MP Native [WB] WarbandCoop V0.1.0 *DEAD*

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello! Good luck with this mod. I hope you are still working on this, because if you will finish it, it will be the greatest mod for warband. I really mean it. Problem is, that almost nobody knows about this mod. You should contact other great modders. I am sure they would help you. Please finish this mod.

Yea that is true not many have probally seen this or maybe they have, hard to say. It is relatively new. I know that the author had a multiplayer idea like this in the past but had to abandon it due to those plans not being able to work. So yea im with you bud, I hope this does work!!

I have some questions: How it will be with game time, if one of the players will be shoping, walking in tavern, or talking with npcs? It will be stupid if the time will freeze, but if the time will continue it will be stupid too.
Anyway if you need any help i will help. I am not programmer, or editor, but if you need help with beta testing, I can help. This mod is only one thing what the Warband needs for being the best RPG game.

Sorry for my bad english languauge. :???:

Gerenyne said:
It will be stupid if the time will freeze, but if the time will continue it will be stupid too.

Well, half-right. If time froze then it would be disorienting and just miserable for one player. Especially if their friend is a jerk who purposely freezes them and takes forever to calculate prices, shop, and recruit troops. I'm that type of person  :razz:

But if time continued, then everybody still gets to play. I have a general idea of how quests/army recruitment would work. Would be hard to explain but is easy to show in a picture/video.
Imagine being in a castle, for a faction that your friend is against. If he laid siege, it would bring you out of whatever menu you're in to commence battle. As annoying as that sounds, it is realistic in the sense of everyone in the castle taking up arms.

This gamemode looks awesome. But the server client wont start :sad: Help

Error message: Port 80 is not free! Fail to initialize network layer!

streamlinex said:
This gamemode looks awesome. But the server client wont start :sad: Help

Error message: Port 80 is not free! Fail to initialize network layer!

It means that port is used by another application. Either choose a different port or figure out what program is using that particular port.

I SEE THE WORD DEAD
WHY DO I SEE THE WORD DEAD
NO PLEASE NO, i hope this dead means something else, taleworlds give co-op ! xD

nah just kidding, for what its all worth, what you have done was amazing, hopefully we'll see you in bannerlord modding?

There's no way these mods will ever work out with the current engine limitations. Whenever you see a co-op mod in the makings, just assume it won't be finished.

We'll see about it in Bannerlord.

Reus said:
There's no way these mods will ever work out with the current engine limitations. Whenever you see a co-op mod in the makings, just assume it won't be finished.

We'll see about it in Bannerlord.

Yes they could work with the current engine limitations. The keyword is 'time'. It is just too complicated to make it, because it is not like a normal multiplayer game... is much complex.
Normal multiplayer games have a server and multiple clients.
This coop mod requires a server for handling the open world map actions (main server) + one or multiple servers for handling the battles (which are handled by the main server) + clients (players; the clients needs to be passed around between the main server and the battle servers). The servers which handles the battles becomes clients for the server that handles the open world actions, so you have two types of clients for the main server: server clients and player clients.
Another solution would be to make a server that would handle everything, but it can't be done in warband because of it's limitations (+ it would require a massive server to handle a couple of battles simultaneously )
This is pretty hard to make normally; making it on top of warband's limitations makes it even harder, but not impossible.

The_dragon said:
Yes they could work with the current engine limitations. The keyword is 'time'. It is just too complicated to make it, because it is not like a normal multiplayer game... is much complex.
Normal multiplayer games have a server and multiple clients.
This coop mod requires a server for handling the open world map actions (main server) + one or multiple servers for handling the battles (which are handled by the main server) + clients (players; the clients needs to be passed around between the main server and the battle servers). The servers which handles the battles becomes clients for the server that handles the open world actions, so you have two types of clients for the main server: server clients and player clients.
Another solution would be to make a server that would handle everything, but it can't be done in warband because of it's limitations (+ it would require a massive server to handle a couple of battles simultaneously )
This is pretty hard to make normally; making it on top of warband's limitations makes it even harder, but not impossible.
Note, I never said it was impossible. I said there's no way these mods will ever work out, and that is mainly because people aren't willing to dedicate the insane amount of time and go through the many headaches that persist due to how complicated a mod it is to make. So far, a co-op mod has never been finished completely, and I don't expect it to happen in Warband because it is this hard to make, and some people just don't want to make something this hard.

Back
Top Bottom