SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks, I've never been the best at modelling so they aren't brilliant :3
I often find that Rohan swords do have very broad blades, I was quite proud of them personally!

Honestly, I think they're awesome for Rohan blades. They do indeed have a bit more broad blades than others. If any of them are a bit too broad it might be the bottom one.

Jarvisimo said:
Thanks, I've never been the best at modelling so they aren't brilliant :3
I often find that Rohan swords do have very broad blades, I was quite proud of them personally!

Well, they do look very good and I imagine a Rohan conscript or something wielding these.

Yeah. I was going for the kind of rustic, worn and damaged look, like in this scene:
aragorn02_lrg.jpg

Jarv, is the latest version up for download? You didn't answer on page 14 so i felt like I should ask again :razz: I wanna give you more feedback  :grin:

Jarvisimo said:
Alright, internet's fixed. Here are some Rohan weapons I was working on whilst it was down.
You'll also get gameplay previews (of game menus, fonts, stuff like that of which I've made LOADS of progress) once I've fixed a particularly annoying and persistent compile error.

C9TXi.png

3gQWB.png

Hmm, no offense, but i think they look kind of (stonish) ? like stone?

I like the handle though.

ps: Got any chance to ready my message?

Quick crit of the swords, the blade looks incredibly worn down giving it that rustic stone look, may i suggest finding a different texture for that. Also the cross guard looks very thin on the first 3 weapons from the top down, and the blades are way too thick(might as well make them very long meat cleavers), and the texture for the grip and pommel looks like rope, they should look like leather(handle) and metal(pommel)

To help you i have found these images for guidance, i hope they help.

legolas7.jpg

274719645990947956_ZrX4k1T5_b.jpg

about the balrog thing it was said in a book (don't know witch one) it was one of the maria and could only be kild by one of equal power and rank like gandalf the grey :eek:

Volkonski said:
Quick crit of the swords, the blade looks incredibly worn down giving it that rustic stone look, may i suggest finding a different texture for that. Also the cross guard looks very thin on the first 3 weapons from the top down, and the blades are way too thick(might as well make them very long meat cleavers), and the texture for the grip and pommel looks like rope, they should look like leather(handle) and metal(pommel)

legolas7.jpg

I guess they will help in modelling the nobleman swords but these are for conscripts, poor farmers etc.

NoobLord said:
Volkonski said:

legolas7.jpg

I guess they will help in modelling the nobleman swords but these are for conscripts, poor farmers etc.
The first image i supplied is that of a common Rohan sword.

Back
Top Bottom