necessary numbers extremely quickly.

NA would appreciate WBMM even more because we have no tournaments to play in.

The second Mynes asked for NA to provide servers, multiple sources offered them up immediately.

I guess MYNES will also have to create a separate leaderboard for the NA version, MYNES will also need non-limited access to the servers which have been donated to be able to restart, add files and edit anything needed. This kind of stuff takes time, if you want it faster then create it yourself I guess? if not give MYNES time :smile:

Something was promised with a rough time estimate, twice the time has passed, and there hasn't been an update on the matter. We've come looking for answers.

Back
Top Bottom