B Medieval [WB] Warband: Total Realism, 1148 A.D. - (MAPPER needed)

How do you feel about the name of the mod?

• Its great and should stay the same.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Its not so great, but I don't mind it.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I don't like it, and here is my opinion (please post suggestions).

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I would like if it changed to 1148 - The Siege of Damascus

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Willhelm said:
Outlawed said:
Willhelm said:
I don't want to go through every single page, where is the progress of this mod?

Its on hold atm. Waiting for MBII

But i mean, where are the screenshots of whats been done so far.

We've done a couple of armors and some helmets. Most of our work has been research and code.

European, Islamic & Byzantine Arms and Armour in the Carved Column Capitals in the Cloister of Monreale Cathedral near Palermo in Sicily, 1174 to 1182 AD
attachment.php

Links to photos to accompany a pdf article by David Nicolle.
Knights fighting Infidels
European Infantry
European with knife
Negroid warriors with mace
Sleeping Soldiers at the Sepulchre
Infantry with Round-Ended Sword
Archer with Composite Recurve Bow
Killing a Serpent
Swordsmen

Let me know about any other relevant photos you know of.

MIRROR SITE:
European, Islamic & Byzantine Arms and Armour in the Carved Column Capitals in the Cloister of Monreale Cathedral near Palermo in Sicily, 1174 to 1182 AD

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Umar Abd al Azeez said:
Why u wait for MBII ?

I'm too lazy to learn to code Warband in its current stage.
Developers promised more friendly and legible code, so it means I could add more features, faster with less trouble and more efficiency.

Outlawed said:
Developers promised more friendly and legible code, so it means I could add more features, faster with less trouble and more efficiency.

I'm exactly in the same situation.

Al_Mansur said:
Outlawed said:

I'm exactly in the same situation.
Then all of us are in the same dilema.Finish the mods or wait for MB II. :?:

Illustrations of Fatimid Costume & Soldiers, 10th-12th Centuries
attachment.php

Fatimid Soldiers and Hunters
Fatimid Musicians, Dancers & Revelers
An Arab Cavalryman in a 10th Century Papyrus Drawing, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, Vienna
Fatimid-Zirid Bas-relief of Musician and Drinker, Bardo Palace Museum, Tunis
Fatimid-Zirid Plate with a Battle Scene, Museum of Islamic Art, Raqqada, Tunisia
Musician on a Bowl, Fatimid Egypt, 10th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
Egyptian Ivory Plaque with Two Soldiers, 10th century, Louvre, Paris
Fatimid Horseman from Ifriqiyah on a Plate from Sabra, 10th to 12th Centuries, Bardo Museum, Tunis
Fatimid Rider and Four Warriors on Coptic Textile, 11th Century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid Wood Carving of Hunters, 11th Century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid Carved Panel with Soldier, 11th Century, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Fatimid Ceramic Wall-Plaque with Warriors from the Sabra Palace, 11th century, Bardo Museum, Tunis
Fatimid Ceramic Wall-Plaque of Archer from the Sabra Palace, 11th century, Bardo Museum, Tunis
Fragment of a Fatimid Bowl Depicting a Mounted Warrior, 11th century, Brooklyn Museum
Plaque with a running man and his dog, Fatimid Egypt, 11th Century, Walters Art Museum
Fatimid Lustre Painted Dish with Musician from Fustat, 11th century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Bathhouse Fresco of a Man with Goblet from Fustat, 11th Century, Museum of Islamic Art
Fatimid Rectangular piece of wood with swordsmen, 11th century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with carved lion hunt from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with carved dancer from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with musicians and revelers from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with musicians and dancers from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with mounted hunter with lance from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid Carved Wood Panel, 11th Century, Louvre, Paris
Fragmentary dish showing men with sticks, Fatimid Egypt, 11th century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with a drinker, Muslim Sicily or southern Italy, 11th century, David Collection Museum, Denmark
Hunter on an ivory drinking horn probably made in Muslim Sicily or Southern Italy, 11th century, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Coptic Priest on a Plate, 1050-1100, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Shields on the Bab al-Nasr (Gate of Victory), 1087, Cairo
Frieze of Hunters over the door of the Church of San Benedetto, Brindisi, late 11th Century
Fatimid Lustre Bowl Depicting a Lute Player, Harvey B. Plotnick Collection, 11th-12th century
Fatimid Turban on Manuscript Fragment from Fustat, Museum of Islamic, 11th-12th Centuries
Morgan Casket, Southern Italy, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 11th-12th century
Four ivory panels with hunters and revellers, 11th-12th century, Staatliche Museen, Berlin
Detail of carved ivory horn or 'oliphant' from Sicily, Musée Crozatier, Le Puy
Figure with Goblet on Fatimid Bowl, 11th-12th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Ivory casket with Lion Hunt, Fatimid Sicily or Southern Italy, 11th-12th Centuries, Pergamon Museum, Berlin
Fatimid Manuscript with Two Soldiers, 11th-12th Centuries, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid Carved Ivory Panel with Hunters, 11th-12th Centuries, Louvre, Paris
Carved Ivory Plaque of Lion Hunt, Fatimid Egypt or Iraq, 11th-12th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
Fatimid dancer on an ivory panel, 11th-12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid lute player on an ivory panel, 11th-12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid Carved Ivory Plaque with Drummer and Drinker, 11th-12th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
Fatimid Infantryman with a Januwiyah shield, 12th Century, De Unger Collection, London
Fatimid Warrior with a kite shield, 12th Century, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Islamic Sicilian Ivory Casket with Horsemen, 12th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
A Fatimid Nobleman or Officer on a lustre-ware plate, 12th Century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid plate with mounted hunter, 12th century, Freer Gallery of Art, Washington
Fatimid bowl with female scarf dancer, 12th century, Freer Gallery, Smithsonian's Museums of Asian Art
Sicilian ivory pyxis with mounted hunter, 12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid wood panel with dancer, 12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid Manuscript Fragment with cavalry & infantry, Fustat, 12th Century, British Museum, London
Fatimid bowl with a hunter on horse, Islamic Ceramics Museum, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with a musician, Islamic Ceramics Museum, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with a drinker, Islamic Ceramics Museum, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with young courtier, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Manuscript illumination with depiction of a court scene, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Illustrations of warriors from a Coptic Gospel, Damietta, Egypt, 1179-80, Bibliothèque nationale de France, Cote Copte 13
Manuscript with 'Jazrafil who rides an Elephant' from Fustat, c. 1200 AD, British Museum, London

Fatimid Infantryman in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on a manuscript above.
Fatimid Infantryman and a Fatimid Cavalryman Cavalryman in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on the manuscript fragment.
A Sudanese Archer in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291  by Ian Heath.
A Sudanese spearman in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291  by Ian Heath based on the painted windows in the monastery church of St Denis in Paris
Fatimids on Plate G, Men-At-Arms Series 125, The Armies of Islam 7th-11th Centuries by David Nicolle & Angus McBride - based on many of the above.
A Daylami Tribesman in Armies of the Dark Ages 600-1066 by Ian Heath
A painting of a Daylami Infantryman, early 11th century, by Angus McBride

MIRROR SITES
Fatimid Soldiers and Hunters
Fatimid Musicians, Dancers & Revelers

Druzhina
Illustrations of Egyptian and Syrian Costume & Soldiers

kabogh said:
Realism in a game kill the game.
By example, just because of the gravity affecting bullets in BTF3, the fact that we can shoot someone trough the wall in COD games and a boring copy of life in Sims , I stopped to play these games immediately after trying them.

Another example could be the panoply of games that sucks because they are too realistic.
And it applies to films too, by example, films with real military personnel.
All that just to say that if you want total realism with HD textures, turn off your computer and go outside your home.

Just because you don't enjoy realistic games, doesn't mean people don't.
Look at Arma, GranT, Sports games, sim city to a name a few.
Realism is fine as long as it doesn't hinder in game balance.

That's exact and I ' m not imposing anything , just my point of view .

You don't know but I was pretty supportive to your mod, but then I got a fist in the face. No, you're wrong, I'm talking about the Jews.

kabogh said:
That's exact and I ' m not imposing anything , just my point of view .

You don't know but I was pretty supportive to your mod, but then I got a fist in the face. No, you're wrong, I'm talking about the Jews.

What?

Can I suggest something about the mod, though? Can you make a fiefless faction, the rebels? Because Roughly 40 years after the events of this mod happen, the Bulgarian nation rises from the Byzantine rule. It seems natural to have constant small-scale and large-scale rebellions.

Back
Top Bottom