SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

This is an interesting topic. Are Olog-Hai and Hill trolls the same type of troll? Or are they just similar because they can both withstand sunlight unlike all the others?

Muglos said:
This is an interesting topic. Are Olog-Hai and Hill trolls the same type of troll? Or are they just similar because they can both withstand sunlight unlike all the others?

Good question, I'm guessing they differ in intelligence. Olog-Hai are apparently bred in Mordor to be superior than their counterparts. Although I found this - Since the "hill-trolls" of Gorgoroth that fought in the Battle of the Morannon could also withstand sunlight, these are taken to be the Olog-hai of Appendix F. So what you think are hill trolls could actually be Olog-Hai lol.

Found this mod a few days ago after a massive yearning for LOTR related stuff after seeing the Hobbit. It looks like you guys are doing a fantastic job so far--I even wanted to start my own LOTR mod since I love Warband so much, but I'd rather help out with this one anyway I can. I am kind of bummed though there won't be dwarves or elves in the game initially. However, I'd be more than willing to help bring them into the fold when the time comes.

So if there's any tasks, big or small, you need help with Jarv I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Shurite said:
Found this mod a few days ago after a massive yearning for LOTR related stuff after seeing the Hobbit. It looks like you guys are doing a fantastic job so far--I even wanted to start my own LOTR mod since I love Warband so much, but I'd rather help out with this one anyway I can. I am kind of bummed though there won't be dwarves or elves in the game initially. However, I'd be more than willing to help bring them into the fold when the time comes.

So if there's any tasks, big or small, you need help with Jarv I'd be happy to lend a hand.
Does he have your sword?

BacCompany3 said:
Does he have your sword?

He has my axe!

Jarvisimo said:
What can you do? :p
Well, I'm fairly new with M&B coding but I'm still trying to learn. I can do anything needed for 2D assets and I've dabbled in 3D before. I'm somewhat of an artist and a writer, I can help with dialogue and quests or what not. I could probably help with the in-game map if need be. If there's something specific you need done I can see if I can help.

I'm a LOTR junkie above all and this mod needs to get completed.

Hmmm, try retexturing some M&B stuff. Don't forget bump and specular maps!
Perhaps if you ask nicely, Count will help you out, as that's his area of expertise. :p

Jarques said:
Do you guys know that TLD went open source and you can use all their graphics and sound/music assets now?

Jarvisimo said:
I'll be almost definitely stealing their map icons. :grin:
But their world map is redundant; ours is better. Much better. Not to mention it'd take me a week just to port their map to work in TVS.

I'll do Gondor's fiefdom units today.
Jarvisimo said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,258125.0.html

This is the Christmas present Merlkir was talking about. I'm glad I can finally tell you! (He swore me to secrecy :twisted:)
This should speed us up a little bit. Not too massively, as their stuff isn't of our quality, but some of their models, map icons and perhaps scripts (if I can adapt them to Warband) will help us out.

Thanks for your support, guys.

Replaying TLD, or, finishing it, really, and it got me thinking, will ent water be there? Will you actually grow taller? Will Isengard slowly decrease the size of Fangorn if you side with evil and Isengard is rolling okay? And rather important to me: will you guys, on the second release, make a small script to put small blood puddle meshes on the ground if a person dies, and it has, say, a 50 percent chance to appear? Blood is fun, and since it doesn't ALWAYS appear, won't be too laggy. Or, atleast, improve the blood texture that Warband applies to people automatically? Because by Eru, it looks like mud and would be quick to improve, I suppose.
Still, great mod, can't wait.

Beldroth said:
Found this mod few days ago...I've read all pages and got some questions

1.will there be companions?
if yes - will they be different for each race?
Yes, there will be companions. They will come in the form of members of the Fellowship, and other 'hero' characters from Middle Earth. I'm not sure how I'll make them stay in 'Good' cities. There might be a way to alter the dialog options for different races. If there is no way, I'll not include Companions.

2.Will There be Mearas? if yes for whom? only highest rank Rohhirims?
Nope.

Beregond_pippin.jpg
Will we meet/recruit  (as companion, BTW i don't like this idea to have Captain of the white company in party) Beregond, I really like that character  :grin:
Possibly, see my comment on companions above. I really love Beregond too!

4.Will there be Bersekers in Isengard army?
No idea, yet.

Also i have/can get easily some pictures and info about armies of Middle-Earth, but i guess You don't need anything for this moment :?:
If you have anything that you think would be useful or interesting, please feel free to post it right here!

P.S i forgot to say how awesome this mod looks , because  it has been said hundreds of times :razz:
Thank you very much! :smile:

5.Will there be anything like tournaments?
Probably not.

6.How will be banners? is it possible to give castels faction banners instead of its owner? that would be much better in my opinion
Yes, it's possible. I Don't know yet, though.

Just give all the lords in same faction the same banner and the Castle/town banner "issue" is solved :smile: Maybe it's a bit boring but it is an easy solution I think.

Back
Top Bottom