SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, his laptop can't handle WB so he can't test it (even though he has us beta testers waiting for a new version for a long time already... Wink wink Jarvy) so he needs a new PC which can handle WB and while he's at it also other games.

Yeah, I could build something kinda crappy for £350, but then, I could build an awesome one for £550, so I thought for the £200 difference it'd be worth popping the question to you guys. And it has! Because prepare for double post!

Wow, guys.

I mentioned only a few days ago on our forum that I was short on the old dough due to my laptop giving in and dying. I needed a computer and fast, but didn't have the money.

YOUR RESPONSE WAS AMAZING. TRULY.

In the last week, you guys have raised almost £350! Honestly, the generosity of you all has been astounding and has saved my ass, as well as the mod's.

Seeing as I already have £200, I am proud to say that I can now afford to buy the parts of the new PC!

Thank you so much guys! Expect gameplay videos of TVS in the next weeks alongside more previews than you can ever imagine! It's the least I can do in return.

Thank you to all those who donated. I won't mention names because I understand some people won't want to, but please feel free to post here if you did so I can thank you publicly.

Ahhhhhh **** it.

By way of thanks, The Veiled Stars: Men of the West Open Beta will be released on the 5th February 2014.

Let me make clear now that I set this not as a release date, but it allows me enough time to make the mod decently playable before I release the development build. The release of this open test version will allow me to gather a list of unfinished things, bugs, glitches, problems etc from the public.

Subsequently from the release, I will upload a new version of the mod every week until it is completed, whenever that may be.

Warning: The mod, in its state on the 5th February, is not a representation of how it will end up. You may be very disappointed. It is merely a very early development build. I intend to continue developing the mod alongside the help of its fans and supporters who have already helped so much through their kind donations.

List of major features which will be in the mod by the first development release:

1. Huge campaign map to play on, with properly named and placed settlements with custom map icons. Campaign map textures have been completely revamped.
2. Four factions: Gondor, Isengard, Mordor and Rohan.
3. Raider parties such as Haradrim, Goblins and Orc bands are available to be challenged in the early game. They are allied with evil factions.
4. Rangers patrol Middle Earth, allied with the good factions.
5. New races: Orcs, Uruk-Hai, Goblins.
6. A vast amount of weapons and armours to equip yourself.
7. Begin the game as a captain of the good factions. You can swear vassalage to either faction at the beginning of the game, or continue as a lone wolf, slaying the enemies of men wherever you go.
8. Completely new troop trees for all factions, including all troops with unique styles and equipments.
9. PLENTY of action. Seriously, the border between Gondor and Mordor on the Anduin is really fun to play - take it from me. Cair Andros is a slaughter ground.
10. New mercenaries.
11. New companions (though some of their dialogs might be Native)
12. New lords and their equipment.
13. Nazgul of Mordor are RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOWERED MWAHAHA
14. New animations.
15. New ground textures.
16. Polished Landscapes (with LOD's, so not as much performance loss from this).
17. New UI

More will be added to this list as I think of them.

Here are a list of major features which are planned, but will not be added at the time of release:

1. Custom settlement scenes
2. Ents
3. Trolls
4. Many dialogues and conversations will be still Native
5. Some Native items may have escaped my culling.
6. NPC's still look, facially, like their Native counterparts.

More will be added to this list as I think of them.

Until the 5th February, my time will be spent building the new computer, and ensuring the mod is as enjoyable as I can.

I hope that despite the mod being released in an unfinished state for the time being, you still have fun with it and are able to continue supporting the development by feeding back directly to me!

Have a great January guys!

To discuss the open beta and such like in more detail, a new board has been created on our forum dedicated to it. Join in the discussions there!

The Veiled Stars Open Beta board

Thanks everyone.

So-It-Begins.gif

Will you include the Minas Tirith Interior I made for you?

P.S. How about Mumaks? Did La Grandmaster send you his code? Can we hope to see them in a future?

Back
Top Bottom