SP Antiquity [WB] Two Worlds: Rome Years changed (Recruiting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'am also gonna add another picture since the breastplate style seems to be similar from 4th to 5th century. Oh, and I got this from a member on Taleworlds for development on IG.

4a2456bf4536.jpg

He has a map maker. The thing is, he will need a team of researchers, some writers, and a couple of graphic artists to get this off the ground, which I rationally said, it would be better to join another mod.

I understand you
So I put in search the following conditions:
1. Continue with this mod
2. Help caprera with your mod

Taking into account the second, consider getting the lead of the mod along with "potential followers".

I'm about to get an important job at the Xerox firm, so maybe my disponibility options won't be so elastic anymore...

P.s.
I'm flattered you thought about my idea. Thanks :wink:

I'm already put this to the map on a sheet, I'll draw it in paint and post.  :!:

why!?!!?? the bigger mods are almost always better....

:xf-mad:

maybe they were all right then... shouldn't have even started it...

I'm truly saddened by the merge. Though I like some of the ideas of Capreras mod, like the moving village, I doubt that they will work. Also, I'd like it better with a mod that didn't include just a handful of factions, but the whole Mediterreanean world, the British isles, Mesopotamia and Germany. Sure, you might think that Rome would be unstoppable, but think about it. If Rome starts at war with many factions, then they either have to weaken and spread out their army, limiting their ability to fight, or focus on one target, which would make the other factions take land at the Romans cost. Also, you could perhaps attempt to simulate the internal struggles in the Republic/Empire, with families fighting for power. Still, good luck to you Cap.

Thanks for the whishes, i hope to see implemented my main ideas.  :wink:

Btw keep in mind that many factions doesen't mean always a better mod. I think Warband is not the game to represent this better. The best mod i've seen till now is RusXIII, and there are just 5 factions, but M&B gameplay to it's maximum. I already saw many mods in different settings than medieval times trying to put the player in a position M&B as well couldn't manage realistically. This is a game born for the medieval and so for commanding relatively small groups of soldiers, perfect for a mercenary tale and the feudal system. Surely not for Imperial Rome, or later medieval times, where armies were bigger and led by "elected" commanders, like a consul or an general; no renegades or adventurers...

This is my interpretation of Warband gameplay, which is great and gives many options and fullfil realism under certain conditions, but can't be applied easily to any setting you want. Commanding large armies in great regions like europe or mediterrean is more like a Total War game.

Well, it's not like I'm running around shouting: ''W00T LOLZERS MORE CONTENTZ IZEZ TEH BETTER'', but I think that a Roman mod could include many factions which would be very interesting to play.

I know. I appreciated your critique as you made some points of yours.
About great mods, i have matured during the years following TW series since Shogun or others like Homeworld the foolish idea that is better a simple mod but finished, than 10 giants started and never completed. However, at the same time i haven't said we'll have just two factions... my idea goes along the border from which Huns & Vandals and the Goths & the Franks entered the Empire...quite much to put yourself in, isn't it ? About your idea about internal struggling keep true that i already thought about it  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom