[WBL] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

You see Greed, since you didn't even bothered to properly answer to the big points and went to nitpick the small stuff aside from some half-made points from the big one I didn't even bothered on answering full on because you proved me that even when trying to disprove me with facts you still messed up and focus on what you wanted, best example is with the "facts are fun" .Saying as because you started with tournaments already in Native in 2011 it basically disproved me of anything yet Sandorra was already playing the Finnish leagues at 2010 (or at leas that's what I understood) and the same with other examples, regardless I honestly couldn't care less, I was trying to make a point of you speaking out of your mind, I think it fulfilled what I wanted. Also, yes, I "properly" didn't start to play until June 2016, yet I have been around Warband since 2013 and was a pretty big fan of Competitive Streams at that time, I also didn't need to be around and registered from 2012 because I can too read the forums years afters, and I can ask the people that was around at that time and NOT just see the one side of the coin and see what both sides have to say about it and then make an opinion out of it. So yeah, no need to remark that I wasn't around that time and thus I can't make an opinion about it.

And hear me out, you can say, but Alecks, you're being hypocritical here, you can make a personal point about it but he can't. My ONLY and main reason here I did that is because Greed has repeatedly shown that (and this is NOT an opinion) everytime a cheater has been "caught" he's being way too aggresive about it, claiming the admins where too shady about it when they were investigating, saying that they were being biased or simply rejected "supposedly" undeniable proof but days after all these is proven wrong. And all of this is out there, not something I'm pulling out of my arse. Most of your posts Greed that involved these situations have been a half-educated half-aggresive post against whoever voiced an opinion against yours, you just listened to whatever supported your ideas and semi ignored the others, Darklight's case is LITERALLY the best example for it. You've shown it on Twitter with the "Wanna bet on Nothing." and you've shown it on Taleworlds. And while I know you don't mean in any harmful way, misinforming when you have half-truths or poorly based facts from one side don't help at all, specially when people that is trying to help the involved member or is investigating the case have to deal with it. And yes, you moreless apologised if you were wrong or cut it when it was required to / was proven otherwise but that "noise" was still a really bad thing for the accused.

But let's focus on what we should've from the start, just Anubis. I apologise if you took the attack as personal as it was never my intention but you have to see where I come from.

Big points that you need to reconsider Greed.

1.- Yes, most of the archers make flicks, but there's a reason why flicks are considered something so good and cool to make or watch. There's a difference on having a "flicky" playstyle which I do believe Anubis (KIND OF) has, and being able to hit 80% of the flicks till the point in time where he was told he was being observed. Flick shots are something that even in CS or other casual shooters are hard to make and the highlights of many compilation videos, when you consider that Warband has 3 more variables to shooting and he still performs incredibly good and has a high hit registration with them they aren't something to ignore.

2.- The big difference between Anubis and Maximou is the situations they were both caught in. Anubis was caught in-game, after a week of reports against him and personally confirming his sketchyness. Maximou was caught in the "unnamed for obvious reasons, let's call it X" forum, he personally confirmed that he did ask for help to install it but he never got to use it, and whilst that might be a lie there wasn't any recorded proof that it was indeed used in any previous competitive matchups which highly suggested he was somewhat saying the truth or at least he could be given AT LEAST a chance. That's the main reason he was allowed to record to prove his innocence. I can guarantee you that the WSC admin team wouldn't have allowed Maximou to play if lets say he was caught cheating in IG or any other server of whatever module.

3.- You make several points that are really strange to me, from a Mercenaries admin point of view. You claim that catching an aimbotter is extremely hard, you also claim that aimbots don't snap into targets, they follow them, and lastly that predicting movement ISN'T a thing.
Well, so far, in Mercenaries we have been able to identify 4 different types of Aimbots from different sources, two of which come from the previously mentioned "X" forum and two people in particular (that if you have followed the other dramas you'll probably know their names) and two russian aimbots from a forum that I honestly can't pronounce or type, these last ones were extremely basic in comparison with the "X" forum ones and they were poorly coded which resulted on extreme twitching or weird unnatural behaviours yet they also had some complex math and features in them.
In most of the situations, even when we had to deal with with the "X" forum version there's easily seen "key" points to look at. First of which are Flicks & Twitching. The standard aimbot behaviour will work as follow: User will drag his mouse near the desired target, aimbot will then now lock and follow, predict (if it has the feature enabled) and shoot until the target is dead, IF YOU WANT, you can change your target by hard dragging outside the target which usually causes twitches if there's another nearby target as when you drag the mouse outside and there's another target nearby it will instantly lock into the other one's hitbox. Like I previously mentioned, this is specially visible in the more basic versions but the principle still stands in every case of aimbot I've seen so far. One example of an extreme case of twitching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMwfbZasook

Another big key point is Hit Registration or simply, Accuracy. Both Mercenaries and Native are somewhat similar when it comes to the basics of Archery, but since I don't have specific data about Native I'm going to use where he was caught. I'll expand this data later but the characters Anubis used from March 25th to March 31th (The day he was told he was being investigated for cheating) had a Hit Registration of 68%, which means that in a hypothetical enviroment he'll land 7 shots out of 10 from his quiver. Keep in mind his most played server was Mercenaries_EU2 AKA: Siege, where most of the shooting is involved in medium distances and mostly over walls, which fair enough, makes targetting easier. Out of those 40% of which were registered in the chest area, 35% were headshots and the remaining 25% where either arm or leg shots. We personally witnessed Anubis make 20 flick shots (a very big amount of them but since he uses that playstyle is understandable), 17 of which where successful hits, that includes the ones in the GIF (along with the 0,000425 sec flick), which I've seen you repeatedly say, oh yeah they probably failed. I can personally guarantee you that they didn't.

And when you look Warbands archery mechanics there's 4 main variables in the shot to look at (Distance to target, Target's speed, Movement pattern and Projectile speed) and on top of that these lovely things called Shields, all of these can change in a second and that is why catching an aimbot isn't as easy as it is on CS for example where the guy will just headshot, headshot, headshot, but they are still easy ways to identify them. Like I mentioned accuracy is a big important factor for catching cheaters, one big example of a known cheater that had a very similar hit registration is Pasha, aka Frank (you guys know who he is) had a hit registration of 71%. Having high hit registration in the span of 2 hours is doable, extremely hard, but achievable. Having high hit registration in multiple days? Impossible without some sort of aiming assist. Also as a funny note I've got a video recorded of Frank's point of view which again, has a very similar playstyle to what we saw with Anubis and here it is.

And lastly stats. Yes, stats aren't definitive proof that someone is or isn't cheating but they can be used to strengthen our other points, in this case, as it has always been with previous cheater experiences we'd follow a routine. We would investigate his experiences, record as much material as we could and then compare it once we contact the guy, unless of course we are 100% sure that the guy cheats, like we did the youtube video guy I've posted before. So I've went ahead and I've made a table. I'll merge Anubis results and compare them to the results of the best first 4 archers I could find at the time of me writing this, which are, Menethil, Sparta, Lagstro and Elendir (the last one is a renown archer from the Mercs community) and as Lagstro doesn't play Mercenaries I've added Rainbow's stats for the parts where Lagstro himself can't add because we dont have data about it. And this is what I got.

fcabc372781964911d1ab2ae9681eefc.png

DISCLAIMER: Just in case you ask I've merged the data I had from both EU1 and EU2 (battle and siege respectively) his K/Ds and results where considerably better in Siege (as expected from an archer) and that's why in some cases the Kills and Deaths along with the K/Ds may not match up.

Now, and like I previously mentioned from the very same day (31th of March) he was TOLD that he was being investigated and under vigilance he became overall less effective in ALL aspects. He now had very similar stats as other really good archers which supports the idea that up until that moment he had been using Aimbot.

4.- And lastly, recreation. He was asked to provide all counter proof he could. To which he only sent a video of about 20-30ish minutes. I do believe that the language barrier was the problem here and he didn't understood when I asked about multiple things but when he was explicity asked several times to provide ALL he could to replicate it and he only sents one thing (a quick response, yeah) but still one thing it doesn't gives him the best image. Now the important part here and what we looked was if he was able to replicate what he had been doing. To see his 1st person POV of those flick shots and overall see how effective he was, he said he had a potato pc (yet he had 100-130 fps in the whole recording) but still may have affected it but we were looking at playstyle, not that because he missed 1 shot he'd  aimbottink!1!. To our surprise we did see some sort of "similar-ish" behaviour but not only looked a bit forced but things he was able to hit before with ease now he was constantly missing. He would normally shoot extremely quickly but now was taking considerably longer, he'd risk shots a lot more (presumably because he knew the aimbot would do the work) and get way closer to shoot yet we didn't see anything like that. Longer shots that he'd previously hit now weren't there. Snapping wasn't present (thing that we did see from our spectating sessions) and his flickshots were far from perfect. The scarce twitching from time to time was now COMPLETELY GONE.  This is the equivalent of having a suspect of murder with his fingerprints in the body, blood in his clothes the same type of knife in his kitchen and a photograph of the guy coming outside the victims house. Don't get me wrong, the video he recorded was pretty good for the most part but nothing like we had seen, and that's why he was banned.

Greed, like it or not, the data doesn't help, proof that you continously counter-argue with things that make absolutely no sense is more than valid enough and most of the things don't match-up (and don't get me wrong) if you REALLY want, I can go frame by frame explaining why and what to look at and counter argue what you said (even though I pretty much already did in point 3) but I feel that a community ban of a year-ish might help him reconsider what he did, just as we did in the past with Arni.

PS: I know that speaking with "X" and not fully disclosing names is a bit edgy, and I know that a simple search will show these individuals and pages but at least it won't be me the one revealing them, I hope everyone understands and does the same.

SirAlecks said:
You see Greed, since you didn't even bothered to properly answer to the big points and went to nitpick the small stuff aside from some half-made points from the big one I didn't even bothered on answering full on because you proved me that even when trying to disprove me with facts you still messed up and focus on what you wanted, best example is with the "facts are fun" .Saying as because you started with tournaments already in Native in 2011 it basically disproved me of anything yet Sandorra was already playing the Finnish leagues at 2010 (or at leas that's what I understood) and the same with other examples, regardless I honestly couldn't care less, I was trying to make a point of you speaking out of your mind, I think it fulfilled what I wanted. Also, yes, I "properly" didn't start to play until June 2016, yet I have been around Warband since 2013 and was a pretty big fan of Competitive Streams at that time, I also didn't need to be around and registered from 2012 because I can too read the forums years afters, and I can ask the people that was around at that time and NOT just see the one side of the coin and see what both sides have to say about it and then make an opinion out of it. So yeah, no need to remark that I wasn't around that time and thus I can't make an opinion about it.

And hear me out, you can say, but Alecks, you're being hypocritical here, you can make a personal point about it but he can't. My ONLY and main reason here I did that is because Greed has repeatedly shown that (and this is NOT an opinion) everytime a cheater has been "caught" he's being way too aggresive about it, claiming the admins where too shady about it when they were investigating, saying that they were being biased or simply rejected "supposedly" undeniable proof but days after all these is proven wrong. And all of this is out there, not something I'm pulling out of my arse. Most of your posts Greed that involved these situations have been a half-educated half-aggresive post against whoever voiced an opinion against yours, you just listened to whatever supported your ideas and semi ignored the others, Darklight's case is LITERALLY the best example for it. You've shown it on Twitter with the "Wanna bet on Nothing." and you've shown it on Taleworlds. And while I know you don't mean in any harmful way, misinforming when you have half-truths or poorly based facts from one side don't help at all, specially when people that is trying to help the involved member or is investigating the case have to deal with it. And yes, you moreless apologised if you were wrong or cut it when it was required to / was proven otherwise but that "noise" was still a really bad thing for the accused.

But let's focus on what we should've from the start, just Anubis. I apologise if you took the attack as personal as it was never my intention but you have to see where I come from.

1.- Yes, most of the archers make flicks, but there's a reason why flicks are considered something so good and cool to make or watch. There's a difference on having a "flicky" playstyle which I do believe Anubis (KIND OF) has, and being able to hit 80% of the flicks till the point in time where he was told he was being observed. Flick shots are something that even in CS or other casual shooters are hard to make and the highlights of many compilation videos, when you consider that Warband has 3 more variables to shooting and he still performs incredibly good and has a high hit registration with them they aren't something to ignore.

2.- The big difference between Anubis and Maximou is the situations they were both caught in. Anubis was caught in-game, after a week of reports against him and personally confirming his sketchyness. Maximou was caught in the "unnamed for obvious reasons, let's call it X" forum, he personally confirmed that he did ask for help to install it but he never got to use it, and whilst that might be a lie there wasn't any recorded proof that it was indeed used in any previous competitive matchups which highly suggested he was somewhat saying the truth or at least he could be given AT LEAST a chance. That's the main reason he was allowed to record to prove his innocence. I can guarantee you that the WSC admin team wouldn't have allowed Maximou to play if lets say he was caught cheating in IG or any other server of whatever module.

3.- You make several points that are really strange to me, from a Mercenaries admin point of view. You claim that catching an aimbotter is extremely hard, you also claim that aimbots don't snap into targets, they follow them, and lastly that predicting movement ISN'T a thing.
Well, so far, in Mercenaries we have been able to identify 4 different types of Aimbots from different sources, two of which come from the previously mentioned "X" forum and two people in particular (that if you have followed the other dramas you'll probably know their names) and two russian aimbots from a forum that I honestly can't pronounce or type, these last ones were extremely basic in comparison with the "X" forum ones and they were poorly coded which resulted on extreme twitching or weird unnatural behaviours yet they also had some complex math and features in them.
In most of the situations, even when we had to deal with with the "X" forum version there's easily seen "key" points to look at. First of which are Flicks & Twitching. The standard aimbot behaviour will work as follow: User will drag his mouse near the desired target, aimbot will then now lock and follow, predict (if it has the feature enabled) and shoot until the target is dead, IF YOU WANT, you can change your target by hard dragging outside the target which usually causes twitches if there's another nearby target as when you drag the mouse outside and there's another target nearby it will instantly lock into the other one's hitbox. Like I previously mentioned, this is specially visible in the more basic versions but the principle still stands in every case of aimbot I've seen so far. One example of an extreme case of twitching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMwfbZasook

Another big key point is Hit Registration or simply, Accuracy. Both Mercenaries and Native are somewhat similar when it comes to the basics of Archery, but since I don't have specific data about Native I'm going to use where he was caught. I'll expand this data later but the characters Anubis used from March 25th to March 31th (The day he was told he was being investigated for cheating) had a Hit Registration of 68%, which means that in a hypothetical enviroment he'll land 7 shots out of 10 from his quiver. Keep in mind his most played server was Mercenaries_EU2 AKA: Siege, where most of the shooting is involved in medium distances and mostly over walls, which fair enough, makes targetting easier. Out of those 40% of which were registered in the chest area, 35% were headshots and the remaining 25% where either arm or leg shots. We personally witnessed Anubis make 20 flick shots (a very big amount of them but since he uses that playstyle is understandable), 17 of which where successful hits, that includes the ones in the GIF (along with the 0,000425 sec flick), which I've seen you repeatedly say, oh yeah they probably failed. I can personally guarantee you that they didn't.

And when you look Warbands archery mechanics there's 4 main variables in the shot to look at (Distance to target, Target's speed, Movement pattern and Projectile speed) and on top of that these lovely things called Shields, all of these can change in a second and that is why catching an aimbot isn't as easy as it is on CS for example where the guy will just headshot, headshot, headshot, but they are still easy ways to identify them. Like I mentioned accuracy is a big important factor for catching cheaters, one big example of a known cheater that had a very similar hit registration is Pasha, aka Frank (you guys know who he is) had a hit registration of 71%. Having high hit registration in the span of 2 hours is doable, extremely hard, but achievable. Having high hit registration in multiple days? Impossible without some sort of aiming assist. Also as a funny note I've got a video recorded of Frank's point of view which again, has a very similar playstyle to what we saw with Anubis and here it is.

And lastly stats. Yes, stats aren't definitive proof that someone is or isn't cheating but they can be used to strengthen our other points, in this case, as it has always been with previous cheater experiences we'd follow a routine. We would investigate his experiences, record as much material as we could and then compare it once we contact the guy, unless of course we are 100% sure that the guy cheats, like we did the youtube video guy I've posted before. So I've went ahead and I've made a table. I'll merge Anubis results and compare them to the results of the best first 4 archers I could find at the time of me writing this, which are, Menethil, Sparta, Lagstro and Elendir (the last one is a renown archer from the Mercs community) and as Lagstro doesn't play Mercenaries I've added Rainbow's stats for the parts where Lagstro himself can't add because we dont have data about it. And this is what I got.

DISCLAIMER: Just in case you ask I've merged the data I had from both EU1 and EU2 (battle and siege respectively) his K/Ds and results where considerably better in Siege (as expected from an archer) and that's why in some cases the Kills and Deaths along with the K/Ds may not match up.

Now, and like I previously mentioned from the very same day (31th of March) he was TOLD that he was being investigated and under vigilance he became overall less effective in ALL aspects. He now had very similar stats as other really good archers which supports the idea that up until that moment he had been using Aimbot.

4.- And lastly, recreation. He was asked to provide all counter proof he could. To which he only sent a video of about 20-30ish minutes. I do believe that the language barrier was the problem here and he didn't understood when I asked about multiple things but when he was explicity asked several times to provide ALL he could to replicate it and he only sents one thing (a quick response, yeah) but still one thing it doesn't gives him the best image. Now the important part here and what we looked was if he was able to replicate what he had been doing. To see his 1st person POV of those flick shots and overall see how effective he was, he said he had a potato pc (yet he had 100-130 fps in the whole recording) but still may have affected it but we were looking at playstyle, not that because he missed 1 shot he'd  aimbottink!1!. To our surprise we did see some sort of "similar-ish" behaviour but not only looked a bit forced but things he was able to hit before with ease now he was constantly missing. He would normally shoot extremely quickly but now was taking considerably longer, he'd risk shots a lot more (presumably because he knew the aimbot would do the work) and get way closer to shoot yet we didn't see anything like that. Longer shots that he'd previously hit now weren't there. Snapping wasn't present (thing that we did see from our spectating sessions) and his flickshots were far from perfect. The scarce twitching from time to time was now COMPLETELY GONE.  This is the equivalent of having a suspect of murder with his fingerprints in the body, blood in his clothes the same type of knife in his kitchen and a photograph of the guy coming outside the victims house. Don't get me wrong, the video he recorded was pretty good for the most part but nothing like we had seen, and that's why he was banned.

Greed, like it or not, the data doesn't help, proof that you continously counter-argue with things that make absolutely no sense is more than valid enough and most of the things don't match-up (and don't get me wrong) if you REALLY want, I can go frame by frame explaining why and what to look at and counter argue what you said (even though I pretty much already did in point 3) but I feel that a community ban of a year-ish might help him reconsider what he did, just as we did in the past with Arni.

PS: I know that speaking with "X" and not fully disclosing names is a bit edgy, and I know that a simple search will show these individuals and pages but at least it won't be me the one revealing them, I hope everyone understands and does the same.

Top 10 Anime fanfics.

SirAlecks said:

This is CV material.

Yall need Jesus

Kazupa said:
DarkLight said:
The Trial of MB:Warband

Judge: Cpt Lust.
Accused: Arni
Attonery general: Lagstro
Defense attorney: SirAlecks
Jury: Community

Who would win?
Cpt Lust will release bannerlord, and will win.

hold up

The Trial of MB:Warband

Judge: Cpt Lust.
Accused: Kazupa
Attonery general: Lagstro
Defense attorney: SirAlecks
Jury: Community

we done?

I'm very happy that Deacon and others have worked hard to try and implement some from of anti-cheat to the game. However, I do think it's odd that the tournament is now implementing this after sign-ups have ended, effectively changing the terms teams have already signed up to. I suppose it doesn't matter too much if it means we can have a clean tournament.

My biggest issue is:

๖Kern said:
• With accepting these rules, you are giving the authorized person/people a permission to see, review and manipulate with the MOSS files created on your computer. Concurrently, you are guaranteed that no harmful information from the MOSS files will be intentionally released to the public.

Authorized people (for reviewing): -

I hope a finalized list of authorized people is provided before teams are expected to agree.

Kiano said:
I'm very happy that Deacon and others have worked hard to try and implement some from of anti-cheat to the game. However, I do think it's odd that the tournament is now implementing this after sign-ups have ended, effectively changing the terms teams have already signed up to. I suppose it doesn't matter too much if it means we can have a clean tournament.

My biggest issue is:

๖Kern said:
• With accepting these rules, you are giving the authorized person/people a permission to see, review and manipulate with the MOSS files created on your computer. Concurrently, you are guaranteed that no harmful information from the MOSS files will be intentionally released to the public.

Authorized people (for reviewing): -

I hope a finalized list of authorized people is provided before teams are expected to agree.

I am aware of this issue, sadly I can't contact anyone concerning this yet, I'll lock the thread until then.

๖Kern said:
bf1985701f917ab8cc5e398acb68e692.gif
"kek"
I always coming into a rage because of noobs with auto-block from Mercenaries, especially when they are playing on Native servers and nobody ban them. It is easy to detect, because they blocks like a pro and moving like a handicapped.

Now just look at this archer-noobs, who have the same cheat with auto-aiming, but even can't hit the enemy. This is just few minutes of my playing this mod full of cheaters after the long time of stop, and I already don't want to continue.

If I were really interested in Mercenaries, maybe I will check the players, who joining Native tournaments, playing this mod in parallel, but actually I don't know how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom