[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v4.9.5 for 1.174

Users who are viewing this thread

So I installed WSE successfully
however, sometimes, when I use the "@xxx", it shows up as random strings (ie. Hourgumont (Day)) or night...
it's really disturbing and sometimes interferes with the wse_chat_message_received script.. I'm wondernig how I can fix it

hi126136 said:
however, sometimes, when I use the "@xxx", it shows up as random strings (ie. Hourgumont (Day)) or night...
it's really disturbing and sometimes interferes with the wse_chat_message_received script.. I'm wondernig how I can fix it

Could you give us an example of the code you are using? Does it do this for every script or just that one?

Richard Denfork said:
hi126136 said:

Could you give us an example of the code you are using? Does it do this for every script or just that one?
Code:
("wse_chat_message_received", [
  (store_script_param, ":player_no", 1),
  (store_script_param, ":chat_type", 2),
  (player_get_unique_id, reg44, ":player_no"),
  (try_begin),
  (eq, ":chat_type", 0),
    (try_begin),
    #starts cases for commands
      (str_starts_with, s0, "str_single_slash"), #if string starts with '/', then try for commands
      (try_begin),
        (str_equals, s0, "str_get_players"), #chat = /players
        (player_is_admin, ":player_no"), #only admins can use this command
        (try_for_players, ":player", 1),
          (player_get_unique_id, reg13, ":player"),
          (str_store_player_username, s66, ":player"),
          (assign, reg12, ":player"),
          (call_script, "script_send_colored_chat", ":player_no", "str_send_player_info", chat_color_console),
        (try_end),

So for example, for this very simple piece of code, I did (str_equals, s0, "@/players"), which failed every time...
and I also tried broadcasting the string by using "@{reg13} {s66} {reg12}" which showed up as a random string in module_strings (ex. Hourgumont (Day))
I only got wse a couple days ago so I was only really editing the wse_chat_message_received script..

When you say you were only editing that script, does that also mean you only updated scripts.txt on your server after compiling and not the other files?If so, that's your mistake - for your cause, you will also need to update quick_strings.txt (and strings.txt if you change any strings).

Namakan said:
When you say you were only editing that script, does that also mean you only updated scripts.txt on your server after compiling and not the other files?If so, that's your mistake - for your cause, you will also need to update quick_strings.txt (and strings.txt if you change any strings).
Oh!!! That must be it! thank you so much!!

hmm still not working...
some of the (str_equals) work but the send_colored_chat sends random gibberish (ie. still hourgumont day)
some of the str_equals ie. (str_equals, s0, "/teamOn"), fails despite correct command
I replaced the quick_strings, strings, and scripts
here's an example of my code
so the /player evaluates correctly, but the @Player listed below as well as the @Total players: {reg11} sends random strings
Code:
(else_try),
(str_equals, s0, "@/player),
          (player_is_admin, ":player_no"), #only admins can use this command
          (call_script, "script_send_colored_chat", ":player_no", "str_player_list", chat_color_console),
          (assign, reg11, 0), #counter
          (call_script, "script_send_colored_chat", ":player_no", "@Players listed below", chat_color_console),
          (try_for_players, ":player", 1),
            (val_add, reg11, 1),
            (player_get_unique_id, reg13, ":player"),
            (str_store_player_username, s66, ":player"),
            (assign, reg12, ":player"),
            (call_script, "script_send_colored_chat", ":player_no", "str_send_player_info", chat_color_console),
          (try_end),
          (call_script, "script_send_colored_chat", ":player_no", "@Total players: {reg11}", chat_color_console),
        (set_trigger_result, 1),
        (try_end),
Here's an example of my code

For all I know, you can't send strings as script parameters. Try sending the strings by themselves.
(Does your send_colored_chat script already use two multiplayer_send_*_to_player operations to send the chat to the client? If so, use something like (str_store_string, s0, "@your quickstring here") where you handle the chatmessages and then send s0 instead of the parameter you're using right now)

I used to make scripts for PW, haven't touched NW much so I'm not sure if any of this will help. I had an issue where str_equals would never work so I placed  " (multiplayer_is_server), " at the beginning of the block. For whatever reason that fixed it for me. Here is one little piece of the code in my script that shows you the player count when typing /count in the local chat.

