SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reus said:
Well, he did say he spoke to him last time he was online, and I think he means online as in online here on the TW forums. So I don't think he has actually communication with him anymore.

He's online daily and active on Steam, just busy with other things, I presume.
I'm certain he won't let this die.

Sorry fellas for the lack of updates, the mod isn't dead, but it is semi-dormant. I'm out of school and focused predominantly on freelancing and my portfolio right now, but I am going to continue this. The plan is to move to M&B:2 Bannerlord when it comes out. All the armor models done up to this point will be a write-off, but anything world and texture-related can be ported to the sequel, this may be for the best however because I've gotten a lot better and modelling and texturing since I made those armor sets and will be able to do much better work in an engine with newer shaders.

I'm still unsure as to when exactly M&B: 2 will be coming out, but work will resume in full once I can get my hands on M&B:2 and assess the capabilities of the mod-tools.  I hadn't been entirely sure about it previously, but after seeing the "engine power" devblog moving to the new engine seems like an unquestionably better option. The tools look worlds better, and starting a mod project at the beginning of Bannerlords release will be developmentally preferable to working at the figurative "end" of Warbands release.

I'll be doing a relevant environment project in the next few weeks and should be able to post a large media update (world assets only, though) somewhere within that timeframe. I'll begin posting more regularly once we know more about bannerlords projected release date.

Bannerlord has no release date, and there have been people suspending work on mods "until Bannerlord" since 2013. It is unknown what can and can't be ported at this point.

I mean no disrespect to you or your decisions with this post, you have done great work with this mod. I simply come saying that waiting until Bannerlord isn't likely to result in a future for the mod, a lot can change in the year(s) between now and the release of Bannerlord. If you don't want to make the mod anymore, that is fine I am not trying to pressure you. But ultimately it may be easier when Bannerlord comes out to start completely anew with a new mod, so from my personal viewing of various mods dieing while waiting for Bannerlord I would urge you to, even if you do not have time or will right now, (and not having will is completely valid, I have no will myself 90% of the time I could be modding) do not shelve it until Bannerlord; if you have inspiration, continue work on it even if it is still on Warband!

There's no point in working on something you're not going to want to release. After Bannerlord comes out you'll just feel like you're working on an inferior product that you're just trying to get done with to move on to the new game. That'd be no fun at all.

Make a Patreon account and finish this, its too damn good to go to waste.
Also, this mod would be so much better with the quest/exploration feature that A Clash of Kings has. ( In case the mod eventually gets back on its feet)

Back
Top Bottom