SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

Glad to see you're all good and well.

As for redoing the armor, I'd say go for it. However, making the armors have gloves already will be weird. Even if you can get new gloves, it'll probably cause clipping issues and what not.

kpetschulat said:
Glad to see you're all good and well.

As for redoing the armor, I'd say go for it. However, making the armors have gloves already will be weird. Even if you can get new gloves, it'll probably cause clipping issues and what not.

Well the issue is that the gloves are already set as a slot, so it's either gloves or arms.

It should* be possible to turn gloves into arms in  the same way that it's possible to turn boots into legs and in the longrun it'll work better, since you'll be able to choose between.. say, wearing an iron cuirass with cloth sleeves vs wearing an iron cuirass + full set of pauldrons/arm armor. It'll let you make interesting combinations of armor and will let you wear stripped-down sets of armor rather than needing to wear the entire set.

So assuming this works out, you'll be able to choose between wearing just a cuirass + cloth pants and cloth sleeves, vs wearing the entire armor set. I'll be nice since I can essentially allow NPCs or players to wear a set of iron pauldrons with a mail hauberk, or visa versa letting some people wear a single cuirass with just clothing underneath. At any rate it's just a concept right now so I'll have to see if it works before I can commit to it.

Made a new iron cuirass to try out with my idea. Styled after the one in skyrim. The legs and arms are courtesy of Narf pickestink, though the greaves have been modified to have more plate coverage and the arms modified so they'll interchange a bit better with other cuirass models.

8kY8wX.jpg

Noe that the arms, legs and torso are all separate objects. If it works out ingame then I'll apply similar changes to the other armors... in the longrun this will make the armor modelling process a lot faster and will add more variety in-game.

Hypno Toad said:
Made a new iron cuirass to try out with my idea. Styled after the one in skyrim. The legs and arms are courtesy of Narf pickestink, though the greaves have been modified to have more plate coverage and the arms modified so they'll interchange a bit better with other cuirass models.

8kY8wX.jpg

Noe that the arms, legs and torso are all separate objects. If it works out ingame then I'll apply similar changes to the other armors... in the longrun this will make the armor modelling process a lot faster and will add more variety in-game.

Awesome!

Though with that said, the primary intention of this mod is not to be a strategic military game (though one could still play it like that). The emphasis is going to be more around quests and player character development. Think TES II: Daggerfall, but in M&B

I want to ask in what way will you (not) be able to be part of a war? As i want to play warband for the military aspect, not the idiotic quests. and you say  (we will still be able to play like that)  but will there be downsides to it ?

Btw: I love the images youve posted so far, those armors look great !

My gosh if you can export the Elven Armor and Ebony and Daedric Armors and more from Oblivion that would be awesome some of those designs are my favorite.

Really hopeful for this mod :razz:

usnavy30 said:
My gosh if you can export the Elven Armor and Ebony and Daedric Armors and more from Oblivion that would be awesome some of those designs are my favorite.

Really hopeful for this mod :razz:

Mind you I'm not exporting any of these, just emulating the designs. Trying to go for an even mix between daggerfall, morrowind and oblivion styles

@ Kaampeer

You will still be able to take part in military stuff, but not quite to the scale that warband offers since I'm trying to keep things fairly lore-oriented.

I'm going to make it so player party sizes are considerably smaller, and if you want to be a prominent army-leading nobleman you'll need to put a lot of points into chr/leadership. Renown will have less effect on party size as the mod is about character building, not kingdom building. You'll get more xp than you do in warband for kills and quests and hopefully being able to reach level 40-50 will be a more feasible task.

Edit:

Another redone armor, no pauldrons for it yet (will be doing pauldrons/armguards later on)

W0cGbM.jpg

Me being an incredibly immense Elder Scrolls fan, I must ask a few questions. 

1 - Will there be the province of Vvardenfell or Morrowind? 
2 - Will the Sixth House or any of the Great Dunmer Houses be included?
3 - Will there even be Dunmer themed Armor or Architecture or Clothing?
4 - Will there be the Characters of Seht, Vehk, Raeym, and Voryn? [i.e. Sotha Sil, Vivec, Almalexia, and Dagoth Ur]
5 - What playable factions do you plan on including?
6 - What Cities or Nationalities do you plan on implementing onto the map? 
7 - Are the Daedric Princes ever going to physicial manifest [otherwise or be summonable in sense of Aspects to fight for you?]
8 - Do you need help with Lore?

Statements: 

A - I am a 3D modeller and texturer, I am also pretty good at writing, but all of my experience has been for Morrowind and a little bit of Skyrim.  I can learn to modding techniques for this game, if you wish for help. 

B - Amazing work so far and I can't wait to see how this turns out.  And Best of luck as well, would be sorely disappointed to see this die so young, or even at all. 

C - Finally, I'd like to say, I love all things Dunmer, So I hope there is some of my favorite things about them included.  Specially anything involving, The Sixth House, Dagoth Ur, Sotha Sil, or Great House Hlaalu or Dres.

D - Also Guar Mounts are a must have! lol

Hypno Toad said:
@Kaampper

You will still be able to take part in military stuff, but not quite to the scale that warband offers since I'm trying to keep things fairly lore-oriented.

I'm going to make it so player party sizes are considerably smaller, and if you want to be a prominent army-leading nobleman you'll need to put a lot of points into chr/leadership. Renown will have less effect on party size as the mod is about character building, not kingdom building. You'll get more xp than you do in warband for kills and quests and hopefully being able to reach level 40-50 will be a more feasible task.

W0cGbM.jpg

so what exaclty are you trying to make with this mod? you basicly want to make Elder Scrolls online with 30 soldiers acompanying you ? XD

Back
Top Bottom