SP Native [WB] Warband Entrenched Updated and enhanced March 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't build fortification. The program say "You don't have the good item for that in your inventory..." or somethink like that .... ???? Which item ???

I plan to add this great idea mod to rigale, if you don't mind. Of course, credits will be given :smile:

SpittingLlama said:
Looks great, but does it work when waiting to build siege towers and stuff too?

Just updated. It now works while besieging towns and castles.  Also added a menu item to inspect your camp, so you will now be able to plan out how you want to station your troops in advance.

Great update, Tempered.. Thanks for sharing.
I want to add an option to camp menu to let the player leave the camp with only companions for hunting or doing specific quests that need small party size like prison break or spy catching.
Of course, the camp can be attacked while the player 's not there and it will be good if it's entrenched.

dunde said:
Great update, Tempered.. Thanks for sharing.
I want to add an option to camp menu to let the player leave the camp with only companions for hunting or doing specific quests that need small party size like prison break or spy catching.
Of course, the camp can be attacked while the player 's not there and it will be good if it's entrenched.

I had planned on adding a bunch of activities to the camp (companion duels, sending out foragers, etc.) but as my time is limited, I can't really promise that it will ever be truly finished.  This is why everyone is free to modify or use any part of it they like.  Hopefully, what little I have  done will save someone else some work and lead to more interesting mods all around. 

One problem with having the player leave the camp is the fact that most of the entrenchment code and variables are tied to the player party and encounter system.  A new system for entrenching npc parties would have to be made. It wouldn't really be that difficult to do, and is something I've been planning on, but there are other things I wanted to experiment with first.

The only bug I've noticed is the way AI (Both friendly and enemy) act when they are attacking or defending an entrenched location--either a siege or regular camp.
Moving AI within the camp or attempting to set them up within the confines of your wooden spike fortifications almost always leads to AI getting "stuck" in the fortifications themselves and they are endlessly stuck in a movement loop--unable to get out. Attackers, similarly, do not charge towards/through the entrance of the camp. The attackers, for me at least, generally skirt around the outside of the fortifications and then choose a (seemingly) random spot to jam all of their soldiers against the wooden spikes. None of the infantry or horse men get in and, again, are stuck in a constant "movement loop" in which they run against/into the wooden stakes. It is then, fairly easy for my men and I to leave the confines of the spikes and back stab/spear/arrow/slice all of the enemies as they are running into the spikes instead of defending themselves or attacking the enemy--their situational awareness is...non existant in these cases.

This is the only screenshot I have readily available at the moment, but I could take a few more if need be.
This is the defense of a siege camp while attacking a Sarannid castle.

Back
Top Bottom