SP Native [WB] Warband Enhanced - Source Included

Users who are viewing this thread

Iorya Dragon

Sergeant
wb-enhanced-med.png

Warband Enhanced is my first attempt to improve the gameplay in Warband Native with the help of the best mods made by this community and also with the implementation of new features and gameplay tweaks made by me. At first, i started to make the mod for my own personal use and then i delved into module files and started to play around and thinking of making a public release.

DOWNLOAD v0.6 (180 MB):

MODDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced
MB Nexus: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3774

Source Files: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced/downloads/warband-enhanced-06-source-files

Requires Official Warband Client 1.143: http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1143.exe

HOW TO INSTALL:

- Extract the folder Warband Enhanced to your Modules directory. Go to WSE folder in the Warband Enhanced directory, launch wse_loader.exe, select Warband Enhanced  from the list and play.
- Recommended Battle Size: 200-300 (Do this with Battle Size Warband Changer) http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1761
- MOD OPTIONS for PBOD : CAMP > PBOD Mod Preferences
- MOD OPTIONS for Diplomacy: CAMP > Diplomacy Preferences

[size=24pt]Features:[/size]

diplomacy.png

Diplomacy is my favorite mod made for warband. I really cant play the game without it and nobody should, to be honest. It gives you clear stats on your relation with the lords and their relation to their kings. On top of that it helps you manage the castles, fiefs or kingdom much easily with the help of advisors and wife. Read more: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.0.html

pbod.png

Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment is my second favorite mod for warband. It simply fixes the battles with AI Lords, due to addition of formations and improved battle AI. Along with this comes special formation for players troops, and new additions like spear bracing, horse lance fix and many more goodies,c ompanion and as bodyguards and more. Read more: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142816.0.html

At the moment charge is on by default and camera doesn't have mouse movement you have to use numpad keys to look around when you are knocked off. fixed in v0.3

freelancer.png

Freelancer is a great little mod that lets you enlist into a lord army alone and rise in ranks from recruit to knight(based on the faction troop tree), gain good loot from battles, money and relation with the faction and the lord. Read more: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182848.0.html

Additions and Fixes to native Freelancer:

- Color Coded messages for important things
- You can keep the last equipment received  if you stay in service with the lord for 90 days or more.

Improved Recruit System and Upgrade Prices:

- A new recruitment system is now in place. As lord without a faction you can only recruit peasants which belong to the mercenary troop tree. As you join a faction after 3 days you can recruit the faction troops from villages, but from other factions you will only be able to recruit peasants. Every  new villages you conquer will have your faction troops and not the old faction troops.
- To balance the game, the upgrade price for each unit has been increased by 4 times in some cases. Luckily,  a visual troop tree is in place with upgrade prices for you to decide what to upgrade and when: Reports  > View Troop Tree
- Your first step as a king of your newly found kingdom is to choose a culture. You do that by hiring and talking with the Chancelor, Domestic Policy > Kingdom's culture.
You will have your starting faction in the list or more, if you recruited  noble companions that came from difrent nations and made them lords. After choosing the culture, lords, villages and kingdoms reinforcements will switch to that culture. On some will be instantly like reinforcements, on villages it takes 1-3 days, and on Lords it takes time if they already have an army. Favoring no culture will make your villages only have farmers as recruits, which is on by default untill you choose a culture.

Color Coded Messages:

- Color Coded messages are now displayed on major statuses, like gaining renown, quest time, lord relation and much more. Also when you join a faction the full power of color coded messages come in place since then you will have special colors for messages that report enemies, friendly/enemy lords captured, defeated and so on.

Kill Count:

- At the end of each battle below enemy casualties you will see your kill count along with the kill count of your companions and lords.

Improved Looting System:

- Now you have a better chance to get good items  due to the looting system developed by rubik.

Troops Tree and View All Items Menus:

- A troop tree visual representation is now available. Beside the tree for each faction, you can see the upgrade cost, wages , equipment and even stat for each troop in the tree. (just click on the troop image while in the troop tree menu).

Improved Graphics and Sound:

Cinematic Compilation now brings improved texture graphics and with the help Better Metal Sounds the fights sound better and feel more realistic. Also, i added Better Banners since i can't play without them and nor should you.

