[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v4.9.5 for 1.174

Users who are viewing this thread

There are no such built in functions.
I would not recommend sending more than a couple of kilobytes to server, its bandwidth is limited. It is better sending a file to a third-party service, for example, php script.
I wrote this functionality for my anti-cheat, create and sent screenshots, sent suspicious exes and dlls to manual check.
I can do this under  order, if you are interested, write to PM.

Quite a few people (including myself a couple of times) are getting CTDs caused by an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION from WSE. The mod has a magic system, which is WSE uses. I've learned that this is due to WSE trying to access memory it has no permission for. What exactly is going on there? I'm trying to learn all I can about it, so that we can help players with crashing issues.

Any information and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

It's the latest version (v.4.7.0). Put my crash log here, in Pastebin, for you. Had a few things over time, but generally stability is fine for me, with only the odd random crash. But others are reporting it happen more regularly, so I'm just investigating the potential causes, and if there are any solutions. :smile:

Yeah, that's why I upgraded to the latest version. I don't have the crash logs for that though, as it was all replaced. It was only once, that exception error, so I upgraded. Without WSE, the mod brings up constant script errors, due to it's necessity for magic to work as intended. But Warband does still run.

Locate problem, find out exactly what spell causes error, what wse operations and triggers are all used there.
Also warband sometimes crashes on its own, wse just logs these crashes.

K700 said:
Locate problem, find out exactly what spell causes error, what wse operations and triggers are all used there.
Also warband sometimes crashes on its own, wse just logs these crashes.
Cool. I'll pass on that information to the team, and hopefully we can find out what is going on.

I figured it could be Warband being Warband too. It's prone to crashes anyway, especially when heavy overhauls are in play.

Thanks for your assistance, mate. It's appreciated.

Is the newest archieve even working? I checked the older ones and they open without problems, but it's not the case with the newest version. Is it something with DropBox or it's my old computer finally giving up ghost?

just a note: Since Warsworld Conquest requires WSE to run and I've had CTDs issues with the version the mod provides, I've downloaded as suggested the newest version of WSE 4.7.0 and put the files into the Warband root folder, but upon running the WSE_loader now I get an avast warning saying the file contains the IDP-Generic malware. I had to make an exception to be able to run it. I ran Malwarebytes to check it and got no warning, so it seems that's again an avast false positive. Just wanted to report it.

Hi, i did everything i have to do (except Edit wse_settings.ini, i dont know what to do) i start it (i used classic wb exe 1.174 not from the steam as u say, i download it) and i try quick battle bcs i downloaded WSE only because of infinite dead coprse, but when  everybody died all bodies dissapeared except 150.

I dont know if i should start game over Warband classic exe or WSE.Loader but when i start it over WSE.Loader it just appear cmd and nothing else. So i tried it with Steam version and it wrote. that version is not supported and i have the newest and i installed right version. So im asking for help

I'm having an issue on my server where the server is ran on the wrong module. My configuration is solid, as well as the batch file to start it. If I remove WSEloader from the batch file and start it normally I have no issues. Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening?

EDIT: Is there a place where I can download previous versions?

Richard Denfork said:
I'm having an issue on my server where the server is ran on the wrong module. My configuration is solid, as well as the batch file to start it. If I remove WSEloader from the batch file and start it normally I have no issues. Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening?
Use quotes in names with whitespaces
start WSELoaderServer.exe -p "mb_warband_dedicated.exe" -r "Configs\Napoleonic Wars.txt" -m "Napoleonic Wars"

(linux Server)
i use wine WSELoaderServer.exe -p "mb_warband_dedicated.exe" -r "Configs\Napoleonic Wars.txt" -m "Napoleonic Wars"
or 
wine WSELoaderServer.exe -p mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_Battle.txt -m Napoleonic Wars
and doesnt work (no server in the list)
any Idea?
wse_loader_log.txt
WSE Loader by cmpxchg8b, K700 (Build date: Nov 22 2018 17:54:30)
OS version: 5.2.3790 SP 2.0
Command line: -r NW_Sample_Battle.txt -m Napoleonic
WSE path: Z:\home\Mount&Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars Dedicated\
Game executable origin: command line
Game executable path: mb_warband_dedicated.exe
Game executable checksum: 8AEDDD2A
You are running an unsupported version of Warband (WSE only supports version 1.174).
Please update or download the full game from https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download.

wse_log:txt
[11:21:37] WSE v4.7.0 by cmpxchg8b, K700 (Build date: Nov 22 2018 17:54:50)
[11:21:37] WSE path: Z:\home\Mount&Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars Dedicated\
[11:21:37] WSE netcode version: 9
[11:21:37] Warband version: dedicated server
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_chat_message_received
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_console_command_received
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_game_saved
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_multiplayer_message_received
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_get_agent_scale
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_window_opened
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_savegame_loaded
[11:21:45] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_get_server_info

This is what I use if this helps at all.

wineconsole WSELoaderServer.exe -p "mb_warband_dedicated.exe" -r "pw_config.txt" -m "Persistent Kingdoms"

Or

:loop
WSELoaderServer.exe -p "mb_warband_dedicated.exe" -r "PW_server_cfg.txt" -m "Persistent Kingdoms"
goto :loop

Edit: The loop is just to restart the server if it crashes.

Back
Top Bottom