MP Fantasy [WB] The Last Alliance

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this looks....AWESOME....not much of an online player but when this mod is released I'm not gonna log off, ever.  :smile:

Anyways I work pretty well as researcher and much experienced with Tolkien's works (Top in the First Age of the Years of the Sun but in the Second Age I'm not bad at all)...If you need a hand you may always PM me  :wink:

Good Luck with this project and maybe after this you'll even go forward and make us all LOTR fans the Singleplayer mod that we are all waiting since the last days of "The Last Days" argh.... it is ironic the name of the mod :wink:

Winterz said:
Wow this looks....AWESOME....not much of an online player but when this mod is released I'm not gonna log off, ever.  :smile:

Anyways I work pretty well as researcher and much experienced with Tolkien's works (Top in the First Age of the Years of the Sun but in the Second Age I'm not bad at all)...If you need a hand you may always PM me  :wink:

Good Luck with this project and maybe after this you'll even go forward and make us all LOTR fans the Singleplayer mod that we are all waiting since the last days of "The Last Days" argh.... it is ironic the name of the mod :wink:

We hope too, but if we gather enough people for such project than definitely we will make a singleplayer mod too.

nenadradojcic said:
Here is a pic of Noldorian armour and helm
noldorianwarrior.jpg

and a pic of Numenorean heritage, or if you prefer Gondorian armour. :mrgreen:
numenoreangondorian.jpg

So...have you actually done anything apart from (poorly) ripping models and skins from Third Age Total War?
arnormaa1.jpg
he2eldararchersew4.jpg
I mean...come on...

Yarrum said:
nenadradojcic said:
Here is a pic of Noldorian armour and helm
noldorianwarrior.jpg

and a pic of Numenorean heritage, or if you prefer Gondorian armour. :mrgreen:
numenoreangondorian.jpg

So...have you actually done anything apart from (poorly) ripping models and skins from Third Age Total War?
arnormaa1.jpg
he2eldararchersew4.jpg
I mean...come on...

If you are going to accuse you'd better get some better evidence.

Ok then. First the elf:
elfda.jpg
elfattachment.jpg
noldorhelmet.jpg
noldorianwarrior.jpg
Seems clear enough to me. Now for the Gondorian. Notice how the shadows on the two textures are exactly the same? The poor rip comment was because he distorted the tree on the chest. He edited the belt and the top of the texture as well.
numenoreangondorian.jpg

Not only is there no credits list but King Kong doesn't allow his models and textures to be edited. If he gives you permission to use them outside of Third Age Total War, it's almost always under the condition that they aren't modified. You can take my word for this since I'm a regular over at Total War Center and I've contributed to Third Age Total War more than once. One thing to note though, is that the creator of the bulk of the Elvish units, SHREDDER, allows his models and skins to be edited without permission, though the bulk of his models and skins were ripped from Battle for Middle Earth 2, so those aren't fair game for anyone, himself included. The Arnorian soldier, on the other hand, is entirely the property of King Kong.

"Since I got many requests and questions on this issue I will make this official addition to Disgruntled Goat's announcement:

From now on I will follow DG's example and I will not allow texture or model modifications of my units without my permission. Everything he said applies to my factions:

The textures and models found in Third Age: Total War used for the Easterling faction are the intellectual property of their creator DisgruntledGoat. These models and textures were created for the sole use of the Third Age mod and specifically for the official development team and King Kong. As their creator I have the final say in which way they may be used and released.

To maintain the integrity of the work, as is a fundemental right given to any creator of intellectual property, I am forbiding their use in any mod other than the official TATW release. This means sub mods for TATW and other mods not in the LotR genre may not use the material unless permission is expressly given by their creator, DisgruntledGoat.

The TWC recognizes the rights of the modders to protect their modding materials and will enforce the rules of intellectual property rights. Any mods that are posted for public consumption that contains my textures OR models that did not have my written permission will be reported to the administration.
It is not my intention to forbid anyone making worse or better units than mine or to suppress anyone's work, but I have worked hard and with a lot of heart for over a year for this mod and so you will have to live with my design decisions.

The same goes for all units of TATW unless their specific creators will explicit allow the modification of their factions and units. I will update this post with the decisions of the individual modders...

Already finished units by the community don't have to be removed, unless it is requested by their respective creator(s).

You can ask me for permission to use my units for any sub-mod via pm, but I will decide that individually.

Thanks"  -  King Kong

mikeyman89 said:
who cares let the man make a cool mod  :twisted:

A:"Hey, that guy stole a car!"
B:"Who cares, you ****wit? He's going to let me drive!"

Yarrum said:
Ok then. First the elf:
elfda.jpg
elfattachment.jpg
noldorhelmet.jpg
noldorianwarrior.jpg
Seems clear enough to me. Now for the Gondorian. Notice how the shadows on the two textures are exactly the same? The poor rip comment was because he distorted the tree on the chest. He edited the belt and the top of the texture as well.
numenoreangondorian.jpg

First things first, all of textures I used are from Battle for Middle-earth 2. Yarrum, if you are such a jerk, first ask, than decide.

@nenadradojcic
This is really a very presumptuous lie and it seems that the only jerk here is you.

The Arnor models and textures were done by me and Disgruntled Goat from scratch and I can surely recognize my own work.
You know that I'm right, even if you may further deny it. BFME2 doesn't have such Arnor textures and if someone needs even more evidences I will show you my models and Photoshop files which show the whole work in progress.
If you would have asked for the models and textures, I would probably would have given you permission to use them for your mod, but stealing and lying like you is really a very poor attitude for a "modder" like you.

I don't really care about the elven models since I havn't made them.

It's really sad to see how many times some people rip of other people's work in the internet, so I highly appreciate it that there are still people like Yarrum and Merlkir who do not approve this kind of attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom