B Medieval [WB] Warband: Total Realism, 1148 A.D. - (MAPPER needed)

How do you feel about the name of the mod?

• Its great and should stay the same.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Its not so great, but I don't mind it.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I don't like it, and here is my opinion (please post suggestions).

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I would like if it changed to 1148 - The Siege of Damascus

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Angry Newbie said:
Outlawed said:
a scener is what I need =)

For what country/s specifically? Do you just need one in general?

Each major capital of the factions were planned to have their main city/or two main cities scened with some key buildings.
I was waiting for Bioxx to finish his mapping kit, but I think that grinded to a halt as well.

I have made an andalusi helmet which is particularly good for the mod
z8oOS.jpg
The source is a mid 12th century mozarab drawing.

Al_Mansur said:
I have made an andalusi helmet which is particularly good for the mod
z8oOS.jpg
The source is a mid 12th century mozarab drawing.

The quality of your work just seems to keep getting better and better!
Cheers!

Hello! I like the idea of this mod very much.

One thing I've noticed (sorry if that's been mentioned before, but it's hard to review all 61 pages of text in this thread) is that coat of arms of the Seljuks of Rum is incorrect - the one you've chosen was invented in 1970's, or so, by Turkish television; you won't find it in sources (I mean miniatures, sculptures etc.) or coins of the period. I know that in XIII the Seljuks of Rum were using double headed eagle as their coa, but before that - it's hard to say.

I'd suggest changing it; even later Seljuk double-headed eagle would be better, I guess.

Tekesh said:
Hello! I like the idea of this mod very much.

One thing I've noticed (sorry if that's been mentioned before, but it's hard to review all 61 pages of text in this thread) is that coat of arms of the Seljuks of Rum is incorrect - the one you've chosen was invented in 1970's, or so, by Turkish television; you won't find it in sources (I mean miniatures, sculptures etc.) or coins of the period. I know that in XIII the Seljuks of Rum were using double headed eagle as their coa, but before that - it's hard to say.

I'd suggest changing it; even later Seljuk double-headed eagle would be better, I guess.

In light of this, I did some background research on the coinage of the times.
I found this:

1.jpg

This guy came some 40 years before the mod, and the reason I'm using this coin for the banner now is because other newer coins only had words on them.
He also liked lions and suns quite a bit and we see them appearing on coins.
I guess the horse archer just looks better =p

PS: Its hard to find banners/flags for most of these factions since many of them didn't really have 'flags' in our understanding of them.

Thanks for your comment =)

Outlawed said:
This guy came some 40 years before the mod, and the reason I'm using this coin for the banner now is because other newer coins only had words on them.
I suppose that's just one of Rum Seljuks' Maliks; that's common pattern to put a likeness of ruler on the coin. I've seen some coins minted by Turkish amirs of Syria, and some of them just have "Hellenistic" style of representation of faces. I've also seen more genuine (at least for me) designs, like a figure sitting cross-legged and holding a crescent in its hands... But that's Syria, not Rum; just wanted to share my observations. :wink:

I agree that the horseman is better. It even has all attributes traditionally ascribed to Seljuks - bow, arrows and, well, that's a horseman. :wink:
He also liked lions and suns quite a bit and we see them appearing on coins.
Ah, yes, "Persian" lion. I think Seljuks of Iraq (the Great Seljuks) minted such coins, too.
PS: Its hard to find banners/flags for most of these factions since many of them didn't really have 'flags' in our understanding of them.
Yes, you're right, there were no 'flags' in modern sense. As far as I know, though, armies used banners with inscriptions on them (citations of Kuran) and colours did play important role, and in case of most well-known dynasties it's not impossible to find a trace of what symbols did they use to differentiate themselves from others; but that's something obvious. :wink:

Tekesh said:
Ah, yes, "Persian" lion. I think Seljuks of Iraq (the Great Seljuks) minted such coins, too.

Arent lions originally Assyrian??

Hi, I would like to know if the developers of this mod could be interested in my suggestion at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,215811.0.html .

Thank you for your attention.

discens said:
Hi, I would like to know if the developers of this mod could be interested in my suggestion at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,215811.0.html .

You can disable them already in your options.

guys I was readin the rosters and I couldnt help but to see that the abbasid roster consisted of many Kurds.....

now as far as 1148.... the great seljuks and the kypchak warriors reigned before that for a good amount of years not to forget that the abbasid empire is the first to introduce the ghulam or mamluk system in 945 or sumthin...

point is... up to today... the Kurds were never a major contributor to the army and such. That begin said, Ghulams were extensively used.... so u might wanna emphasis it if possible...

sorry if I misunderstood or created a mess... but I thought it would be a good idea to point out for the sake of Realism.

Outlawed said:
discens said:

You can disable them already in your options.

Sorry, I didn't remember that "reports" had a specific meaning in the game, and so I have edited my post to make it clearer. Would you say that even after reading my reformulated post (concerning the Native game)? If so, would you be so kind to explain how? Thanks.

Harith said:
guys I was readin the rosters and I couldnt help but to see that the abbasid roster consisted of many Kurds.....

now as far as 1148.... the great seljuks and the kypchak warriors reigned before that for a good amount of years not to forget that the abbasid empire is the first to introduce the ghulam or mamluk system in 945 or sumthin...

point is... up to today... the Kurds were never a major contributor to the army and such. That begin said, Ghulams were extensively used.... so u might wanna emphasis it if possible...

sorry if I misunderstood or created a mess... but I thought it would be a good idea to point out for the sake of Realism.

You do realize a lot of 'Ghulams' were actually slave boys who were brought in from Northern Iraq right?
They were, for the most part, Kurds.

weepingblade said:
Hey outlawed are you still making this amazing mod

I make some models every now and then, but I am currently lacking in any team members.

Outlawed said:
You do realize a lot of 'Ghulams' were actually slave boys who were brought in from Northern Iraq right?
They were, for the most part, Kurds.

nope.... I think they were turkic, turks, and not kurds......

Back
Top Bottom