Gameplay Tweaks and small additions:

- the color of the bandits is now purple for an easy identification of looters, forest bandits and so on
- 1000xp received when winning a tournament and the possibility of betting 250 gold on each round.
- When discovered in sneak missions you will equip your normal equipment, but on walk around you will have the disguised equipment.
- Siege Pack: Almost all castles and towns have 2 ladders or 1 ladder and 1 sieges.
- relation penalty on lords decreased from -5/2 to -2/2
- when attacked on raiding villages all soldiers will fight without horses to balance the native behavior.
- mid tier slavers have slightly better shield skills (check troop tree in game)
- sword sister mid tier troops have slightly better equipment (check troop tree in game)
- enterprises now produce 50% more goods and some cost less to build
- 10 prisoners per 1 point in prison management
- construction time of fief improvements reduced
- some lords have now better horses
- outlaw bands are lead by Chief Bandits

Known Issues:

- Death Camera uses numpad keys instead of mouse fixed in v0.3
- Charge on KO  and Battle Continuation are on by default fixed  in v0.3
- Diplomacy Recruiter dialogs, the recruiter will only recruit farmers if the village doesn't belong to your faction.
- no mercenaries in tavern - fixed in v0.3
- no text summary on Enlisted: Defeat quest - fixed in v0.3
- sometimes when you play as Enlisted two armies will go in formation and stare at each other, you need to provoke one alone to get things started . This is a problem from PBOD which i will investigate.

FONT TWEAK:

- hate the size of the log message in Warband. To reduce the size of the font go to your warband folder /DATA/font_data.xml and change the value of the font size from 70 to 80 or 85, the bigger the small the font will be: A optimum size is around 80-85.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="10" font_size="80" font_scale="100" line_spacing="100">

CREDITS:

Mod by Iorya Dragon - I fixed a few bugs here and there, compiled the major mods below, added new features and tweaked things.

Diplomacy 4.2 - Waihti  and zParsifal
PBOD  0.963 -  Cabra'din
Freelancer  1.51 +  -  Floris, Windyplains, Monnikje, taragoth, ithilienranger, Caba'Drin and more
Better Banners - MarkQuinn
Cinematic Compilation - DOMA_
Improved Looting system - by rubik
Color coded -  by hardcode
KILL COUNT - rubik
View All Items, Troop Tree - rubik and dunde
More Metal Sounds - Checkmaty
SIEGES & SCENES PACK - Lord Samuel
Faction Troops Menu concept - Atamawood
Quickmodding camp  script - MartinF (LOTS OF THANKS!!!!)
A big Thanks to all moders from the forge section:smile:

DOWNLOAD v0.6 (180 MB):

MODDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-enhanced
MB Nexus: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3774

Requires Official Warband Client 1.143: http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1143.exe

HOW TO INSTALL:

- Extract the folder Warband Enhanced to your Modules directory. Go to WSE folder in the Warband Enhanced directory, launch wse_loader.exe, select Warband Enhanced  from the list and play.
- Recommended Battle Size: 200-300 (Do this with Battle Size Warband Changer)  http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1761
- MOD OPTIONS for PBOD : CAMP > PBOD Mod Preferences
- MOD OPTIONS for Diplomacy: CAMP > Diplomacy Preferences

Version History:

V0.41 -------------------------- Bug Fixes and Additions:
Since i messed up the v0.4 on some things like lords recruit player's kingdoms culture army now i returned with a fixed, improved version:
- Your first step as a king of your newly found kingdom is to choose a culture. You do that by hiring and talking with the Chancelor, Domestic Policy > Kingdom's culture.
You will have your starting faction in the list or more, if you recruited companions that came from difrent nations and made them lords. These companions have to be nobles:
Alayen - VaegirBaheshtur - KhergitFirentis - SwadiaMatheld - NordRolf - Sarranid
After choosing the culture, lords, villages and kingdoms reinforcements will switch to that culture. On some will be instantly like reinforcements, on villages it takes 1-3 days, and on Lords it takes time if they already have an army. Favoring no culture will make your villages only have farmers as recruits, which is on by default untill you choose a culture.

V0.4-------------------------- Bug Fixes and Additions:

- Fixed a bug where the player could only recruit farmer troops while running his own kingdom.
- Lords now recruit from conquered villages too and only their king's faction troops.
- As a King the player has to choose the kingdom's new culture before the villages update to a culture, otherwise they will remain neutral with farmer recruits. Camp Menu > Change your kingdom's default troops (this option is only available when the player is the king of his kingdom). By choosing a faction in this menu it will transform the culture of the kingdom and all recruits will be from the choosen faction, on current and future conqured villages. More over, lords that join or are already in the kingdom will recruit the chosen faction troops and also reinforce with the same type of troops. Changes are updated after 3 Days.
- save game compatible with v0.3 and might be with v0.1, but not with the freelancer saves.
- removed change kingdom culture at the chancelor from diplomacy due to the new script above.

v0.3-----------------------------------------

Freelancer:

- fixed the quest summary on captured
- fixed a gamebreaking bug(still testing) which caused the lords not following you as marshal, after beeing enlisted.
- possibility to change troop branch, from archer to melee and so on.
- fixed some sieges defense missions while enlisted

Others:

- fixed death camera. Now you use mouse to look around and arrow keys to move. (Do not redefine the arrows keys to w,a,s,d it wont work)
- battle continuation options in PBOD now work:  Disable/Charge/Formation AI
- tutorial start fixed
- tweaked the reinforcements of AI Lords
- no more recruits in taverns, only mercenaries just like in Native Warband
- defect color text has only one color now: yellow.

0.1 - First Release

Updated to v0.3:

Freelancer:

- fixed the quest summary on captured
- fixed a gamebreaking bug(still testing) which caused the lords not following you as marshal, after beeing enlisted.
- possibility to change troop branch, from archer to melee and so on.
- fixed some sieges defense missions while enlisted

Others:

- fixed death camera. Now you use mouse to look around and arrow keys to move. (Do not redefine the arrows keys to w,a,s,d it wont work)
- battle continuation options in PBOD now work:  Disable/Charge/Formation AI
- tutorial start fixed
- tweaked the reinforcements of AI Lords
- no more recruits in taverns, only mercenaries just like in Native Warband
- defect color text has only one color now: yellow.

Updated to v0.4:

- Fixed a bug where the player could only recruit farmer troops while running his own kingdom.
- Lords now recruit from conquered villages too and only their king's faction troops.
- As a King the player has to choose the kingdom's new culture before the villages update to a culture, otherwise they will remain neutral with farmer recruits. Camp Menu > Change your kingdom's default troops (this option is only available when the player is the king of his kingdom). By choosing a faction in this menu it will transform the culture of the kingdom and all recruits will be from the choosen faction, on current and future conqured villages. More over, lords that join or are already in the kingdom will recruit the chosen faction troops and also reinforce with the same type of troops. Changes are updated after 3 Days.
- save game compatible with v0.3 and might be with v0.1, but not with the freelancer saves.
- removed change kingdom culture at the chancelor from diplomacy due to the new script above.

So, has it been completed..

I was waiting for a mod like this...........

Native Expansion + Freelancer == Your Mod

So, please finish it fast i am waiting

Hey this is my favourite mod for native at the moment (mostly a fan of how freelancer works, you now can make a decent wage working for a lord. And also I love the way the battle formations work, no boring circling and battles feel more realistic)

The main issue I've noticed is that non-cavalry factions, in perticular the Nords usually get obliterated in battle by enemy cavalry, otherwise I like everything. It's a good alternative to the bigger mods for people with lower powered machines.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to allow players to keep their companions when in service with a lords army? e.g. when you reach the highest tier unit you could control your companions within the lords army rather than have them magically reappear when you go on leave/retire from service.

The only times I've seen this possible is if you recruit the companion when you're lord is resting in a town. Great mod!

Yes. Nords they get obliterated when lots of cavalry is on the field. What you can do is to put them on a hill (use "take the field" always with nords), in formation by ranks and keep them as close as possible (formations > closer). If they reach your archers put the archers near the infantry so they all fight together. Still you will get lots of casualties compared to rhodocks which they do better in this situations. So try to fight cav on uneven terrain.

As for companions in freelancer, ill take that in mind for the next versions.

Is there any chance you could included the module system files in the mod download? I want to use this mod but I also want to add my own stuff to it, and I can't do that without the source.

in the near future i will add the source too, but i have to finish the mod first to 1.0 and update it to 1.15x which will take time.

Sorry if it's a silly question, but is there any way you can keep recruiting soldiers from different factions? Like have nord huscarls and swadian knights, etc in your army ?

Hmm, prisoners. That's not very stable source of recruits, isn't it? What a shame. Anyway, thanks for answer. And hey, it's great mod by the way.

LarssonKlaksson said:
Hmm, prisoners. That's not very stable source of recruits, isn't it? What a shame. Anyway, thanks for answer. And hey, it's great mod by the way.

I will make an option to have the possibility to disable this feature in the next patches.

Hi
Can you make a seven culture to recruit? It could be man without anything, I will make my own culture based on him ( I hope that, you understand what I mean, my english is not the best). Also it will work with WB 1.154?

It works ok with 1.153, which you can get on TaleWorlds pages. As for 1.154 (current version, if I'm correct) I did a quick test and it seems to work ok, however I belive the script enhancer doesn't work with 1.154 so it's quite possible that there could be some issues I haven't encounter yet.

I do not get any chat messages whatsoever.  I will when I first start the game, then I get an error at some point and I will not receive any messages either on the world map, in a town/castle or in a fight.  Anything I can do to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom