SP Native [WB] Zendar Project (Mod that restores/recreates content from the old versions of Mount and Blade)

Would you guys be interessed in a mod that restores/recreates old and removed content to warband

• Yes I would love to see X (item, textures, troop, quest etc) restored.

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • Meh I don't really care maybe i'll try it maybe not

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No cut content doesn't appeal me that much, and after all it was removed for a reason

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

DeletedUser

I have been lurking the old modules and versions of mount and blade (warrider, v.632 etc..) and I cant stop thinking how some things would make the game fell more alive, how some of them shouldnt have been cut.
Stuff like dark riders (a group of bandit capable of being a treat not only to a high level party but as well to the lords of the kingdoms) . The old town of zendar and the river pirate hunting (a good way to start an early game in my opinion).
And other obscure and most forgetten stuff like a quest to arm rebel vaegir peasents to disrupt the vaegir campaing, and a swadian noble that would disrupted this idea because of is hatred for peasnt oposing the nobles. A quest to rescue a shaman from cannibals(peasents turned hungy men eating flesh bandits on their way to became ghouls) and bring him to a refuge camp where he would cure you and your troops.
Or just missing some textures and asthetics like the old warhorses texture from mount and blade and heraldic shields.

So I have been making a list of ideas and thing that I would like to restore to the game but I would like to know yor opinion guys Is it realy worth to make this mod or shoul I keep it simple and for personal use only, or is some of this old content just to wacky to feat in mount and blade.

- Ill leave the ideas here :

1 - Restore old locations like Zendar, four ways inn, salt mine, serrapa and make them functional again
2 - Restore old bandits and parties like vagabonds, antler knights. black khergit, dark riders, inquisicion, ghouls etc...
3 - Import some old textures from mount and blade and make them separated items (exmpl old plate armor/war horses and some noble banners and old shields)
4 - Some removed armors like the black armor and other removed items.
5 - Restore some old quests (arming the vaegir peasnt rebels,find the grave diggers and punish them)
6 - Some abandoned concepts like Akhad Thell and the undead, Ecatha and the ghouls.

*Small edit note im talking of warband and restore/recreate such features to warband.

Last edited:
Some of the features, like the ghouls, were probably dropped when Armagan decided not to make M&B a (high) fantasy game, and I'm still a little skeptical about how they would fit into WB without a more fantastical feel overall. Some of the other ideas, though, like the arming peasants quest, Zendar, and such I would be happy to see brought back.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and, most importantly, have fun  :party:

You could start with this as a base:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,361245.0.html

It already adds some of the old content (specifically stuff that remained in Warband's code, not ancient M&B versions) like Zendar, Salt Mine, etc, as well as making the module system easier to use.

Good luck anyways :smile:

Roccoflipside said:
Some of the features, like the ghouls, were probably dropped when Armagan decided not to make M&B a (high) fantasy game, and I'm still a little skeptical about how they would fit into WB without a more fantastical feel overall. Some of the other ideas, though, like the arming peasants quest, Zendar, and such I would be happy to see brought back.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and, most importantly, have fun  :party:

True I have been struggling to think of a way to incorporate ghouls and undead in the game, even when its for personal use it always feel strange when a bunch of undead knights apear out of nowhere like common bandits. If feels kinda anti-climatic.
But thanks for your reply ! And for now im having funn but I know once I star getting errors ill wish I was drowing in butter and dying.

Ruthven said:
You could start with this as a base:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,361245.0.html

It already adds some of the old content (specifically stuff that remained in Warband's code, not ancient M&B versions) like Zendar, Salt Mine, etc, as well as making the module system easier to use.

Good luck anyways :smile:

Thank you so much ! Already checked it and it realy helped !

Corbul said:
Vizsla said:
1 - Restore old locations like (...) serrapa (...)
2 - Restore old bandits and parties like vagabonds, antler knights (...) inquisicion (...)
Wut? I've never heard of these! :shock:

A lot of them are from warrider one of the first versions of MB

Vizsla said:
Yes, i've played some Warrider, and saw Serrapa and the vagabonds, though i've not yet met the antler knights and inquisition. Warrider was never finished, i'm not sure i'll ever reach the quest when they're supposed to spawn :'(
Anyway, how's progress?

Corbul said:
Vizsla said:
Yes, i've played some Warrider, and saw Serrapa and the vagabonds, though i've not yet met the antler knights and inquisition. Warrider was never finished, i'm not sure i'll ever reach the quest when they're supposed to spawn :'(
Anyway, how's progress?

I'm doing some research on the old versions, I already restored the antler knights but they just look like a group of random mercs. I still haven’t found any quest/mention/event related to them.

I'm doing some research on the old versions, I already restored the antler knights but they just look like a group of random mercs. I still haven’t found any quest/mention/event related to them.

Hey, I'm interested in playing older versions like you mentioned, Warrider, 0.632 , etc. Would you know how to get them working on Windows 10? I have found these links, but they're very old and will not launch on my computer: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/mount-blade-old-versions.30480/
I'm interested in the early versions although I never played them, and would love to know the original story, even if unfinished! I noticed that the mod "Light & Darkness: Heroes of Calradia" has a lot of ancient names and locations, like Constable Hareck and Zendar, would you know just how faithful to the original story this mod is?
Thank you!

How is it coming along Vizsla?
The easy parts like restoring River Pirates, black khergit, antler knights, black armor are done.
The hard ones like re enabling zendar in a playabel way and some older quests are taking theyr toll on me. Im still Learning from the guides and doing this on a part time for fun.
But I hope one day I will release it in a significant way and not just a bunch of small rags.

Hey, I'm interested in playing older versions like you mentioned, Warrider, 0.632 , etc. Would you know how to get them working on Windows 10? I have found these links, but they're very old and will not launch on my computer: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/mount-blade-old-versions.30480/
I'm interested in the early versions although I never played them, and would love to know the original story, even if unfinished! I noticed that the mod "Light & Darkness: Heroes of Calradia" has a lot of ancient names and locations, like Constable Hareck and Zendar, would you know just how faithful to the original story this mod is?
Thank you!
I will PM you back

Update on Black Khergit :

Done :
Fully restored them and their dialogue (including the god old voice sound... this part is quite simple I know but I must start somewhere :razz:)
To do : Add them as option to quick battle (already created a dismounted version of them reserved only to quick battle only)
Possibilities in the future : Include them in random bandit quests or bandit infestations on some villages.
Create a start option to start as a black khergit horseman.
Maybe a way to join them or other groups of outlaws.

20200307153015-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is great! I think this mod would look great by having more posts on the same vein as this one.

About the Black Khergits, there are horsemen and guards. Maybe you could make a hero commanding them (some kind of Khan) and give him a couple cronies commanding black khergit parties, and string that up with a quest to erradicate them (maybe with lootable "camps" working on the same way as bandit camps). Something as simple as defeat their army and destroy their "camps"

In my opinion, they are way too powerful, equipment wise, to be dealt with at early game, and at mid-late game their small number (if you give them scaling numbers similar to the other bandits) makes them an easy way to farm good gear and money.

If you just make them big parties since the game start, they might easily disrupt the entire Khanate. Big parties of well armed bandits can destroy caravans, peasants and even go toe-to-toe against lords. This would kill the economy of the Khanate, as well as disrupt their campaigns by defeating lords who would normally patrol the kingdom or join the marshal.

It is very easy to disrupt Warband's balance (which is already paper thin, since Swadia is frequently stomped). You could thinker with other solutions, as making other bandits hostile to them, or making other presumably powerful parties (as Dark Hunters, Dark Knights and the undead) hostile to then.

Speaking of other parties, it would be cool to see the Antler Knights. How did you code then? I was thinking a mercenary camp, similar to the ones Seek and Destroy created on his OSP codes would be cool.

This is great! I think this mod would look great by having more posts on the same vein as this one.

I am making the mod from scratch after several trys and errors (and formatting my laptop) thats why I never made updates before.

In my opinion, they are way too powerful, equipment wise, to be dealt with at early game, and at mid-late game their small number (if you give them scaling numbers similar to the other bandits) makes them an easy way to farm good gear and money.

For now they are limited to a max number of 12 parties being divided in 2 diferent zones (6 partie for each zone). I´m also planning to restore the patrols, raiders, foragers and warbands of each faction that will help control the bandit population.

If you just make them big parties since the game start, they might easily disrupt the entire Khanate. Big parties of well armed bandits can destroy caravans, peasants and even go toe-to-toe against lords. This would kill the economy of the Khanate, as well as disrupt their campaigns by defeating lords who would normally patrol the kingdom or join the marshal.

In the last version they appeard (MB. 808 their partie numbers were :
[(trp_black_khergit_guard,1,10),(trp_black_khergit_horseman,5,5)]),
Wich in my opinnion are really small numbers, even for "elite" bandits like them...
In the 704 version their numbers were instead :
[(trp_black_khergit_horseman,8,45)]
This was before the khergit black guards were added.
So I decided to go with a midle ground :
[(trp_black_khergit_guard,1,20),(trp_black_khergit_horseman,5,25)]

Speaking of other parties, it would be cool to see the Antler Knights. How did you code then? I was thinking a mercenary camp, similar to the ones Seek and Destroy created on his OSP codes would be cool.

Unfortunly the only thing left from them was the faction and the units and their equipment so to test them I enabled them as roaming parties, they probably will be one of the last groups that I will work on. Im still scaveging in the forums fom any tip or clue on them to help me figure out what to do with them.

(Sorry for any grammar mistake, etc.. english is not my native language)

Last edited:
Thank you!
I'd like to know that as well. I'm restoring some old M&B lore in my mod too so I'd be cool to actually experience the events in the old M&B first to know how they look. Any solutions to play it on win10?

another great idea that f*cking died off as usual in mount n blade modding scene

if you guys aren't gonna continue on the work best is to just post the files for maybe someone else to finish it but nah you won't do that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom