SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] The War of the Five Kings (a Game of Thrones Mod for M&B:Warband (WIP))

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd say Floris could be counted as a must for total conversions, I think it's got some pretty crucial features.

Hence why I suggested basing it off Floris.

Azsouth said:
which if it is a static size would reduce the amount of stuff I can include in Westeros and Western Essos

There are ways around this. 90% of map lag is caused by bad coding in the triggers section, I find that you can add very many vertexes to the map without a crash, and very many parties. Just increase the map size (settings.cfg) when creating a new map in Thorgrim's. Making a quality map of that size will be a lot of work though, and making all the scenes necessary will be a ***** also. But it is possible, and map lag can be combated by consolidating triggers. To show how big a map must really get to cause any minor problems, check out the Blue Stone mod, which is still playable and quite good.

Good luck. :smile:

@cwr
How the hell did you infer this:

Lionheart2 said:
-entitled bull****-

From this:

Lionheart2 said:
Hopefully all of the competition brings out the best in this mod. I have a negative opinion on Game of Thrones but I do support new modders through and through. so good luck.
?

Azsouth said:
Thank you for this, I will definitely read this, probably a few times, though I don't know how much of it I will actually retain.

You'll be surprised. As long as you're familiar with the front end of the game (gameplay mechanics etc), the scripts and functions on the back end won't need much explaining. The module system looks daunting at first, and it's a huge uncoordinated mess in places, but it's very easy to get into the swing of things -- start by editing existing scripts and triggers (you'll have to do this for certain things anyway), looking stuff up as you go. Things will begin to make more sense. There'll come a point where the only limit to what you can achieve is the game engine, and perhaps time.
It's new features like these, and a polished, coherent aesthetic that will attract people to your mod. Good luck.

Update: While the initial enthusiasm for the mod I had hoped to create is not there at the moment I will forge ahead in hope that other modders will eventually join me in this endeavor. Unfortunately I can't do anything without a map at the moment, so my request to the community is for someone with experience in making maps who is willing to donate some time to this to contact me via steam or PM (of course credit will be given to whoever decides to help). I already have a map edited and uploaded to my mediafire account but I don't know how to turn it into a text file and I'm sure there are more steps needed then just changing the . after the name that I'v saved it under. Also while I am going ahead with this I am also still looking for a well rounded modder (preferably someone ambitious, with a similar vision of the GoT universe as myself, and unencumbered because he/she is leading another mod (though that experience is also welcomed if someone is willing to fill the roll)) to take the lead of what I hope will eventually be a team of people as well as people who specialize in every aspect of mod making from scenes, audio, to 3d textures and armors.

Thank you for your time,
-Azsouth

Is Joffery barratheon gonna be included too? :???: Since Robert died. Or is your mod just going to let tywin be the regent with no actual king :???:
Also, good luck with the mod :grin:. Looking forward to it after some time

Ah_Zhou said:
Is Joffery barratheon gonna be included too? :???: Since Robert died. Or is your mod just going to let tywin be the regent with no actual king :???:
Also, good luck with the mod :grin:. Looking forward to it after some time

thanks for replying, I don't plan on having Joffery actually owning a warband but I am playing around w/ ideas that would see him be executed if anyone other than the Westerlands owns Kings Landing. This has taken a back seat in recent weeks as I'v been away on business and been doing some stuff for Produno's GoT Mod. If I do choose to go down the path of execution (which I personally think will satisfy most people) then I'm thinking about creating an event where Tywin declares himself King of the Rock and all the crownlands that where sworn to Kings Landing end up staying in the Westerlands under Tywin as they had been before the execution, only thing that would change is the name of the faction from The Westerlands to the Kingdom of the Rock. This also presents another problem in Jaime Lannister, I have him as a vassal of the Westerlands as during this time period he was leading armies for his father in the Riverlands but I think along w/ taking Kings Landing and the execution of Joffrey, Jaime will automatically loose his post on the Kingsguard which would allow whoever takes the capital to name their own Members. Of course this is all comming off the top of my head atm and i don't actually know how to implement any of this so the more knowledgeable people in M&B: Warband who have said I can ask them questions will be getting annoyed with my inexperience again, probably sometime after Easter.

anyway I hope that answers your question, I encourage people to present their ideas, what they would like to see, or some cool features they would like to see in the mod, I just can't promise that they will actually happen. As I'v stated in this thread I'm super green and have mostly no idea what I'm doing, I'm hoping someone with more knowledge about M&B:Warband will share in my vision for this version of a GoT mod and take the reigns but until that happens I can only tweak the module system I'm using in hopes that person/or persons comes along, I can come up w/ all the ideas in the world or make statements about GoT lore/or where I think lore can be tweaked to help make the mod interesting but I do not have the skills of Produno, Goldeagle, or even Cozur when it comes to actually making the mod. The reason I made this thread was in hopes of attracting like minded modders to form a team and create what I hope would rival the other GoT mods as I have gotten in a few debates, mainly in Cozurs thread, where people say "gee your pretty knowledgeable yourself about this stuff, why not make your own mod?" well it's actually not as simple as those people make it out to be, maybe for them it is, idk, but they aren't here offering to help either way. Some of whom have suggested I make a mod but when I asked to see if they would lead or join a team they replied with reasons such as they don't want to or have time to work on such a massive project atm, some never want to mod GoT again as they have tried in the past, and others simply don't have faith that this mod will come to fruition so they don't want to waste their time on it, they also seem to think taking the title of mod leader would mean they are doing all the work and despite my attempts to alleviate that concern as I will be working just as hard if not harder since I proposed to make the mod they still don't want to invest the time, some even gave the excuse to wait for bannerlords (which to the last of my knowledge there isn't even a release date for it but again I have been away the last few weeks so that may have changed).

again I hope I answered your question adequately,
-Azsouth

Back
Top Bottom