MP Medieval [WB] The Middle Ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to make weekly updates, every Sunday. We could also release two updates in a week, but not forever. So this Sunday, the first update.

Would it be awesome this mod combinded with veiled stars mod we never had an lotr presistent mod i think it would get alot of attention

insane warrior said:
Would it be awesome this mod combinded with veiled stars mod we never had an lotr presistent mod i think it would get alot of attention
This is for persistent roleplaying, The Veiled Stars is completely different. It might be a good idea for a submod when it's released, but that's in the future.

This sounds a very ambitious project, and one I will definately be keeping my eye on. Having read the initial post, I'd presume as an option that you will provide the relevant assets required for a database to be hosted locally by the community/"server owner"?

Gishank said:
This sounds a very ambitious project, and one I will definately be keeping my eye on. Having read the initial post, I'd presume as an option that you will provide the relevant assets required for a database to be hosted locally by the community/"server owner"?

We are studying that possibility, so probably yes. What is sure that you'll be able to have a database hosted by us.

Also, the server management by the owner will be handled in the mod website, as well as some details of the players, everything is linked to the website.

Very interesting, i didn't know that a day/night cycle was possible to do.

I got question here.

1. How the respawn and respawn point would be handled ? Does a captured castle could change respawn point so
2. War system, did you intend to have capturable castle ? If so how do you intend to implement it ?
3. XP level. I saw the people gain their own XP ? Would they be able to respec easily ?  Would this be possible to have a XP level and upgrade for faction ( for exemple, worker faction with a passive bonus to all worker, and a fighter faction with +1STR or something )
4. I saw you intend it to be very open and customizable to server owner which is good. Would a global open world based on faction warfare would be possible in your mod ?
5. how do you plan to set up weapon crafting, would it be long to craft, let say a sword and a mail armor ?

Slave_Killer said:
Looks interesting, but I have a question. Will the bots keep doing their work even if there is nobody in the server?

Will the bots keep doing their work even if there is nobody in the server?

Yes, always. But if the bot dies, he won't respawn and you'll lost him.

Aldric said:
Very interesting, i didn't know that a day/night cycle was possible to do.

I got question here.

1. How the respawn and respawn point would be handled ? Does a captured castle could change respawn point so
2. War system, did you intend to have capturable castle ? If so how do you intend to implement it ?
3. XP level. I saw the people gain their own XP ? Would they be able to respec easily ?  Would this be possible to have a XP level and upgrade for faction ( for exemple, worker faction with a passive bonus to all worker, and a fighter faction with +1STR or something )
4. I saw you intend it to be very open and customizable to server owner which is good. Would a global open world based on faction warfare would be possible in your mod ?
5. how do you plan to set up weapon crafting, would it be long to craft, let say a sword and a mail armor ?

1. How the respawn and respawn point would be handled ? Does a captured castle could change respawn point so. Everything which is dynamic in the world (scene props, bots, players, deployed items) will spawn in the last position. The position is stored in the database permanently, so you'll always spawn in the last position you was. There is a default position for new players. If you die, by default you'll have a respawn in the main city, in a safer zone (at least in the first server of the mod, which will be designed by us, this is also up to the map of the server), but you also could set your house (if you have one) as respawn zone, as well as a castle if it's of your faction.

2. War system, did you intend to have capturable castle ? If so how do you intend to implement it ? Yes. It's not 100% designed yet, but the idea is to have open castle without nothing and then a strong faction could get that castle and improve it, like with better walls, security, bots guards, adding doors to close it, storing all necessary items, etc. In the beginning all castles will be empty and the players will need to take them, making a faction (factions are infinite).

3. XP level. I saw the people gain their own XP ? Would they be able to respec easily ?  Would this be possible to have a XP level and upgrade for faction ( for exemple, worker faction with a passive bonus to all worker, and a fighter faction with +1STR or something )  The XP / Level system is basically to know how old a character is playing the server, so some security checks could be done (like, if you are not level 3 you can't do some things, so it will be more secure for serious RP (server owners will be able to change this) ). You'll get some skill points when you level up, but you also can get skill points training specific things. Respec will be up to the server owner, they will be able to set the gold needed to respec the Skill points (there is no level respec, because it's to check how old are you, but the skill points yes).

4. I saw you intend it to be very open and customizable to server owner which is good. Would a global open world based on faction warfare would be possible in your mod ? If I understand your question, do you mean if you'll be able to do a server focus on faction warfare, with high resources and weapons, without many limits for players. If you mean that, yes. Server owners will be able to disable faction creation so they could design their would with specific faction and castles, then put high ammount of gold for players and high ammount of skills, so they don't need to train or work. So yes, definitely possible in the mod.

5. how do you plan to set up weapon crafting, would it be long to craft, let say a sword and a mail armor ? The crafting will be similar to Ultima Online, Minecraft or our old mod CSR. It's not the same as minecraft or UO, but similar. You'll need to be in the place you need to do something, then an interface will open where you can set from your bag (you will be able to store things in bags, with different sizes and styles). Books will tell you the recipes needed. Every item will have a different recipe, and every item will have a different skill level needed. Yes, it will take long because the mod is 100% Persistent, which means all your progress and everything else will be stored forever. We are also studying the possibility of adding crafting possibilities, which means you have X% chance to craft something successfully, depending of the craftable (it's a Mail Plate Armor, 60% chance, if it's some ugly gauntlets, 95% chance).

If you have more questions please ask, I will be adding those useful questions to a FAQ now :smile:

1. All items are persistant ? Can you kill someone and loot his body to take his belonging ?
2. What will be the death penality ?
3. Will there be a system to prevent fighting or will you be able to attack and hurt anyone.
4. Do you intend to have the traditional gap beetwen high leveled and low level in terms of character powers in combat ?
5. What will be the bots limit per players ? will there be a skill to increase that ? Will the server lag with so much bots ?

Aldric said:
1. All items are persistant ? Can you kill someone and loot his body to take his belonging ?
2. What will be the death penality ?
3. Will there be a system to prevent fighting or will you be able to attack and hurt anyone.
4. Do you intend to have the traditional gap beetwen high leveled and low level in terms of character powers in combat ?
5. What will be the bots limit per players ? will there be a skill to increase that ? Will the server lag with so much bots ?

1. All items are persistant ? Can you kill someone and loot his body to take his belonging ? Yes, definitely, but probably the armor will be replaced by a set of mats related to it, because it was damaged, or it will be a damaged armor that you need to fix in order to use it. We'll do a system so those things will be in the ground forever until someone pick up it. The idea is, nothing is destroyed but used by someone else some day.

2. What will be the death penality ?  Obviously, all you have equipped (bags, armor, weapons, items) will be lost, except the gold (you probably will get a penalty of gold, but not all gold). That's why you need to find a good place to store your items and gold, and there will be a strong support for that.

3. Will there be a system to prevent fighting or will you be able to attack and hurt anyone. This is another thing up to the server owner. Like I said, there will be an option to limit weapon usage by level if the server wants it, so if, for example, a player is less than level 3 he won't be able to hurt anyone or handle a strong weapon. We'll support protection and freedom at the same time.

4. Do you intend to have the traditional gap beetwen high leveled and low level in terms of character powers in combat ? I will do it that if you are a warrior you obviously have a notorious advantage, but I don't want him to be invincible. Obviously, your own skills playing Warband will be necessary too for combat.

5. What will be the bots limit per players ? will there be a skill to increase that ? Will the server lag with so much bots ? That's not 100% clear yet, but the idea is to make bots available only for a good ammount of gold, so not everybody have a bot. There will be a limit like 150 bots per server or more, depends of the testing results. So, if you are a king with a very strong faction you should be able to hire around 30 bots in order to protect your lands and castle properly, and do a persistent siege if you want with a camp. But a peasant, obviously won't be able to get more than 1 bot, because it will be a bit expensive and if the bot dies you'll lost it. Also, you probably need to maintain a daily payment or so for the bot, until he dies or you disband him. Only very rich people will have an army of bots. Yes, there will be a skill called Leadership which will allow you to hire better and more bots. About the lag, it depends on the server capacity. The bots uses like 0.5 a player CPU. A good server could be capable of handle 100-150 bots without many problems.

Very good questions, thank you !

I was actually thinking of modding a mod sharing a lot of those ideas.
So, if you do it, i see no point into doing double job.

Just a very last of questions, cause i'm interested.

1. Will you be able to form up bots in formation and such ? Will the bots repop on their own or do you have to buy them back ? Can you gear them as you want . Can you increase your troop levels ?
2. Can we set up a persistant faction system that also include XP for faction were long standing faction got bonus in game ?
3. How will people gain their XP ? will manual work will count in it or will you have to kills to earn XP ?
4. How the heraldic armour will be handled ?
5. Will faction would be some sort of "clans" or would people will be able to join them easily.
6. Do you intend the game to be "individual based" or more "cooperative" like.
7 If you can't loot directly armours, can you loot enemy weapons ?

Aldric said:
I was actually thinking of modding a mod sharing a lot of those ideas.
So, if you do it, i see no point into doing double job.

Just a very last of questions, cause i'm interested.

1. Will you be able to form up bots in formation and such ? Will the bots repop on their own or do you have to buy them back ? Can you gear them as you want . Can you increase your troop levels ?
2. Can we set up a persistant faction system that also include XP for faction were long standing faction got bonus in game ?
3. How will people gain their XP ? will manual work will count in it or will you have to kills to earn XP ?
4. How the heraldic armour will be handled ?
5. Will faction would be some sort of "clans" or would people will be able to join them easily.
6. Do you intend the game to be "individual based" or more "cooperative" like.
7 If you can't loot directly armours, can you loot enemy weapons ?

1. Will you be able to form up bots in formation and such ? Can you gear them as you want? Can you increase your troop levels ? Formations ? Not planned at the moment, but you'll be able to make them to do specific task and follow you to the war. Yes, you'll be able to gear them as you want, but I have to test if a database with 100 customized npc's can handle this properly, but most likely yes. Troop levels? Probably in the future, not in the first released, to get better troops you'll need to have more Leadership skill.

2. Will the bots repop on their own or do you have to buy them back ? If a bot die you lost him forever and you'll have to buy him back.

3. How will people gain their XP ? will manual work will count in it or will you have to kills to earn XP ? You'll get XP every hour of gameplay or so, and you could get extra XP from your professions / subprofession, but most of XP is gameplay. There will be an anti-afk system to avoid be AFK many time.

4. Can we set up a persistant faction system that also include XP for faction were long standing faction got bonus in game ? That's like a suggestion, we could do that, yes, but please explain longer how it will work.

5. How the heraldic armour will be handled ? Like a normal armour, the blacksmith job will be able to craft them and it's up to the players to make use of it.

6. Will faction would be some sort of "clans" or would people will be able to join them easily. It's up to the faction leader. You'll be able to join a faction in mod website, restrictions will be similar to steam groups.

7. Do you intend the game to be "individual based" or more "cooperative" like. Cooperative, definitely.

8. If you can't loot directly armours, can you loot enemy weapons ? Yes, you can. We'll probably do some kind of damage system, so somone need to repair it in order to use it, for armors, but for weapons maybe as late feature.

Good ! We could work together designing the game, keep with suggestions and those things. It's good to see people interested in the mod.

Coco, if it were anyone else making this thread I would just think "Just another dream mod that will never be completed." But after seeing how you completed the overly impressive PvP gamemode for CSR, I have no doubts in this mod.

I am looking forward to one day creating a small army of farmer bots and commanding them to make money for me. This mod sounds truly awesome my friend!

Good luck to you and the other developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom