SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Docm30 said:
No trolls in multiplayer? that's the natural breeding-grounds for trolls.

Har har.

Windbusche said:
Epicrules said:
I doubt trolls and mumakil will make an appearance in multiplayer.
You can never be sure. I've seen Jarvisimo do some crazy stuff in the past :wink:
Seeing as trolls won't be playable for reasons previously stated, I doubt there would be any good way to include them in multiplayer.

Well the way I see it, if Mumakils are in MP, they don't have to be always on, or am I wrong. Like certain units in Napoleonic Wars on servers. I haven't played Warband MP so I might be wrong.
The same people that have fun on space grape stores in NW can have a blast with Mumakils either way, OP or not.

HoJu said:
Awesome. You're a real Codemaster, I think nobody has achieved something like that in Warband before.
Will the mount do damage to friendly troops aswell, kind of like the trolls in TLD? That would be good for balance forcing the player who uses mumakil to be more careful. Although, now that I think of it, it would be awful for the AI because it can't be careful and the beast would smash half of the army.

And what about the "driver"? Where is he? I guess the riding animations don't fit at all with the mumakil model. Any thoughts on how to adress that?

can always set an option in camp menu "mumakil friendly fire on/off" ;P

I'm currently searching for better images showing these gondorian horses, especially their headgear and possible parts on their saddle/body.

GondorMilitary2.jpg

I only seem to find small images like these, help would be much appreciated.

Jarvisimo said:
O_O Nice one, Grandmaster!
Pfft those were mere test runs  :wink: Have a look at these! I apologise in advance for the number of photos I'm posting, but I cant help myself, these things look epic

Look really good at dusk
oliphauntl.jpg

oliphauntnr.jpg

Love this photo
capturesn.jpg

capture11n.jpg

capture9l.jpg

Close up of archers
capture4n.jpg

capture5i.jpg

Need some advice on the size however - bigger (and by how much) or not?

fuzzyballs01 said:
well I think they should be bigger, seeing as how horses could easily run underneath them in the movies, but whatever

who cares how big they are in the movies it all comes down to if its possible gameplay/engine wise

Gozzar said:
fuzzyballs01 said:
well I think they should be bigger, seeing as how horses could easily run underneath them in the movies, but whatever

who cares how big they are in the movies it all comes down to if its possible gameplay/engine wise

"but whatever"
I didn't force my ideas on anyone, I just SUGGESTED it

those mumakil look awesome!!! One question tough: you mentioned they will be slow, so they wont be able to charge or anything? For as far as I know, elephants can run pretty fast

These are the best I could find of gondorian horses. Hope they are of use.
Gondor_Knights_by_CesarLoco.jpg

sof0629mluz1.jpg

Thanks for the references, some more details are becoming clear but I still could use some bigger and clearer pictures.

Little something for your trouble anyway :wink: :

orcshilds.png
(models from the TLD mod, textures by me)

Also, progressing smoothly Baz!

Back
Top Bottom