[WBL] MOSS Anti-cheat

Users who are viewing this thread

HKP said:
you're free to code something better than this instead of crying all the time

Oh that's easy, I'll code a blank program and pretend it does all these cool things to prank losers like you. Cheaters won't sign up because my blank program will seem like it is some super FBI cool stuff.

I am just going to compare it to PBS which has the exact same problem with some users.

You could get black screens when
- You have certain applications active/ Overlays
- You have outdated GPU drivers
- Your game plays @ windowed mode (possibly)
- You use hacks (to block)
- Alt tabbing out & in
- Multiple monitors

Note that I am not saying any of these are confirmed, more so plausible causes.

Here is what I did not understand; are you saying that we have to use it ? or only the ppl who asked you to must use that ? like in here "The MOSS shall be used by randomly chosen people and people accused of cheating."

Freyja said:
Here is what I did not understand; are you saying that we have to use it ? or only the ppl who asked you to must use that ? like in here "The MOSS shall be used by randomly chosen people and people accused of cheating."

I've no idea if this will be the case, but I'd expect atleast 1 player from every team will have to use MOSS.

It would only make sense to use MOSS, if every player has to use it for all official matches that are in a tournament that demands MOSS.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Freyja said:

I've no idea if this will be the case, but I'd expect atleast 1 player from every team will have to use MOSS.

Ideally. Up to admins.

MaHuD said:
It would only make sense to use MOSS, if every player has to use it for all official matches that are in a tournament that demands MOSS.
But even in the forums, there is lots of complaints. Ciiges already said that, but the only thing that makes sense is that the suspects use it. I don't think anybody will oppose this.

just having select few suspicious people use moss does not prevent other people from cheating. i think the point with anti cheat is for fair competetive warband games, just forcing it on couple people is hardly fair.

Sup fam

No idea if these suggestions have been said already and maybe they're :poop:, but if MOSS would be implemented I'd suggest the following:

1. Don't have 3/4 of the people reviewing the info in the same team/clan/friendship group. I've obviously nothing against AE and they step up a lot for tournaments etc, but I don't think when handling stuff like this you should have all of them being good friends. I'm sure they wouldn't share personal info etc but the possibility is there when they're such a tight nit group. Of course this goes for anyone in a similar position.

2. The people reviewing it don't have the be the guys who always host tournaments. I understand these are the people who are usually those who step up and know a lot about warband, but for instance while I love OGL I don't think he's a good choice when half the community don't like him much (lmao) as regardless of his asset it doesn't inspire trust. I think you'll need a selection of people from around the community who are trusted not to gossip, well-liked and from seperate areas. I don't really know how you'd go about this, but people such as Rome, ChatNoir, Volcom, Oliveran or Erminas would be -my- picks, people who have done things in the community but are also not in the same friendship circle as well as being trusted enough. Of course, those would be my options but it's likely different for others, so I don't know how you'd go about it and I've no idea who's even interested in doing it including the people I mentioned.

3. Anyway, to me, this is my most important suggestion
To protect information I'd suggest assigning teams to the individuals reviewing the screenshots. So if you have 4 reviewers in a tournament of 16 they take 4 teams each, so if a screenshot was leaked we'd know who it was.
To protect against bias I think maybe having someone at the top of the reviewers, such as Aeronwen, to look through all of them and/or not releasing the information on who is assigned to what teams (with the possibility of them switching every so often).

I get that some of this seems a bit 'over the top' for a small community, but when dealing with personal information it's probably best to make it as secure as possible, regardless of how sensitive it is. I think having more of stuff like this in place would inspire more confidence in MOSS for those who are doubtful.

anyway I don't pretend to have answers and it might be **** but there's my input, sry for bad english I know im from england but yeah

It does provide a better degree of accountability though, whether people want that responsibility or not is another thing though. Really like your suggestions though, pepper!

Fietta said:
Everything you said was fantastic, however, this doesn't protect information, this just turns it into a blame game. I really like your picks for reviewers though, I agree completely.
It's protection in the sense of 'it's less likely the person would share it', rather then protection itself. It won't be a blame game if only 1 or 2 people have access to the screenshot, although I guess there's always the possibility of someone sharing their own screenshot.

Pepper said:
1. Don't have 3/4 of the people reviewing the info in the same team/clan/friendship group. I've obviously nothing against AE and they step up a lot for tournaments etc, but I don't think when handling stuff like this you should have all of them being good friends. I'm sure they wouldn't share personal info etc but the possibility is there when they're such a tight nit group. Of course this goes for anyone in a similar position.

Agree.

Pepper said:
2. The people reviewing it don't have the be the guys who always host tournaments. I understand these are the people who are usually those who step up and know a lot about warband, but for instance while I love OGL I don't think he's a good choice when half the community don't like him much (lmao) as regardless of his asset it doesn't inspire trust. I think you'll need a selection of people from around the community who are trusted not to gossip, well-liked and from seperate areas. I don't really know how you'd go about this, but people such as Rome, ChatNoir, Volcom, Oliveran or Erminas would be -my- picks, people who have done things in the community but are also not in the same friendship circle as well as being trusted enough. Of course, those would be my options but it's likely different for others, so I don't know how you'd go about it and I've no idea who's even interested in doing it including the people I mentioned.

Agree, but thought I'd point out Oliveran said he doesn't want to use MOSS for some reason.
Also people need to step up if they want to offer taking care of reviewing as so far AE players have proposed the initial idea and were willing to go through with it. Nobody else has stepped up yet.
These players weren't planning on participating in the tournament either but simply wanted to be a separate team to review and catch cheaters.

Back
Top Bottom