MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Warhammer 40k: Battle for the Imperium ALPHA v3 RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks guys!

I am texturing Krieg soldiers atm and I am developing more assets for maps as well. Kriegs have a priority of course but I'll get to towers next, meaning polishing the topo and creating inside architecture as well. I want fully functional and believable forts. I'll create damaged and destroyed iterations of towers as well. Also I have a concept for a lot more but as we have a limited team we cannot divide our attention into more and more avenues. It would completely destroy the mod. We want a polished experience with a few decent maps and WH40K feel all the way through the experience. We will be definitely releasing more stuff as it becomes available so stay tuned!

P.S. If you've got some art concerning structure, inside equipment and such concerning IG structures don't be shy and let us know. The more materials we have the better.

N.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNR9lr3tEs

If you want to see some IG designs, I believe the WH40k Space Marine game takes place on a human planet (Forge World?), and has quite a lot of IG buildings and designs.

It does indeed! I am a proud owner of this fabulous game and I take inspiration from it as well. But most of the assets are either damaged or destroyed in game and I can't remember a piece with a command building or similar piece would be sufficiently covered. Thanks anyway!

Hmm, yes, quite right, the place is quite beat up in the game.

How about the command center from Dawn of War?
IGhq.jpg

I think that with a few modifications it would work pretty well, but then again it might be a bit too large... I really dont know what kind of scale you're aiming for.

Oh, and I found this, has a load of WH40k buildings.
http://www.w40k-bunkers-buildings.com/

The thing about the "Capitol Imperialis" is that according to the lexicanum it rivals a titan in size(and we all know how big a titan is, even the small ones are huge), and i highly doubt having them as command centers would be a wise idea.

Comrade Temuzu said:

IGhq.jpg

I think that with a few modifications it would work pretty well, but then again it might be a bit too large... I really dont know what kind of scale you're aiming for.

Yeah that sort of stuff definitely helps and DOW1 and 2 are exemplary with the great WH40K design for IG. Also the link you presented will be helpful as I can clearly see the 3d design of the models.

The scale we're aiming for here is directly connected to map size which I believe is around 400x400m. So we can definitely include one or two bigger buildings but we need to be careful with the role they should play. We're aiming for a dynamic gameplay where both sword and bolt will have it's place so if we provide players with a massive heavily armored structure we must also provide players with tools to crack it open. And that's all about assets, mechanics, testing... So we'll play it safe at first and stay with maximum scale of this roughly:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440312a&prodId=prod20008a

Nunajs said:
Comrade Temuzu said:

IGhq.jpg

Yeah that sort of stuff definitely helps and DOW1 and 2 are exemplary with the great WH40K design for IG. Also the link you presented will be helpful as I can clearly see the 3d design of the models.

The scale we're aiming for here is directly connected to map size which I believe is around 400x400m. So we can definitely include one or two bigger buildings but we need to be careful with the role they should play. We're aiming for a dynamic gameplay where both sword and bolt will have it's place so if we provide players with a massive heavily armored structure we must also provide players with tools to crack it open. And that's all about assets, mechanics, testing... So we'll play it safe at first and stay with maximum scale of this roughly:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440312a&prodId=prod20008a
Why 400x400 though? I believe the max map size is 1000x1000 or a bit more.

And yes, I agree, the balance between firefights and melee should be about 50/50, on the other hand the IG prefers to not get too close, but on the other hand Chaos loves to do just that.

I think it would be easy to achieve by placing the two big buildings on both sides of the map, with trenches and other battlefield scenery like destroyed fortifications or warmachines in the middle. The no-mans land would be the place for most of the firefights, but could also be a place for melee if you manage to avoid the gunfire long enough, while the two large buildings would be the melee-centered areas.

Oh, and a question: The front page doesnt really have any backstory on it. Knowing the setting might help a little when scening, and in general.

There's no specific battlefield there at all, as well as there's no specific planet. It's good way to make different factions and really different events for mod, each with new backstory, all around the Imperium.

Hey guys, I am here with content update as promissed. Here come Kriegs.

KtFRB.jpg

This is a snapshot from my 3d package with only one normal map applied, also there are some AO artifacts only visible in viewport, not on actual textures so do not worry. Detailing of clothes and some other parts will be done tomorrow so part of the clothes and equipment may look a bit flat. Also the layout of textures allows for really easy change of color of the coat and other parts. This way we can easily create winter, khaki... you name it uniform.

P.S. - I cannot take any credit for actual model presented, I am doing textures for the models provided by the team. In this instance textures for Krieg soldiers.

N.

Nunajs said:
Hey guys, I am here with content update as promissed. Here come Kriegs.

KtFRB.jpg

This is a snapshot from my 3d package with only one normal map applied, also there are some AO artifacts only visible in viewport, not on actual textures so do not worry. Detailing of clothes and some other parts will be done tomorrow so part of the clothes and equipment may look a bit flat. Also the layout of textures allows for really easy change of color of the coat and other parts. This way we can easily create winter, khaki... you name it uniform.

P.S. - I cannot take any credit for actual model presented, I am doing textures for the models provided by the team. In this instance textures for Krieg soldiers.

N.

LOVE IT!!!!

Okay, here comes a little update.
As of now I am moving from front line troopers to engineers, which means I will be texturing more metalic parts and armor. As we currently have at least 5 different soldiers with different equipment this will take some time, by my estimation major stuff should be finished during the course of this week. Then I will be moving to field assets like towers, bunkers, etc.

One little progress update in the end shows clothes during detailing as well as some color variation WIP and one new piece of equipment. Enjoy.

AXisn.jpg

N.

Back
Top Bottom