SP Fantasy [WB] The Realms of Fire and Blood

Best answers
0




Expected Mod Release: TBA

The Realms of Fire and Blood is a mod for Mount & Blade: Warband based on the universe created by the American Fantasy novelist George R. R. Martin, best known for the novel series, "A Song of Ice and Fire." The mod is largely based on the novel, "A World of Ice and Fire" and a very small portion of the novel, "Fire and Blood", both by George R. R. Martin.




Concept


Set long before the time of the epic Game of Thrones, 4,699 years before the time when Valyrian Dragonlord Aegon Targaryen took the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and became King of the Iron Throne, before there was even an Iron Throne. This is set during the Age of Valyria. The Fifth Giscari War had just ended in Essos, and 2,000 years ago, the Andals fearing that Andalos may be the next conquered city by the Valyrian's and their dragons, as well as the slavery that would have followed - The Andals fled Essos and landed in the Vale in Westeros, and thus began the Andals Invasion of Westeros. Now the Andals are a powered to be reckoned with, currently in the middle of their Conquest of Westeros. Many Kingdoms are fighting them, as well as fighting amongst themselves.

This is a time when the Seven Kingdoms we're nothing more than dozens and dozens of Houses, all bickering for control of their territories. Explore all those kingdoms, or journey over to Essos and see all the Dragonlords of the Valyrian Freehold, even House Targaryen, whom is considered to be of minor influence.

The Realms of Fire and Blood is an intense world that is full of political intrigue, treachery and mutinous Kings, Lords and Nobility. What will you do? Will you swear your allegiance to your Liege Lord as their Bannerman, to serve whenever called upon? Or will you take your own Kingdom, creating a dynasty to last the test of time? The time to choose is now!

We wish you good fortune in the wars to come!
Staff Team

Cesilia Targaryen - Lead Developer and Administrator
Blaziken - Developer
PrinceSalt - Content Modeler
Renly Baratheon - Lead Storyteller and LoreMaster
Kristxn - Lore Researcher
SirDawdle - Lore Researcher
Connect With Us

F.A.Q.

[Q01] Will there actually be 100 Kingdoms?
[A] We're starting in the year 4,699 BC, so if House Mudd was around then, yeah. There will be pretty close to 100 Kingdoms.

[Q02] Does the Warband Engine even support having 100 factions?
[A] Yes, it does.

[Q03] Why not just wait for Bannerlord to be released and then make your mod for that?
[A] I'm not going to hold my breath since it was supposed to be released last decade. Tis mod will continue for Warband.

[Q04] Will Old Valyria be in this mod?
[A] Yes, although, it will be called Valyria, not Old Valyria.

[Q05] When will this mod be released?
[A] Release Date is TBA, currently.

[Q06] Will Dragons be in this mod?
[A] Difficult to answer. It is unclear whether dragons will be included as units, or if they will only be used in a roleplaying/story role. Only time will tell.

[Q07] How many factions are you planning on adding?
[A] A lot! The exact number is not yet known.

[Q08] Are you basing this mod on the Age of Petty Kings that was released as a mod for Medieval 2 Total War?
[A] No, I do not even know what that mod is about, or what its contents is.

[Q09] Will you be able to create your own settlements?
[A] Hmm, now this is an interesting concept. I'll have to add it to the list of things to look into.

[Q10] Will factions be kingdoms or houses?
[A] A little bit of both, it's kind of a mix between the two. But there will be a lot of factions. i.e. The Andals will have 7 different factions.



Volunteer(s) Help Wanted

Here we will periodically place positions on the team that are open or jobs that have not been finished. As we are a community based modification, the continued support of the community is one of our greatest assets, and will continue to be so. Contact Cesilia on Discord if you are interested in helping at: Cesilia#0146

Open Positions

- Artists

- Coders
- Modelers
- Scene Designers
- Texturers

 

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
0
I don't mean to sound critical, but except from research, can you guys do any other stuff? What I mean is, there are already 2 very good and well-developed ASoIaF mods out there. Apart from an idea, a concept(which admittedly sounds cool) and 3 researchers, what do you have, how your mod will shine? Again, please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to appear rude or anything, it's just that every position of the guys actually making a mod is open.

On a sidenote, you REALLY don't want to have 100 factions. Not even 50. A ton of work, if doable, and just the amount of the parties on the map, the mass of scripts running and all that would make the mod unplayable.
 

Garedyr

Master Knight
WBVC
Best answers
0
Antonis said:
I don't mean to sound critical, but except from research, can you guys do any other stuff? What I mean is, there are already 2 very good and well-developed ASoIaF mods out there. Apart from an idea, a concept(which admittedly sounds cool) and 3 researchers, what do you have, how your mod will shine? Again, please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to appear rude or anything, it's just that every position of the guys actually making a mod is open.

On a sidenote, you REALLY don't want to have 100 factions. Not even 50. A ton of work, if doable, and just the amount of the parties on the map, the mass of scripts running and all that would make the mod unplayable.
 
Best answers
0
Antonis said:
I don't mean to sound critical, but except from research, can you guys do any other stuff? What I mean is, there are already 2 very good and well-developed ASoIaF mods out there. Apart from an idea, a concept(which admittedly sounds cool) and 3 researchers, what do you have, how your mod will shine? Again, please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to appear rude or anything, it's just that every position of the guys actually making a mod is open.

On a sidenote, you REALLY don't want to have 100 factions. Not even 50. A ton of work, if doable, and just the amount of the parties on the map, the mass of scripts running and all that would make the mod unplayable.
Heya.  I'm a Developer, and I can do textures, and limited modeling.  What I can't do, I can certainly figure out.  I don't take you as rude or anything other than constructive criticism, and for that, I thank you.  The only way we learn is by making mistakes and learning from them. I have been writing code for years, however, I am new to modding, so I'm sure I'll make loads of mistakes, but that just means I'll be learning a lot.  As far as the open positions, I including Coders/Developers because it would be nice for someone in addition to me, but not completely necessary. :smile:

I appreciate your wisdom on the factions and scripts.  The factions are estimated as the exact number hasn't been determined.  But, I'll definitely keep your advise in mind when making that decision.

Thanks for the comments, and I wish you good fortunes in the modding to come. :smile:

~ Cesilia Targaryen
 

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
0
Heh, thanks for the good wishes, but I retired from -public- modding some time ago, for the foreseeable future, at least.

It's really good that you can code, especially when you're (I assume) the project leader/coordinator. If you guys don't already know about it, there's a huge russian Open Source pack with Westeros stuff. It has pretty much all Stark, Westerlands and Dorne equipment, horses, you name it. Should serve as a good resource pool.
 
Best answers
0
Antonis said:
Heh, thanks for the good wishes, but I retired from -public- modding some time ago, for the foreseeable future, at least.

It's really good that you can code, especially when you're (I assume) the project leader/coordinator. If you guys don't already know about it, there's a huge russian Open Source pack with Westeros stuff. It has pretty much all Stark, Westerlands and Dorne equipment, horses, you name it. Should serve as a good resource pool.
Thats awesome!  Do you mind posting a link for me?
 
Best answers
0
Thank you for the link.  I've seen that map before, it's not bad.  We got permission from another mod to use a map, so thats what I'm using as a base, and then modifying for our needs.
 

gokiller

Count
WBWF&SM&BVCNW
Best answers
0
I'm going to be honest and say that I'm a bit skeptical, seeing the amount of work you're putting on your plate with all those factions. But, you're enthusiasm is recommendable and if you manage to pull this off you have my deepest respect!

In any case, best of luck with your project! Keep us updated on the progress! :smile:
 
Best answers
0
gokiller said:
I'm going to be honest and say that I'm a bit skeptical, seeing the amount of work you're putting on your plate with all those factions. But, you're enthusiasm is recommendable and if you manage to pull this off you have my deepest respect!

In any case, best of luck with your project! Keep us updated on the progress! :smile:
I like to keep busy. hehe.  Thank you so much for the encouragement.  Like I am extremely passionate about this, and it helps seeing all the nice messages from other people in the modding community. :smile:
 

Dj_FRedy

Duke
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
14
For the amount of reserved messages I think they are willing, at least, to try.
We all know, in these forums, how complicated it is to take a project forward, there is a considerable number of them buried right here, under the tullo ... forgive us if we do not have much confidence in one of such size, but is that it has been shouted too many times that the wolf is coming and we no longer believe it. Let's hope that this time the wolf comes for real. Good luck with your project.  :wink:
 

Garedyr

Master Knight
WBVC
Best answers
0
Dj_FRedy said:
For the amount of reserved messages I think they are willing, at least, to try.
We all know, in these forums, how complicated it is to take a project forward, there is a considerable number of them buried right here, under the tullo ... forgive us if we do not have much confidence in one of such size, but is that it has been shouted too many times that the wolf is coming and we no longer believe it. Let's hope that this time the wolf comes for real. Good luck with your project.  :wink: