SP Native [WB] The Stone Wall Project 0.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Gamanek

Recruit
[size=12pt]Alexander the Great and Hephaiston? Evagrius and Tir? Following the footsteps of Sappho? Enjoy your freedom of love!

Lafond_Sappho_and_Homer.jpg

This is an ongoing project of overhauling a bit the romance system to make it a little more interesting. Some lords will react to your fascinating charm of a rebel and gutty man, and some ladies will inexcusably fall in love with a fellow Queen... but what if some are against it? What if the dark times which gloom on your sexuality weight more than a simple "I'm not interested"?
ATTENTION: This is my first ever modding attempt at Mount&Blade and it's NOT FINAL. The final project will include some lords/ladies open to same-sex relationship and others who will consider you a demon, and may even wage war for this, especially if you'll succeed on proclaiming that Queen/Queen or King/king DEMONIC LAND! Who knows.
This is an ongoing project and therefore there is virtually no end to what can be made, but the final product aspires to be a very real representation of homosexuality in Middle Ages.

For this and other things, we're searching for spirited people who would enjoy to give an hand...

Updating schedule: uncertain, unstable, as for the moment I am alone in developing this and I'm quite busy. Following, a rough TODO List:

- neutral sentences and no checks for proposals
- make it so that only some NPCs will respond to the proposal
- make some NPCs get angry with a proposal (lost relationship points)
----------------------
Other things TODO (not priorities, but very cool features which would greatly extend this mod coolness)
- giving NPCs a starting sexuality when created (various ways to do this: adding a sexuality variable flaggable, similar to the personality one which is choosen when the game spawns the character, or by adding personalities to the list, copying already existing personalities and adding the gay setting)
- make some lords react to a successful relationship (fathers/relatives angry or happy and other lords violent or benevolent)
- adding a unique faction, hidden at start, which spawns when a gay marriage is being arranged: it will wage war against yor, or threaten your villages/properties.

Download links:
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=469379064
ModdB (awaiting confirmation):

Very keen to see where this goes. Might be interested in weaving what you do into my own mod, and exploring Diplomacy compatibility. :grin:

Since I'm just starting out with the modding tools, for now the goal is to achieve something in Native, adding compatibility with Diplomacy (maybe also Expanded Native?) later :mrgreen: for now, it's a personal achievement to hit a start on this project :party:

P.S. for any unexpected behaviour (including typos) report here or on the Steam Workshop page!

Froi said:
I guess this is a good mod to commemorate gay marriage being legalized in all 50 states today.

Oh, woah, I didn't really know about this, I'm honest :mrgreen: anyway, the train has started, I just hope to be able to let it steam until the end! :party:

Actually, I've encountered a curious thing.

Since I'm under exams, I've got little time to play Mount&Blade and for what I can, I'm bugtesting my own version.
Does Diplomacy 4.2/4.3 allow for same-sex relationships? 'cause I've found these:

Code:
(try_begin),
       (eq, ":bride_is_woman", 0),
       (neq, ":groom_is_woman", 0),#Don't bother reversing if both are male
       (assign, reg0, "$g_wedding_bride_troop"),
       (assign, "$g_wedding_bride_troop", "$g_wedding_groom_troop"),
       (assign, "$g_wedding_groom_troop", reg0),
	 (else_try),
	   #If it's a same-sex wedding, put the player in the role of the groom.
	   (eq, ":bride_is_woman", ":groom_is_woman"),
	   (eq, "$g_wedding_bride_troop", "trp_player"),
	   (assign, "$g_wedding_bride_troop", "$g_wedding_groom_troop"),
	   (assign, "$g_wedding_groom_troop", "trp_player"),
     (try_end),

And since I've not played Diplomacy, I don't know if it's a special handler, a common thing or what. If you can shine a light on me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ghostblade4802 said:
I don't believe you can do that in Diplomacy, or at least, I can't find any way to do it. :/

I see... have you tested it enough to be sure about this? I'd like to know if I can make a quick fix to it, before working on the main project (it would be surely cool to integrate Diplomacy into this mod) and having found the code for a same-sex marriage, it looks like it was planned?

I'm hitting a dead end here. I've managed to allow relationship between 2 males and 2 females, but I've got a lot of problems when asking to "cement a lasting alliance". Right now the code looks like this, concerning this fact:

Code:
     [anyone,"lord_talk_ask_marriage_1", [
    (assign, "$marriage_candidate", -1),
	(try_begin),
		(try_for_range, ":lady", kingdom_ladies_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_spouse, -1),
			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_betrothed, -1),
			(call_script, "script_get_kingdom_lady_social_determinants", ":lady"),

(eq, reg0, "$g_talk_troop"),

(call_script, "script_troop_get_family_relation_to_troop", ":lady", "$g_talk_troop"),
			(assign, "$marriage_candidate", ":lady"),
			(str_store_troop_name, s14, "$marriage_candidate"),

(str_store_string, s15, "str_it_is_our_custom_to_seal_any_such_alliances_with_marriage_and_in_fact_we_have_been_looking_for_a_suitable_groom_for_my_s11_s14"),
        (else_try),
    (troop_get_type, ":is_female", "trp_player"),
		(eq, ":is_female", 0),
		(try_for_range, ":lady", kingdom_ladies_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_spouse, -1),
			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_betrothed, -1),
			(call_script, "script_get_kingdom_lady_social_determinants", ":lady"),

(eq, reg0, "$g_talk_troop"),

(call_script, "script_troop_get_family_relation_to_troop", ":lady", "$g_talk_troop"),
			(assign, "$marriage_candidate", ":lady"),
			(str_store_troop_name, s14, "$marriage_candidate"),

(str_store_string, s15, "str_it_is_our_custom_to_seal_any_such_alliances_with_marriage_and_in_fact_we_have_been_looking_for_a_suitable_groom_for_my_s11_s14"),
		(try_end),
	(try_end),
	(eq, "$marriage_candidate", -1),
  ],
   "It is our custom to seal any such alliances with marriage. Unfortunately, no one in my household is eligible to wed.",
   "lord_pretalk",[
   ]],

Apart from the double try, which is there because I want to make both ladies and lords appear on the list, what's the real problem is that I can get to ask as a female the kingdom ladies list, but it always gives me back the "unfortunately,there is no eligible wed"... can someone stretch out an hand? I'm terribly confused, mostly 'cause I don't get how to change a script behaviour: how to create a check for personality in this case?

I can't find anything concerning personalities check.

Bump. Still no solutions, even though I've searched literally ANYTHING. Why there isn't a tutorial for setting up a new personality? It's not an easy task.

Gamanek said:
Why there isn't a tutorial for setting up a new personality? It's not an easy task.

I take it you don't mean http://www.mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Official_Module_System_Documentation:_Part_04#4.2_--_Personality

Bump! Seriously, we could use a little guidance here.

This mod is awesome. I always wished the romance in the single player was a little more uhhh developed aside from reciting stupid poetry and endlessly bashing people into the ground at tourneys. Although I don't particularly fancy a same sex relationship in a game with my character, I would love to see a plot twist caused by a homosexual relationship. Perhaps a rumor system where you can exploit people's secrets to blackmail, gain favor from other people, or turn people against each other.

Keep up the great work! I think this mod is longly needed and is a great response after same sex marriage rights getting passed in the states!

Has anyone else noticed that no matter what mod thread you go through, Froi will always be there?

Good luck with the mod, by the way!

Lol. Thanks guys. We'll figure it out.

Slytacular, we've got plenty on our plate for now just making same sex romance work in a way that is satisfying (or, as satisfying as straight romance). We might improve the romance system a bit (in which case, we'll give the same love to heteros :wink: ). And we'll be adding what are functionally homophobic bandit parties.

But anything more complex will likely have to wait for Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom