SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

Some updated imperial armors. Going to try and get the imperial faction finished first since the nobility is well documented and I know what equipment all the troops should have. These are the Cyrodiilic armors, reminiscent of the town guards in oblivion. Though when they reach the rank of "Guardsmen" I'm going to have the troop tree have a branch-off option into "Auxiliarii" wherein the troops are more reminiscent of the ones in Morrowind and gain a more "light infantry" set of skills like higher athletics and shorter, faster weapons. The other branch will be the cyrodiilic legion troops in heavy imperial plate armor.

Since swords are pretty common in Oblivion even the low tier troops will have swords, but they'll be iron swords, then upgrade to steel > silver.

k51d3Q.jpg
RQHhIB.jpg

Will also make a heraldic version so they can have the appropriate town flag on them.

Hypno Toad said:
Will keep the same number of cities/settlements. Will be re-using scenes at the start, IE: probably having about four scenes for each province, and using them as templates for other settlments.. then I'll make new ones later on. The cities will probably be the main priority at first since most of the action happens there.

Thats why I was suggesting less cities, but making the those bigger and more active. However I wonder if it's possible to add some interesting features to a castle, because in m&b are destined to be boring places useful only to met certain lords if reside there in case you don't control them. Making some hybrid between castle and town. Also, unlike Calradia, Tamriel is also threatened from outside.

Which extra location neutral do you plan to add?
Dwemer ruins
Ayleid ruins
Daedric ruins
Dungeons and crypts
Volcanic locations
Planes of oblivion (somehow visiting other realms)

Planes of Oblivion would be really difficult. No real lava texture, and making one would be difficult.

DoctorPainkiller said:
Planes of Oblivion would be really difficult. No real lava texture, and making one would be difficult.

There is lava in vvardenfell, the ashlands to be exact.  Won't you have to make the lava texture regardless of whether you decide to add the planes of oblivion or not, anyways?!

A bigger issue would be that nearly every plane of oblivion is unique, and if each one is only going to constitute a single scene, it's probably not worth it. Stick to Tamriel, at least for a first release, I'd say.

Bluehawk said:
A bigger issue would be that nearly every plane of oblivion is unique, and if each one is only going to constitute a single scene, it's probably not worth it. Stick to Tamriel, at least for a first release, I'd say.

Yeah, I agree. Also, mind you that the 16 planes of Oblivion are MASSIVE. TES IV: Oblivion did a good job downsizing them so you won't be wondering them for hours.

kpetschulat said:
Bluehawk said:

Yeah, I agree. Also, mind you that the 16 planes of Oblivion are MASSIVE. TES IV: Oblivion did a good job downsizing them so you won't be wondering them for hours.

I meant them like separate scenes for specific quests, not part of world map, just like hideouts and other special locations.

I can imagine making a large amount of character creation options (hairstyles, skin etc) for all the races will be a nightmare.  It'll take you a long time to get this right, so work hard! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

John Xenir said:
kpetschulat said:
Bluehawk said:

I meant them like separate scenes for specific quests, not part of world map, just like hideouts and other special locations.

Oh, I know what you meant... And, you're right. Implementing these "scenes of oblivion" is going to be REALLY hard and REALLY time consuming. I'd rather it just be Tamriel as well. That way you can focus on the war between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion.

Jarvisimo said:
I can imagine making a large amount of character creation options (hairstyles, skin etc) for all the races will be a nightmare.  It'll take you a long time to get this right, so work hard! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

For the human and elf races this part is fairly easy, but orcs, khajiits and argonians is a different story.

That way you can focus on the war between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion.

That takes place in a different time era. Skyrim (and the great war) take place in the fourth era (probably about 300 years after this) this takes place near the tail end of the third era.

As for planes of oblivion, just from a lore standpoint things like that won't be residing on the world map (because of the amulet of kings being intact) however as pointed out, I already have ash and lava textures for vvardenfell (that's just mehrunes realm anyways) so it could be possible to make some oblivion scenes that are quest related.

toh1Mj.jpg

24997590.jpg

Also, dwemer are an extinct race, so no. Could have dwemer ghosts as a from of monster (ala morrowind), but no promises :razz:

Hypno Toad said:

Dat be mad sexy, dawg. Is it possible if you can change that armor a bit more to look more like a plate armor rather then mail and that overcoat thing? Kind of like the Oblivion guards is what i am trying to get at...

Legion_Armor.png

Or, maybe like the Imperial Palace guard would be crazy awesome!

Imperial_Watch_Armor.png

kpetschulat said:
Legion_Armor.png

Imperial_Watch_Armor.png
I really can't believe someone at Bethesda got paid to make armour that hideous and half-assed.

Mod's looking good, Hypno Toad. Though I've played every Elderscrolls game and Morrowind is probably my favourite game of all time, I can't say I've ever really been all that interested in the lore. Still, I look forward to giving this a go.

Good luck.

kpetschulat said:
Hypno Toad said:

Dat be mad sexy, dawg. Is it possible if you can change that armor a bit more to look more like a plate armor rather then mail and that overcoat thing? Kind of like the Oblivion guards is what i am trying to get at...

Legion_Armor.png

Imperial_Watch_Armor.png
I agree with this one

Back
Top Bottom