SP Native [WB](WIP) Warband Improved

Users who are viewing this thread

I've made some changes to my items... Arabic shields textures now have 3-4 times higher resolution, one new Arabic shield and one steel kite shield for western style troops...

mb4wc.jpg

mb3s.jpg

mb1s.jpg

mb1rj.jpg

All 15 items packed. Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/402692270/Njunja_items.rar.html

Old link has been updated as well.

Very sexy looking. Also, as a suggestion for the female troop tree, (assuming you're keeping around Sword Sisters)....

Peasant Woman---->Camp Follower---->Huntress---->Camp Defender---->Sword Sister
                                                                                ---->Camp Markswoman(strongbow)---->Bowmaiden(warbow)(archery about 240)

Just for a bit of fun. Nothing new to recruit them so they remain rare, and no helmets so they don't become ubertroops...

And give Sword Sisters better plate...
mb23p.jpg

mb19.png

Njunja said:
I love it! But since you "ordered" :wink: us to give reviews... I have one suggestion and one question:

Question: Why are there two troops with the same name in different tree branches?

I suggest you kick the first Khergit Javelineer out.

The idea was that the Javelineer was a medium cavalry anti-horse option at the end of both trees.

Heavy Cavalry - Lancer
                              /            \
Nomad - Horseman              Javelineer
                              \            /
                            Light Cavalry - Horse Archer

If I take it away, I'm not sure which one it should be an option for. I might just make them heavier cavalry with a "guarantee ranged" flag and some jarids with a good horse archery and power throw. That way I'd just leave it an option for the Heavy Cavalry upgrade. Of course, they would be really scary on some coursers, kiting around the heavier cav of the other factions while pelting them with javs... any thoughts?

Njunja said:
Suggestion: I prefer Master Archer over Marksman, only when it comes to Sarranids. Sounds better to me.

There were two suggestions and one question actually.  :smile:

The rest of the tree(99%) is excellent.  Great work, this is definitely gonna give the game a new dimension.

Alright, no problem. If you see any more names that would be better changed to something else, let me know. The good thing about name changes is that I can do it anytime :grin:.

CounterPoint391 said:
Very sexy looking. Also, as a suggestion for the female troop tree, (assuming you're keeping around Sword Sisters)....

Peasant Woman---->Camp Follower---->Huntress---->Camp Defender---->Sword Sister
                                                                                ---->Camp Markswoman(strongbow)---->Bowmaiden(warbow)(archery about 240)

Just for a bit of fun. Nothing new to recruit them so they remain rare, and no helmets so they don't become ubertroops...

And give Sword Sisters better plate...
mb23p.jpg

mb19.png

I'm loving it, and I've been looking forward to getting that plate on em since I saw your post in Narf's thread :smile:.

On a similar note... Do you guys have any suggestions for the other bandit/independant trees? I also thought about doing a different tree for the farmer/townsman trees. Seems wierd that they become mercs who charge you a ridiculous upkeep cost after you rescue them from some bandits. I'm thinking along the lines of the female tree but for men. Loyal followers instead of mercs. As for the bandits, I don't really like how they upgrade into basic recruits in Warband. I thought about an upgrade split for each bandit type. Maybe something like this...

Freeman...
                    /
Forest Bandit
                    \
                      Forest Bandit line...

or this...

Mercenary Footman...
          /
Looter
          \
          Bandit...

What do you think of those?
Njunja said:
I've made some changes to my items... Arabic shields textures now have 3-4 times higher resolution, one new Arabic shield and one steel kite shield for western style troops...

mb4wc.jpg

mb3s.jpg

mb1s.jpg

mb1rj.jpg

All 15 items packed. Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/402692270/Njunja_items.rar.html

Old link has been updated as well.

Dude, those shields look even more badass. I think I'm gonna start working on the Sarranid troop line first just to show them off :smile:. Thanks Njunja!

For bandit trees,

forest bandit---->forest marksman---->Brethren of the Woods

Definitely would need some hoods with facemasks though....

that's all I can think of for now...

CounterPoint391 said:
For bandit trees,

forest bandit---->forest marksman---->Brethren of the Woods

Definitely would need some hoods with facemasks though....

that's all I can think of for now...

Hmm... I don't recall seeing any of those anywhere. The facemasks I mean. That would look awesome though. But yeah, that tree is just one example of how to  make the bandits into more interesting enemies.  I'm thinking maybe this for the tree...

Forest Marksman - Brethren of the Woods
                    /
Forest Bandit
                    \
                      Free Company Archer - Free Company Longbowman

Basically it would be a shorter trip to the end of the Freeman merc archer line but you would have to recruit your prisoners and take a morale hit with a chance that they would run away. I think it sounds balanced.

Hey Njunja, I'm thinking of doing the Royal Mamlukes and Emirs in the brass motif that you've got me into. Something like this...

mb9g.jpg

I was wondering if you'd do me a favor though. Can you brassin' (is that a word :razz:) up some more armor to go with the theme? Maybe the lamellar and scale gauntlets in a brass color and some of the chain boots and armors in brass. Definitely some helms with it as well and possibly the Mamluke armor in brass. I'm thinking of doing the horse in the picture in a black variant (the horse itself) and making several variants of the red decoration on the horse with other colors. What do you think?

Well, hooded facemasks would have to be modeled....I have an osp facescarf which I could combine with a hood. Only problem is, I'd need someone to UVmap it.... If you like the idea and if Njunja would UVmap it, we might have something. I haven't gotten good with uvmapping yet....

Sword Sisters kitted like this maybe?
mb36.jpg

Eventually I would like to give them horses with partial barding....WIP
screenshot6252010115840.png

screenshot624201075103p.png

CounterPoint391 said:
Well, hooded facemasks would have to be modeled....I have an osp facescarf which I could combine with a hood. Only problem is, I'd need someone to UVmap it.... If you like the idea and if Njunja would UVmap it, we might have something. I haven't gotten good with uvmapping yet....

Sword Sisters kitted like this maybe?
mb36.jpg

Eventually I would like to give them horses with partial barding....WIP
screenshot6252010115840.png

screenshot624201075103p.png

I like that idea for the Sword Sisters. I like the idea of a faster, slightly armored horse for them. Can't wait to see how you work that out :grin:

Hey Njunja, I'm thinking of doing the Royal Mamlukes and Emirs in the brass motif that you've got me into. Something like this...

mb9g.jpg

I like it.

I was wondering if you'd do me a favor though. Can you brassin' (is that a word :razz:) up some more armor to go with the theme? Maybe the lamellar and scale gauntlets in a brass color and some of the chain boots and armors in brass. Definitely some helms with it as well and possibly the Mamluke armor in brass. I'm thinking of doing the horse in the picture in a black variant (the horse itself) and making several variants of the red decoration on the horse with other colors. What do you think?

Of course I can brassin' (english isn't my native language, maybe it is a word  :grin:)  up more items. There is one small problem though... I tried working on Mamluke armor like 2 months ago but it seems that sarranid_armors.brf is corrupt. Whenever I try opening it (I use OpenBRF) - it crashes. Maybe you can try opening it and if yours is OK - mail it to me.

Well, hooded facemasks would have to be modeled....I have an osp facescarf which I could combine with a hood. Only problem is, I'd need someone to UVmap it.... If you like the idea and if Njunja would UVmap it, we might have something. I haven't gotten good with uvmapping yet...

You can mail the mesh to me or post a link. I'll do my best uvmapping it.

I was wondering... do you have any models of armored horses with that kind of neck and head armor on them? I could use those with my armored horse textures. They would look much better.

this is looking great guys! Cant wait to able to test it >_<!
srr...i cant help with anything other than honest feed-back  :twisted:

I have "brassined up" some items... There are 31 items now, total. Several variations of Arabic helmets, brass armors, warhorses, boots, gloves to go with the theme.

Some pics:

mb2e.jpg

mb8h.jpg

mb7p.jpg

mb5pf.jpg

mb3e.jpg

And here's the link:

Njunja_31_items

Some of the old items have been slightly modified... you will have to overwrite Njunja_items.brf with this one, all previous texture files and the lines in item_kinds1.txt... and of course, "load_mod_resource = Njunja_31_items" in module.ini.
Tell me what you think of these changes and if you have some other requests or problems with these items, please let me know.

I have to watch England vs Germany now... this is a big clash.  :shock:

Njunja said:

I have "brassined up" some items... There are 31 items now, total. Several variations of Arabic helmets, brass armors, warhorses, boots, gloves to go with the theme.

Some of the old items have been slightly modified... you will have to overwrite Njunja_items.brf with this one, all previous texture files and the lines in item_kinds1.txt... and of course, "load_mod_resource = Njunja_31_items" in module.ini.
Tell me what you think of these changes and if you have some other requests or problems with these items, please let me know.

I have to watch England vs Germany now... this is a big clash.  :shock:

Thanks again Njunja :smile:.

The Sarranids are going to look very pretty in their new outfits.

I'm posting 2 pics of my latest horse textures: sarranid variants in brass and steel. These two are my favorites so far.

mb4o.jpg

mb9p.jpg

I decided not to update and upload my pack until I add at least 3-4 more items, I'll upload sooner only on your request, guys.

Njunja said:
I'm posting 2 pics of my latest horse textures: sarranid variants in brass and steel. These two are my favorites so far...

...I decided not to update and upload my pack until I add at least 3-4 more items, I'll upload sooner only on your request, guys.

Thanks for the pics Njunja. I can't wait to see those in-game. And here are some pics of more of your work. I hereby present to you, "Sarranid Royal Mamlukes"!

mb13m.jpg
mb12.jpg
mb11ii.jpg
mb10v.jpg

The troop trees are taking me awhile, but all I have to do now are stats and items. Defining the trees are already finished and stats should be too (for the most part), but items are taking me awhile. I have to check them out in-game after fooling with one or I will miss some things.

I'm going away tomorrow for a few days, guys. I won't have internet access so I won't be able to reply to your posts.

I've packed 38 items and uploaded, I believe this is it for now. I can add more on your request or if something interesting comes to my mind.

Link

Some pics:

mb10r.jpg

mb11m.jpg

I love this camel:  :grin:

mb6i.jpg

Looking forward seeing how goes the progress on "Warband Improved". See you  next week.

Live long and prosper.  :smile:

vulcanfoamhand.jpg

Back
Top Bottom