MP Medieval [WB] The Duel Mod [WIP]

Users who are viewing this thread

Yldrania said:
Belendor said:
I take you found yourself a scripter, given what is written on website.

I found myself myself as a scripter... well, nobody suitable has been found so far, so I am trying to get into it myself :smile:

Fair enough. :smile:

Progress Report:

Out Of Game:
3D Models: 100%
Concept Art: 80%
Homepage: 100%
Forums: 100%
Concept & Ideas: 80%

Ingame:
Maps: 15%
Admin Tools: 30%
Codes In General: 20%
Added Items: 40%
NPC Stuff: 0%
Music: 60%

We are still urgently looking for a programmer. Everything but the programming is going just fine, actually more than that. We could be done within a month if there was one person out there who could join in as programmer for us. We would be very thankful.

The Duel Mod was primarily meant as a multiplayer module for Warband. Now, as the development progresses, I have figured out a way how I could create a singleplayer game different from anything else that has been done in Warband before:

A world focused on duelling. You start in one city, and the only way to level up and improve your character is participating in Duel tournaments. Every time a tournament is won, the player unlocks something. Every couple of times he wins, he unlocks a new location and may proceed to fight there. The difficulty increases every time the player moves forward.

Should this tournament system be in addition to a normal, obviously modified SP version? Should a normal, modified SP version be available?

We ask you! Do you want TDM to release as MP mod at first and update with a SP version after? Or should we publish both at the same time, and delay the release?

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. We appreciate any comment on this, as it is a huge decision :grin:

Mount and Blade was based off of single player, and you would be ignoring 2/3 of the fanbase to not have a singleplayer version.

An update on the music that has been created: We now have the theme for the Roman Tournaments ready. Our composer is now working on the theme for the Cannibal King Tournament.

Hello everyone!

As you can see on the revamped mod page, we have finally come to a decision about the singleplayer idea. The Duel Mod is going to be released in Single- And Multiplayer. It will most likely be as follows: The fist alpha will be only with the singleplayer campaign. The second alpha will be with both, singleplayer campaign and singleplayer extra campaign (the duel specific one). The then following beta will be with all three, SP campaign, SP extra campaign, and multiplayer server.

That now means that we will be continuing to work on the multiplayer function as we did before, but in addition we will start modiying the Singleplayer Campaign in order to get things going.

We are looking for an AI Coder, as well as someone who knows and understands the module system in order to create the rest of our Admin Tools. Gulos, the coder of the famous mod "Warband RolePlay" has been kind enough to send us the old Swadian tournament Admin Tools, so we now only need someone who can actually modify it correctly.

Thanks to everyone who is following the progress of this,

Yldrania

And again, we have news:

A new soundtrack has been added. Thanks to great OSP resources, we have also increased the amount of options on tavern keepers and manhunters. Credit for that ingame!

TavernKeeper-ManhunterScipt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom