Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Some other post apocalyptic title

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

THE OFFICE

This is a mod without any historical context.  The factions are created based on stereotypes and modern political conflicts.  All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental :smile: 

Factions:

Professionals Syndicate: Led by doctors, lawyers and a variety of businessmen the Professionals Syndicate believes it can solve the worlds problems with education and money. They originally intended to use hired soldiers to control and expand their lands but soon found that they could not find enough mercenaries to accomplish such task. They currently use civilian office workers to fill up the rest of their ranks and are finding it difficult to make head way against their opponents.

Blue Collar Coalition: Tired of the many years of manual labor under the thumb of the rich the Blue Collar Coalition brings in all of the laborers throughout the land to in an attempt to build a new home where all are equal.  Steel workers, builders, carpenters, electricians and many others have flocked to the call.

United Farmworkers: Ranchers, farmers and the like joined together because of their similar lifestyle and beliefs. Tough life styles and familiarity with firearms has made them a tough group.

Executives: Politicians, police chiefs, and the high and mighty have gathered their resources in order to create their own empire. They use the old police forces, and any citizen that hasn't left for another faction for their army.  Because of their fame and resources the Executives have the strongest army and are also the most hated.

Advocates of Liberty:  In an attempt to build a Utopia these liberal activists fled to the west mountains to be at peace and avoid an overly bloody confrontation. They advocate equality and equal opportunity for all.

Bushwhackers: Backwoodsmen, and survivalists the Bushwhackers are machete wielding and fierce some warriors that believe most problems can be solved with gun powder and steel.   

Bandits:

East City Outfit: Organized crime family.
Icefolk Brotherhood: Group of snow cave dwelling survivalists.
Sand Cartel: Drug dealing sand men often carrying their product with them.
Rogue Hunters: Robbers and extortionists wielding old muskets and hunting bows.
Westside Gang: Crime ring of the West.
Red Dragons: A tightly knit group of thieves and racketeers.

Infected Horde: A group of compulsion driven men that are led by what are called reapers. Their only purpose is to conquer and destroy all of the landscape. 

Progress:
All of the faction troops have been finished and some game components have been implemented. I'm not sure where else to go with the mod but I'm open for ideas. I'm a lone modder but I've used a lot of OSP resources. I decided to make this mod when The Reckoning went OSP.  I felt it was a tragedy that all of those resources were going to go to waste and wanted to use them in a semi-serious mod. 

Some components of the MOD:
1: The Barracks; it can be built in any town or castle after conquering one just like a messenger post etc. The barracks trains soldiers and adds them to your garrison every three days.  I feel this will help with the later portion of the game by helping you raise very large armies of trained men.

2: New Character Quests: Trading drugs for soldiers or trapping Reapers for small fortunes, or unique items. I'm trying to create a different way to play the game while leaving the original tasks and missions available to you. It will still have a Warband feel but with a strange coating.

3: Infected hordes are slowly conquering the map and you can choose to just avoid them or try and stop the apocalypse.

4: I've added the Book of the Dead which allows you to infect prisoners in your party and use them against your enemies.

5: 1-4 are implemented and I'd like to add a bunch of Easter eggs to the game and polish up some bugs before releasing this mod.
Some random images:
citizens.png
[/url]

[/img]

Credits:

Shredzorz - brilliant lifeless osp pack
-IYI-O-R-T- - steampunk pack

NaglFaar - Modern scene props
Johao - tavern props
Renkoo - dutch buildings (retextured by me)

Lucke189 - for his beautiful ww1 weapons
Dain Ironfoot - 18th century uniforms (retextured by me)
HokieBT - clothing (completely redone/retextured)
Moss - minimalist hud

barf - female face meshes & textures
Iboltax - male faces
Jaymosuke  - new hairs

xenoargh - various things from blood and steel osp

Colonel_Ryan - CMW OSP

and of course la Grandmaster, thank you very much!

You should use custom map in normal battles, the mod looks interesting and I want to play it. But battling in a ****ty generated forest/plain is just a pain to the arse. Especially because the mod is in a modern setting. A battle scene with road and stuff will be a nice addition, regardless it's just my opinion. Goodluck!

I think sieges and village fights will be in areas where there will be plenty of cover and buildings but open world battles will still be random maps.  When you play the game you'll see how the feel of battles are, and how it is actually pretty well balanced to the point where you'll still engage in melee but use guns as well.

I might throw in some maps that have tons of cover with roads and buildings and that can come up randomly in open field battles, thanks for the post! (at first I was thinking the same thing so I tried to add a road, light posts, barriers and barrels into random maps, I can't get them to stick to the ground like the randomly generated trees, if someone knows how to do this that would be great.  As cool as it is to have a floating car or telephone pole in battle I think it would be better to have it on the ground.

Where are the credits?
Grandmaster/Reckoning said:
Various people have asked if they could use some of the features of this mod in their own mods, and so far I haven't really allowed it (apart from in a clash of kings), but my modding time is limited now a days, and as such I have decided to release everything in the mod as OSP. That includes all art assets and coding features. If you wish to use anything in the mod their is only one thing I ask, that you credit me, or the respective authors of the work. I am well aware that it is often not always obvious who created what in the mod so the safest option would be to simply copy and paste the credits list for the mod. Also it would interest me if you could pm me or post it here to let me know what project you are using the content in.

CutContent said:
Is every single model and texture in this mod from The Reckoning?

No I have used some other OSP resources but I'll probably wait till I actually release the mod to finish my credits.  I'm a coder not a modeler so I have to borrow OSPs:sad: The main point of this mod is to use some of the cool resources that are from an unfinished but awesome mod(The Reckoning).

CutContent said:
^^^ Judging from your screenshots your mod is entirely based on the Reckoning OSP. You should really credit LaGrandmaster
I was planning on it, thanks for the reminder though. I'm using models and textures but not its module system, I'm using a fresh one so that it is less broken.

MadVader said:
Where are the credits?
Grandmaster/Reckoning said:
Various people have asked if they could use some of the features of this mod in their own mods, and so far I haven't really allowed it (apart from in a clash of kings), but my modding time is limited now a days, and as such I have decided to release everything in the mod as OSP. That includes all art assets and coding features. If you wish to use anything in the mod their is only one thing I ask, that you credit me, or the respective authors of the work. I am well aware that it is often not always obvious who created what in the mod so the safest option would be to simply copy and paste the credits list for the mod. Also it would interest me if you could pm me or post it here to let me know what project you are using the content in.
I posted them, thanks for the reminder. 

You should consider changing the vegetation appearance of your mod. The vegetation in vanilla looks like utter crap. The low quality vanilla vegetation in contrast to LaGrandmaster's high polied detailed model's wont look good. maybe you can use the Polished Landscapes OSP?

EDIT: Only a simple recoloring of the vegetation with new terrain borders would look better too and help get the atmosphere you want for your mod

CutContent said:
You should consider changing the vegetation appearance of your mod. The vegetation in vanilla looks like utter crap. The low quality vanilla vegetation in contrast to LaGrandmaster's high polied detailed model's wont look good. maybe you can use the Polished Landscapes OSP?

EDIT: Only a simple recoloring of the vegetation with new terrain borders would look better too and help get the atmosphere you want for your mod
Okay thanks.

Back
Top Bottom