Code:

(try_begin),
				(multiplayer_is_server),
				(str_equals, s0, "@/count"),
				(assign, reg1, 0),
				(try_for_players, ":part_player_id"), 
					(player_is_active, ":part_player_id"),
					(val_add, reg1, 1),
			        (try_end),
				(multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":sender_player_id", server_event_local_chat, "@Current count: {reg1}"),
			(try_end),

Now I could have stored the string first like Namakan said but it wasn't necessary for this. This also may not the most efficient way to get a player count but it is just an example I had laying around. Also please disregard the weird spacing, the paste messed it up and i cant fix it on here for whatever reason.

Namakan said:
That's a good example, but I'm not sure why this would work with multiplayer_is_server and not work without it...

I'm really not sure either but for whatever reason it does. str_equals works with it and str_contains works without it. It could be something else in the script that is failing but that is just what I noticed.

Richard Denfork said:
I used to make scripts for PW, haven't touched NW much so I'm not sure if any of this will help. I had an issue where str_equals would never work so I placed  " (multiplayer_is_server), " at the beginning of the block. For whatever reason that fixed it for me. Here is one little piece of the code in my script that shows you the player count when typing /count in the local chat.

Code:

(try_begin),
				(multiplayer_is_server),
				(str_equals, s0, "@/count"),
				(assign, reg1, 0),
				(try_for_players, ":part_player_id"), 
					(player_is_active, ":part_player_id"),
					(val_add, reg1, 1),
			        (try_end),
				(multiplayer_send_string_to_player, ":sender_player_id", server_event_local_chat, "@Current count: {reg1}"),
			(try_end),

Now I could have stored the string first like Namakan said but it wasn't necessary for this. This also may not the most efficient way to get a player count but it is just an example I had laying around. Also please disregard the weird spacing, the paste messed it up and i cant fix it on here for whatever reason.

Thank you very much! I'll give this a try

"You are running an unsupported version of Warband (WSE only supports version 1.174)"

Installed version is the steam latest update: 1.174  ...
Checksum: E893BA6B

Any update available?
cheers

jb said:
"You are running an unsupported version of Warband (WSE only supports version 1.174)"

Installed version is the steam latest update: 1.174  ...
Checksum: E893BA6B

Any update available?
cheers

Have you tried using the executable provided in the download? Make a backup of your original, then replace the original with the executable in the WSE folder.

Hi everyone i really apologise if a) this is a stupid question and b) if this has been asked before

I have been trying for weeks to play with my friend in co op battle mode i have tried everything i can think of i am probably missing something really simple. Is their anyway to get some info or some really dumbed down instructions on how this works?

Thank you all have a great day :grin:

pardon my english . im bad at english so i try to make it short and understandable. i download wse v4.7.0 rar but i cant open it. it said the file is damage or bla bla bla . like that is it only me or ?

apexsenget said:
pardon my english . im bad at english so i try to make it short and understandable. i download wse v4.7.0 rar but i cant open it. it said the file is damage or bla bla bla . like that is it only me or ?
I've had an issue like this using 7zip recently. If that's the programm you're using, try uninstalling it and installing the latest version.

hi, i have a problem whit wse, when i use the launcher i have a dll error, it's say that i need the SkinMagic.dll or something like that and then the console say that is probably something whit the antivirus... idk what to do... or search in google the dll or what. The problem whit the antivirus cant be becouse i deactivate it

sorry for my english xd

Am I the only one having this problem, but every time I download the latest version for Warband 1.174 and try to open the archive to extract it I get a "Cannot open ___ as an Archive" error.  Did the files not archive correctly, or did they corrupt when uploaded to Dropbox?

Back
Top Bottom