MP Medieval [WB] The Middle Ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTCCoco said:
Av3ng3r said:
CTCCoco said:
Av3ng3r said:
How do you actually plan on making a playable server. If we look at the amount of players in a PW on a big map it just gets very laggy. Adding NPCs and buildable props etc would make it unplayable. Even on a standard server it starts getting laggy at a 100 people.
Optimization and multi-server support. We have to do a stress test to set limits per server (of players, scene props and npc's), then add support to have more than 1 server in the same world, so you can have more than 1 server for your world. We'll need many people to do the stress test, but we'll do that when  the mod is near to an alpha release.

More than 1 server in the same world? Could you eleborate what you mean by this?

For example, you could do two maps, one map in one server, and another map in another server, like they are in the same world. You'll be able to have the same database for both servers, so players will be able to play with the same characters in both servers, and you could also link the two maps (but players still will need to change server manually), like, if you are in the end of a road in one map, when you change to the other server map you'll be on the other side of the road.

It's not necessary to do with different maps, you could do the same with the same map but will look weird.

I hope you can understand me.

Yeah, it's clear now, thanks.

I'm currently seeking for people with experience in MMORPG/sandbox economy we are looking to make something realistic yet, simple enough for people to do. (comparatively to PW economy for example )
Send your steam by PM. So i can add you

This mod looks really nice. The community will surely appreciate how helpful you guys have been in quickly answering all questions and clearing out any doubts. I'll be following this closely.

Good luck  :wink:

After speaking with some mates i got some guide lines idea for the mod.

Economy :

You seems to want a "organic" economy based on people rather than on "invisible" merchant bots. The price of items would be decided by people interaction. That good.

Here what suggest.

- Player to player trade windows script : It should be simple, doable anywhere and allow goods/gold exchange. Any damage should take down the window to let the players defend.
- Trade stations : Players can come and put their goods on sales "Sell 5 wood for 500 " " Sell pick axe for 200"  and eventually, put "money offer for goods" "Want 5 wood for 1000 ". In order to have more organized and less messy marketplace where people can find offer and sales in a easy way.

All the goods and trade would be done by players
The main problem would be the gold. If you don't want automated saleers, there is no way to have an initial gold flow to let people use gold as a trade currency.
What we can do is to allow people to create gold, and make sure that low level workers got a basic salary.

- Castle owners ( lords ) will be able to organise a money minting industry, requring, gold extraction, blacksmithing gold bars, and minting gold.  It's would make a lot of money that would cover the cost of paying bots, gear, and players working for the castle.
- Cheap export stations. We will limit "off map" ressource export to the maximum, but raw ressources workers need some sort of way to get a initial sum of money to start of or to come back to the game when they are broke.
Cheap and limited export station, that would decrease price as more and more people use them, would allow the low level workers and outlaws to make some money even if they don't have access to the lord money.

Lords would obviously have a lot of cash, but there won't be any way of "heaven banking" so any time you die, you will all your gear and a part of your gold. Setting up a need for castle/town owned, protected banks for items and gold.
Let remember that players handle bank themselves, and bank can be looted by raiders or anyone with a seizable force. This is where the bots will attempt to defend it.

In a sandbox game like this, killing (especially weak players) is always more  fun than working. I'm not in favour of protecting people in admin bubble. What we can do however is to set up automated reputation script.

It would display a "reputation" to all unmasked people in the
*Name*
*Faction*
* Reputation*  ( Good reputation : Honourable, trustable. No reputation : Unknown, common. Bad reputation : Dubious , untrustworthy , renowned murderer 

Anytime a unmasked players kill a player in a faction which is not at war with or who belong to no faction. He would loose reputation.
Attacking bots or attempt to steal the bank will also cause reputation losses.
Attacking faction member or faction you are not at war with will also cause major reputation losses.
Players who kill people with a bad reputation gain positive reputation. A sort of bounty hunter effect.
It would also be possible to gain reputation by giving money to the church.
Each hour, the church money is automaticially divided to the poorest players in game ( less than  Xk gold for example )*
Players who don't kill in combat for a very long time, slowly gain positive reputation too, in order to promote trader and peaceful players.

A craftable "outlaw" mask would be usable to hide name, reputation, and faction belonging. But it's shouldn't be widespread and should require a special skill (crafting or on use )
It's should reduce the reputation loss but a large scale killers should still loose reputation.
Lord can put bounty on the head of players with negative reputation.

Reputation is tied to the players ID and players account.

That way, we would have a automatic "randomers" handling by players, the most untrustable griefer and trolls would find themselves kicked out from the cities and main trade roads and would still be part of the game as bands of outlaws.

tell me is it possible to have a random chance ( increased with blunt weapon ) to "knock down" people to be able to capture them in teleport them in castle jail or in jail cart ? It would also be a way to allow people to loot each other without killing.

Most of what you said sounds pretty good, Aldric, with a few things I disagree on. One of the biggest being:

''Players who kill people with a bad reputation gain positive reputation.'' Obviously this is going to encourage and give rise to the thing called 'deathmatching', for example someone with no reputation goes and kills a guy with an ''untrustworthy'' reputation and then he receives a ''trustable'' reputation does not appear as a good RP element for me, and I don't think it does for you either if you think about it.

VonTawast said:
Most of what you said sounds pretty good, Aldric, with a few things I disagree on. One of the biggest being:

''Players who kill people with a bad reputation gain positive reputation.'' Obviously this is going to encourage and give rise to the thing called 'deathmatching', for example someone with no reputation goes and kills a guy with an ''untrustworthy'' reputation and then he receives a ''trustable'' reputation does not appear as a good RP element for me, and I don't think it does for you either if you think about it.
Indeed, i wanted to set up a sort of "bandit hunter" RP but the value of being untrustworthy should be enough for a player to prevent RDM

If you are wondering what is going on with the mod: this is a very busy time for me, final exams at College, so that means there won't be updates before 4 July, when I finish this.

After that, I'll start serious development on the project.

:shock: Dynamic day/night system  :shock: Infinite factions  :shock: HCRP!?!?!  :shock: HIRING BOTS!?!?!?!?!?!  :shock: #OMGSOAMAZING! Good luck on that project, ive always dreamed of such a mod.

Is it possible for your property to get destroyed on this mod?

Also, this mod looks outstanding!  Mount and Blade: Warband: The Middle Ages (MMORPG)  Well, maybe it won't be THAT massive, but still possibly very popular and could revive the "native" game a bit?

JaredThinks said:
Is it possible for your property to get destroyed on this mod?

Also, this mod looks outstanding!  Mount and Blade: Warband: The Middle Ages (MMORPG)  Well, maybe it won't be THAT massive, but still possibly very popular and could revive the "native" game a bit?

Yes, it will certainly be possible in some way.

We have to think how exactly, because of course we don't want people to abuse that and destroy your properties, specially an expensive one, easily. But little things, like a barricade, or a tent, it will be less expensive so easier to destroy.

Is this mod going to revolve around a specific timeperiod of medieval technology, or is there going to be different armor, weapons, and clothing from distant part of the world and time-periods? Such as a guy running around in 18th century samurai armor in a 13th century medieval town.

If the game revolves around a specific time-period, I may be very interested in helping out as an artist and scener.

I believe to make it even more unique it could be revolving around the Late 10th century to Early 12th century, considering most medieval mods are based around the High 13th century.  :smile:

We moved into another project, so this mod won't happen (at least on Warband). We are now working on a PC game which I can't tell much yet.

Sorry and thanks for the people who supported this mod.

See you in another project !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom