SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

Epicrules said:
If I do have one concern, though, it's that a lot of the weapons in TES were generally pretty short, which could cause problems given the importance of weapon length on Warband. Granted the axe in your picture does look longer than the original in the comparison shot, so you may have already taken that in to account, but I just feel like I should throw that out there.

in TES there is no mounted combat (or it's very crappy), so there is no need for long weapons.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
The Mythic Dawn will be in? Will we have the possibility of meeting/fighting Mehrunes Dagon in the mod, or visiting the Deadlands Plane of Oblivion?

I doubt, seeing as the crisis started in 3E 433, while the mod starts in 396.

Anyway, implementing oblivion gates and oblivion could be possible, pirate dens would fit them perfectly, since they appear randomly, can be destroyed, and they offer the possibility to spawn small groups, which would be filled with dremora.

Gameplay-wise they fit perfectly. :wink:
However, lore-wise they shouldn't be possible since the Emperor still lives (although imprisoned by Jagar Tharn), has the amulet of kings and the Dragonfires still burn, so the barrier between the mortal world and Oblivion cannot be breached.

The book "The Refugees" in Oblivion and Skyrim suggests Mankar Cameron is the bastard son of the Cameron Usurper, so he'd be born around 3E 267-8. That makes him well over a hundred years old at the time of the Simulacrum - enough to receive the Mysterium Xerxes from Dagon and write his commentaries, and 166 years old at the time of the Oblivion Crisis. I think it's possible the Mythic Dawn existed, but they're certainly not doing anything noticeable. They should be an extremely well hidden Easter egg.

Well, personally i find the Timeline not that fitting. The time ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) plays in matches much more. Because there is a continent-wide war happening

The mythic dawn weren't around during this period, but otherwise the robe model and texture are very good. Perhaps a conversion into necromancer or dark brotherhood material? :cool:

Bluehawk said:
I think it's possible the Mythic Dawn existed, but they're certainly not doing anything noticeable. They should be an extremely well hidden Easter egg.

The robes could be found in some kind of chest in the house of an agent.
The time difference between the Imperial Simulacrum and the Oblivion Crisis are 34 years, so they could still exist as an inactive organization.

I think it'd make sense if they were just starting out. Imagine the planning that went into assassinating off all of the known Septims - every prince and the Emperor. That means they must have taken years, decades even, to get to that point.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Epicrules said:
If I do have one concern, though, it's that a lot of the weapons in TES were generally pretty short, which could cause problems given the importance of weapon length on Warband. Granted the axe in your picture does look longer than the original in the comparison shot, so you may have already taken that in to account, but I just feel like I should throw that out there.
A possible solution for the could be increasing the weapon range in the module files but keeping the mesh size.

This would probably result in quite a bit of "ghost range" as the community calls it, but probably would not be as noticable as if it were a multiplayer mod rather than a singleplayer. Though, it worries me how leaving the mesh the original size with the weapon length increased in the module files might effect the weapon itself. Is it possible to offset the mesh from the weapon's "hitbox" so as to have the added length more noticable without it either being held funny or set to a rather ridiculous number?

Epicrules said:
PoisonCourtesan said:
Epicrules said:
A possible solution for the could be increasing the weapon range in the module files but keeping the mesh size.

This would probably result in quite a bit of "ghost range" as the community calls it, but probably would not be as noticable as if it were a multiplayer mod rather than a singleplayer. Though, it worries me how leaving the mesh the original size with the weapon length increased in the module files might effect the weapon itself. Is it possible to offset the mesh from the weapon's "hitbox" so as to have the added length more noticable without it either being held funny or set to a rather ridiculous number?
Basically, the weapons just need to made longer. It's not that hard of a job either, just extend that part of the mesh. The problem is, it would either look strange, or a have a ton of ghost range, and that wouldn't be very good. I think having the weapons properly sized would help with the graphic quality/immersion as well, instead of people running around with stubby axes.

As a rule of thumb, I'm going to be having two handed weapons as such:

Claymores: longest - fastest - lowest damage - cutting damage

Axes: middle length - middle speed - middle damage - cutting damage

War Hammers: shortest - slowest - highest damage - blunt damage

With that in mind I'll have change weapon hafts appropriately sized to meet those requirements and to avoid ghosting.

Hypno Toad said:
Though with that said, the primary intention of this mod is not to be a strategic military game (though one could still play it like that). The emphasis is going to be more around quests and player character development. Think TES II: Daggerfall, but in M&B :razz:

To what extent is the mod a strategic military game?

Back
Top Bottom