[WBL] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I answered.
2468605b76.png

None of the cavs he was aiming for died. He switched to aim for a horse standing still, and the gif doesnt show wether or not he even hit the target... Every archer in the world would stop tracking a cav at a long distance to shoot a standstill target.
If everyone who hasnt been recording their gameplay before they get accused are suspicious then most players are doomed.

I have to shake my mouse to wake it up because it looses connection. Laggy camera movement cant be used as proof of anything either. Was he asked if he could re create it?

Simply moving your mouse doesnt mean lock-on, hes shooting at medium range from above, and the gif again doesnt show him releasing his arrows so we dont even know if they hit anything.

Greedalicious said:
I answered.
2468605b76.png

None of the cavs he was aiming for died. He switched to aim for a horse standing still, and the gif doesnt show wether or not he even hit the target... Every archer in the world would stop tracking a cav at a long distance to shoot a standstill target.
If everyone who hasnt been recording their gameplay before they get accused are suspicious then most players are doomed.

I have to shake my mouse to wake it up because it looses connection. Laggy camera movement cant be used as proof of anything either. Was he asked if he could re create it?

Simply moving your mouse doesnt mean lock-on, hes shooting at medium range from above, and the gif again doesnt show him releasing his arrows so we dont even know if they hit anything.

That message didn't show up for me. Sorry about that.

These aren't just "simple" mouse movements, these are literally perfect flicks, these happen from time to time, people could probably count the number of times they achieved such flick shots on their 2 hands.

I think we could argue forever here and we still won't see the end of the discussion. As I said, Anubis is banned unless we accept the offer we had been given with anti-cheat.

? Rey said:
Why wouldn’t you allow Anubis record 3-4 sets of each match? I do not see any harm in him playing if he can provide you with full recording of his gameplay.

Just make it sctrict: Any video editing, failure to upload recordings in timely manner will result in a full time ban.

Just give a man way to actually show that he might not be as guilty as people think he is. Nothing wrong with giving a chance while being extra careful

Yes, give him a chance. He's not a cheater, omfg.

๖Kern said:
The only thing that would lift the suspension would be implementing a client sided anti-cheat that would help with detecting 3rd party software, this thing is actually doable but it will probably be widely undesirable.

what makes you think that?

OurGloriousLeader said:
๖Kern said:
The only thing that would lift the suspension would be implementing a client sided anti-cheat that would help with detecting 3rd party software, this thing is actually doable but it will probably be widely undesirable.

There have been proposals to do that kind of thing before, I believe Azan came up with the idea..? Not sure. People didn't like the idea of downloading the anticheat and running it while playing the match.

Which still gave 4 days to contact me. But fine
They are simple mouse movements just watch the videos of him recording. He was watched  for 2 weeks where he played over 100 hours of warband, and all they have is a couple of gifs which dont show anything conclusive. There are no shots in the gifs, people make flick shots constantly and some hit some miss.
Its not a matter of opinion whether he cheats or not, one is right and one is wrong. He should be given the same right to prove himself the way maxi has. But sure your tournament, this is a mistake.

๖Kern said:
There have been proposals to do that kind of thing before, I believe Azan came up with the idea..? Not sure. People didn't like the idea of downloading the anticheat and running it while playing the match.

So long as it doesn't hinder performance significantly and is only collecting data regarding the game, don't see why it shouldn't be used. Can only see one reason people wouldn't like it.

Better than forcing recordings and banning people based on personal judgements no matter how informed.

๖Kern said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
๖Kern said:

People didn't like the idea of downloading the anticheat and running it while playing the match.

How awful of those "people" to not like the anti-cheat provided. Perhaps they were cheating all this time, huh, really makes you think 
390548724352417803.png

Greedalicious said:
Which still gave 4 days to contact me. But fine
They are simple mouse movements just watch the videos of him recording. He was watched  for 2 weeks where he played over 100 hours of warband, and all they have is a couple of gifs which dont show anything conclusive. There are no shots in the gifs, people make flick shots constantly and some hit some miss.
Its not a matter of opinion whether he cheats or not, one is right and one is wrong. He should be given the same right to prove himself the way maxi has. But sure your tournament, this is a mistake.

1. So he turns on his recording and doesn't make flick shots anymore. Who can check he didn't just turn it off and continued playing without aimbot?

2. Maxi's "chance to prove himself" was a proper meme and should only be used as a precedent in meme tourneys.

Claiming Anubis isn't using aim assist in those gifs is dumb and you should feel bad.

Just implement the cheat engine, if possible, and get some people to translate it to French, Turkish, Russian or any other language with people that are stereotyped as bad in English.

1.Every archer makes flick shots.Point out to me which flick shot he does which you dont think is possible.
Nobody can check that, thats why he has to record every set he plays. The shots he does while recording are solid, I havent seen him pull off any insane shots that would indicate an auto aim(before and after), and again, in the "evidence" he doesnt even shoot. Still havent seen the auto aim that supposedly acts this way. Been about a week now.
2. Lets say Anubis or maxi was autoaiming theres no possible way for them to do so if they record their gameplay. If after the tournament you're not convinced then the admins of the next tournament should enforce the same "must record gameplay" rule. Do this until you're convinced, you lose nothing on doing that.
3. What a solid argument, cant argue with that!
4. 100 % in favour of that.

@shema yeah because after 8 years of playing THIS is the tournament I'd recruit a cheater for.... Chances are high we'll be knocked out the first week, if not then defnitly the second, we dont play much anymore and we recruit based on personality not skill. You should be incredibly lucky AE has a different policy.

Anyway i'm not gonna argue anymore people have made their decision and nothing will change.
Yet, we can see a nice lock-on and then, when Anchor dies, Anubis INSTANTLY flicks to the left to another guy. It's a perfect, straight and instant flick to the left.
bf1985701f917ab8cc5e398acb68e692.gif
I think that accurately shows the situation. The thought process behind his targetting makes complete sense, he targets a standstill target (easy target) and not a single person in that gif died. There are 4 targets on the screen, all of them cavalry. Also isnt Hero_of_ferelden anchors inf? Oh and NONE OF THEM DIED.

Enjoy the witchhunt, I'm outie.

Greedalicious said:
Enjoy the witchhunt, I'm outie.

0Ee3lTD.png

TFW you never witchhunt

This is exactly the problem with relying on personal judgements with regard to banning people. Right now we have some dubious gifs that look dodgy banning one person, nothing regarding Quake, and Maximou who was found on a cheater forum only being forced to record.

I'm not saying any or none of the above are cheating, just that it's about consistency and how people are "caught". If I go on IG the next week and record people, am I going to be able to report a few others and get them banned if I catch some dodgy looking moves?

Previous tournaments have run on the idea that you need absolutely certain evidence before banning. This has probably let a few people off. Now we see the opposite problem where it's not clear at all what the criteria is for banning. Also, I'm pretty sure if Quake or Anubis were old players, neither would be getting this treatment. (again, they might be cheating might not)

let's have everyone livestreaming a third person point of view showing their hands and the gameplay in 4k solution without any instagram filters on them.
Then lets record the sound on vinyl and have it signed by the representative heads of state.

Then noone should be able to cheat no longer

Yoru said:
let's have everyone livestreaming a third person point of view showing their hands and the gameplay in 4k solution without any instagram filters on them.
Then lets record the sound on vinyl and have it signed by the representative heads of state.

Then noone should be able to cheat no longer

I am afraid that recording a match will have to be enough.

Back
Top Bottom