SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] The Crown of Kalin - A Medieval Fantasy Mod (Video Preview)

Is a Story (Lore, Backround informations,...) important to you in a Mount&Blade Modification?

• Yes

Votes: 76 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for being absent so long. I am back at work now and about 90% ready for the first alpha version.

Here are previews of a few new raider and mercenary units:

Kyrgill Pass Ravagers:
kyrgillpass.png

Berguno Armsmen:
berguno.png

Paladins of Antarr Castel:
castellin.png

LordMalacath said:
Nicely done, Cynicis.
I just realized now that you're the same guy from the Minecraft Forums.

Great work on the CoK map there, mate. Spent some precious hours there.
I was sure that I had already heard the name Crown of Kalin before, then I just googled it up and realized everything.

Keep it going, you're doing great.
One suggestion that I would like to give you is play a lot with color and vegetation, they really help.

Thank you for the feedback! Never thought someone would ever notice :grin:
Ithilien5 said:
Impressive!
Bloodbane said:
This mod looks like it's going to be pretty fun :smile: you've put a lotta work into the armor aethetics and cultural aspect. Love it. This is gonna be really immersive. And the screenshots look very promising.

Wish you the best of luck, friend.

Thanks!
DoctorPainkiller said:
Is the first release going to be public?
Yes I want to make the first version to be public. I dont even know how long I will continue working on this project because I'm slightly losing motivation at the moment. So if I stop after the alpha everybody can this version at least.

FinnishKnight said:
Make a new map
FinnishKnight said:
Please include a new map to the mod?

I would love to. Theres even a concept map on paper. But I am not able to do a new map and cannot afford the time to learn it actually. If there is a mapper who wants to help me I can send him the map concept. Until anything like this will happen I keep using Calradia.

So I've used my unbelievable photoshop skills in microsoft paint to make a rough copy of the original map of Kalin. :grin:
Its not supposed to be beautiful as hell I just want to show the basic idea.

kalincc.png

Also I have changed some names in the last weeks and months without changing the informations on the first page. I will fix all this soon.

Can I ask you a question? Will the bows be like in native, fast and weak, or are you planning to make them slow to draw but stronger? If you plan on doing the latter, you could make the bows a little bit less accurate and with smaller quivers to prevent bows from being op. I can't wait for the alpha to try this mod out. It's my favorite so far. And don't be worried about the map, it's not too important right now.

Antar said:
Can I ask you a question? Will the bows be like in native, fast and weak, or are you planning to make them slow to draw but stronger? If you plan on doing the latter, you could make the bows a little bit less accurate and with smaller quivers to prevent bows from being op. I can't wait for the alpha to try this mod out. It's my favorite so far. And don't be worried about the map, it's not too important right now.

Thank you.Sure you can. To be honest I have not think about the balance stuff yet. One thing that I figure out allready is that I want to make shield a lot weeker and more likely to break because a lot of the Units in CoK actually use shields. But I allways like the idea of arrows doing more damage. However there will probably a poll to that question in this thread soon after the alpha version is out. :wink:

Cynicis said:
Antar said:

Thank you.Sure you can. To be honest I have not think about the balance stuff yet. One thing that I figure out allready is that I want to make shield a lot weeker and more likely to break because a lot of the Units in CoK actually use shields. But I allways like the idea of arrows doing more damage. However there will probably a poll to that question in this thread soon after the alpha version is out. :wink:
Nice, thanks for replying. I agree with the shields, too, that would be a good feature. This mod definitly beats the other mods like floris. I just like the simplicity of this mod. Also if it's not asking for too much but can you also, after finishing the mod, put up a download for the troops with the same uniform/equipment? Like the screenshots you have. I prefer that over troops with a variety of equipment. It's ok if you can't, though, I understand.

I'm quite into the Mapping-thing at the moment and im trying to fiddle about on the map editor from thorgrim. Eh.
This will take some time and i am not sure if I should release the alpha version with the new map.

However I prepared a little preview about the last faction that will replace the sarranids.

Kingdom of Tarragona

...named after its capital, Tarragona is a medieval spain/mediterran influenced faction. You might even notice some city names that are also names for towns in the real world. Pure coincidence!

Lords:
*Banners and Names can still change

Leader:
King Nathanoel III. of Tarragona
t726.png

Major Vassals:

Corrinho:

Marquis Mandril Agirre of Corrinho
    ->  His son: Prince Leandro Agirre of Corrinho
o44.png

Arietta:

Marquis Sebastiano Diaz of Arietta
    -> His son: Prince Mateo Diaz of Arietta
l70k.png

Cair Avila:

Marquis Joaquin Vargas of Cair Avila
    -> His son: Prince Tabor Vargas of Cair Avila
eyn.png

Minor Vassals:

Conde Eustazio Morales
    -> His son: Hidalgo Adan Morales
lu2.png

Conde Fausto Navarro
    -> His son: Hidalgo Pablo Navarro
sl8.png

Conde Raudrigo Villegas
    -> His son: Hidalgo Rubene Villegas
4j3.png

Conde Tito Orenas
    -> His son: Hidalgo Tajo Orenas
c6u.png

Conde Branca Saltega
    -> His son: Hidalgo Josue Saltega
u0dt.png

Knights:

Caballero Pirro Ramos

Caballero Hernan Peralta

Caballero Alvaro Rojas

Caballero Orlando Velarro
2ccr.png

Map:

bzp.png

Some Special Units:

Corsair Arbalesters:
5fef.png
Corrinho Striped Rider:
4yc.png

Great work. I have been following this mod for some time now and I must say that I adore the amount of tought you put into the factions and the troops, the consistency is what appeals most to me. Carry on.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Excellent screenshots and map. I know for sure which faction I'm going to be helping once this comes out...  :mrgreen:

Thanks. I hope in the end you think the other factions are worth another game! :grin:

Count of Flanders said:
Great work. I have been following this mod for some time now and I must say that I adore the amount of tought you put into the factions and the troops, the consistency is what appeals most to me. Carry on.

Thanks!

DoctorPainkiller said:
Cynicis said:
Corrinho Striped Rider:
4yc.png

Dat hat

Credits to Rath0s :wink:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=193733.0

I prepared a preview for another faction in the style of the last preview:

Kingdom of Anterra

Lords:

Leader: