MP Medieval [WB] The Middle Ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apsod said:
Coco, if it were anyone else making this thread I would just think "Just another dream mod that will never be completed." But after seeing how you completed the overly impressive PvP gamemode for CSR, I have no doubts in this mod.

I am looking forward to one day creating a small army of farmer bots and commanding them to make money for me. This mod sounds truly awesome my friend!

Good luck to you and the other developers.

Thank you, I hope to see you again !

Apsod said:
Coco, if it were anyone else making this thread I would just think "Just another dream mod that will never be completed." But after seeing how you completed the overly impressive PvP gamemode for CSR, I have no doubts in this mod.

I am looking forward to one day creating a small army of farmer bots and commanding them to make money for me. This mod sounds truly awesome my friend!

Hell yeah!

I expect great things from this mod :grin:

Arthur_Pendragon said:
Apsod said:

Hell yeah!

I expect great things from this mod :grin:

I second the notion :grin:

CTCCoco said:
Aldric said:
I was actually thinking of modding a mod sharing a lot of those ideas.
So, if you do it, i see no point into doing double job.

Just a very last of questions, cause i'm interested.

1. Will you be able to form up bots in formation and such ? Will the bots repop on their own or do you have to buy them back ? Can you gear them as you want . Can you increase your troop levels ?
2. Can we set up a persistant faction system that also include XP for faction were long standing faction got bonus in game ?
3. How will people gain their XP ? will manual work will count in it or will you have to kills to earn XP ?
4. How the heraldic armour will be handled ?
5. Will faction would be some sort of "clans" or would people will be able to join them easily.
6. Do you intend the game to be "individual based" or more "cooperative" like.
7 If you can't loot directly armours, can you loot enemy weapons ?

1. Will you be able to form up bots in formation and such ? Can you gear them as you want? Can you increase your troop levels ? Formations ? Not planned at the moment, but you'll be able to make them to do specific task and follow you to the war. Yes, you'll be able to gear them as you want, but I have to test if a database with 100 customized npc's can handle this properly, but most likely yes. Troop levels? Probably in the future, not in the first released, to get better troops you'll need to have more Leadership skill.

2. Will the bots repop on their own or do you have to buy them back ? If a bot die you lost him forever and you'll have to buy him back.

3. How will people gain their XP ? will manual work will count in it or will you have to kills to earn XP ? You'll get XP every hour of gameplay or so, and you could get extra XP from your professions / subprofession, but most of XP is gameplay. There will be an anti-afk system to avoid be AFK many time.

4. Can we set up a persistant faction system that also include XP for faction were long standing faction got bonus in game ? That's like a suggestion, we could do that, yes, but please explain longer how it will work.

5. How the heraldic armour will be handled ? Like a normal armour, the blacksmith job will be able to craft them and it's up to the players to make use of it.

6. Will faction would be some sort of "clans" or would people will be able to join them easily. It's up to the faction leader. You'll be able to join a faction in mod website, restrictions will be similar to steam groups.

7. Do you intend the game to be "individual based" or more "cooperative" like. Cooperative, definitely.

8. If you can't loot directly armours, can you loot enemy weapons ? Yes, you can. We'll probably do some kind of damage system, so somone need to repair it in order to use it, for armors, but for weapons maybe as late feature.

Good ! We could work together designing the game, keep with suggestions and those things. It's good to see people interested in the mod.

Just a suggestion: you might add these questions and the ones answered above in a FAQ spoiler in the first page for all those seeking for more info about the mod.

DanyEle said:
Just a suggestion: you might add these questions and the ones answered above in a FAQ spoiler in the first page for all those seeking for more info about the mod.

It's already in the main page, as you can see hehe.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just wondering about the whole looting thing. If for example you shoot someone in the head and they die, will the body armour, gloves and boots still be damaged? Could there be some way of giving out the looted items depending on which bones were hit in a fight. Just a thought.

Slawtering said:
Just wondering about the whole looting thing. If for example you shoot someone in the head and they die, will the body armour, gloves and boots still be damaged? Could there be some way of giving out the looted items depending on which bones were hit in a fight. Just a thought.

Yes, that definitely will be a feature of the mod. In our last team discussion we think that it would be cool to have weapons, armor and tools damage, but to not annoying people we'll do it enough slow, like some weeks of use will need a reparation. About the direct damage by events like dead, that will be fast (it's logic), but as you say we'll add bone detection.

The first weekly update have been released, read it here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,273374.msg6530841.html#msg6530841

Next week, a new one.

How do you actually plan on making a playable server. If we look at the amount of players in a PW on a big map it just gets very laggy. Adding NPCs and buildable props etc would make it unplayable. Even on a standard server it starts getting laggy at a 100 people.

Av3ng3r said:
How do you actually plan on making a playable server. If we look at the amount of players in a PW on a big map it just gets very laggy. Adding NPCs and buildable props etc would make it unplayable. Even on a standard server it starts getting laggy at a 100 people.
Optimization and multi-server support. We have to do a stress test to set limits per server (of players, scene props and npc's), then add support to have more than 1 server in the same world, so you can have more than 1 server for your world. We'll need many people to do the stress test, but we'll do that when  the mod is near to an alpha release.

CTCCoco said:
Av3ng3r said:
Optimization and multi-server support. We have to do a stress test to set limits per server (of players, scene props and npc's), then add support to have more than 1 server in the same world, so you can have more than 1 server for your world. We'll need many people to do the stress test, but we'll do that when  the mod is near to an alpha release.

More than 1 server in the same world? Could you eleborate what you mean by this?

Av3ng3r said:
CTCCoco said:
Av3ng3r said:

More than 1 server in the same world? Could you eleborate what you mean by this?

For example, you could do two maps, one map in one server, and another map in another server, like they are in the same world. You'll be able to have the same database for both servers, so players will be able to play with the same characters in both servers, and you could also link the two maps (but players still will need to change server manually), like, if you are in the end of a road in one map, when you change to the other server map you'll be on the other side of the road.

It's not necessary to do with different maps, you could do the same with the same map but will look weird.

I hope you can understand me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom