SP Oriental [WB] Three Kingdoms Mod (Interest Check)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of doing a bunch of research and prep for a mod set during the Three Kingdoms period in China.

My aim is to be "Historically Accurate/Plausible up to and until the introduction of the player".

I don't have anything to show at the moment, but I'm competent with the Mod System and have made a mod before (see my hardcore combat submod for The Sword and the Axe), so this won't just be an idea thread that never gets off the ground. I figured I'd post here to let folks know and generate some discussion.

Specifically I have a question that I hope to get some feedback on:

-  What year should the mod be set at?

Currently I'm debating between 191 and 208 AD. As for why, 208 AD is when Chi Bi occurred, and is probably the most ideal place that could be described as the "start" of the Three Kingdoms proper. But yet I like 191 AD because of the amount of factions that can be implemented, and there are interesting individuals who are still alive at that time (Lu Bu, Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, Yuan Shao, Taishi Ci, Sun Jian, etc.)

If you could kindly vote on my poll here, I'd appreciate it: https://www.strawpoll.me/18998431

If anyone has any other feedback, feel free to let me know. Additionally, if you are skilled at modding, eg. Scripting, 3D Modelling/Texturing, Scene Making, etc. and wish to help, please PM me (serious offers only).

It's an interesting period and one I'd love to play in an M&B leading troops and battle fashion. But honestly, now with BL having an actual release date and all of that I'm not sure just how wise is starting major overhaul mods for Warband.

Total conversions like this are gargantuan efforts even with several dedicated individuals. Sadly we won't really have basic modding tools for BL until at least 2021 either so it's a lose-lose situation no matter how you look at it if you ask me.

BNS Marko said:
It's an interesting period and one I'd love to play in an M&B leading troops and battle fashion. But honestly, now with BL having an actual release date and all of that I'm not sure just how wise is starting major overhaul mods for Warband.

Total conversions like this are gargantuan efforts even with several dedicated individuals. Sadly we won't really have basic modding tools for BL until at least 2021 either so it's a lose-lose situation no matter how you look at it if you ask me.

Agreed, but I'm still going to attempt it. I don't know how long it will take me (that being said with my current occupation I'm able to have loads of free time/downtime), but this has been a passion for me to for quite some time, but only now have I felt comfortable enough with the mod system in order to actually jump in and do this.

"The Last Days" came out when Warband was the big thing, and Rise of Three Kingdoms for Medieval 2 Total War is still going strong despite the fact that Total War: Three Kingdoms is released.

Well I'm interested. I really love this setting. I also still play the Rise of Three Kingdoms mod for MTW2 a lot, because my laptop can't run Total War Three Kingdoms. That being said, I'd support your decision to make this a Warband mod, because there's no guarantee that I'll be able to run Bannerlord either. Unfortunately, I'm too busy working on my thesis these days, so I can't help even if I want to.

I vote for 191 AD by the way. Those early days are my favorite, and indeed there are so many interesting characters at that time.

Hmm, somehow, I missed the topic. And I agree, just because Bannerlord (might maybe perhaps) has a release date, doesn't mean new Warband mods cannot be initiated, big or small.

Interesting project ! Best luck with this i hope you'll find peoples to help you ! Played Gloria Sinica a bit and quite enjoyed it. So this is 400 years later ? i'm very bad with China history.

Lord Brutus said:
KOEI has done this era to death.

And they've not once done it with the seriousness it's due.

Ettenrocal said:
Interesting project ! Best luck with this i hope you'll find peoples to help you ! Played Gloria Sinica a bit and quite enjoyed it. So this is 400 years later ? i'm very bad with China history.

200-300 years later.

Lord Brutus said:
KOEI has done this era to death.
The Dynasty Warriors series lacks strategy and has grown way too anime. The ROTK series lacks polish, consistency, and even an English localization on some versions. KOEI has been criticized for growing lazy by its fan too, so yeah, to death indeed.

Back
Top Bottom