SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] The Crown of Kalin - A Medieval Fantasy Mod (Video Preview)

Is a Story (Lore, Backround informations,...) important to you in a Mount&Blade Modification?

• Yes

Votes: 76 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cynicis said:
Here is a wild preview of things I finished lately:

Pargon Mercenaries from a eastern Minor Faction
pargon.png
pargon2.png

Perduin Troops. Perduin is a vassal city of the Elios Kingdom.

Rivermen:
riverman.png

Crossbowmen:
perduincross.png

Men-at-Arms:
perduinknight.png

perduinknight2.png

Eagle-Eyes of Manasu. Mercenaries from a southern minor factions.
southern1.png

Nabin Desert Riders. Raiders from another southern minor faction.
southern2.png

They look battle worthy. Cant wait

Hey lads. Long time no seen eh?
But this project is still alive and in development.
Here is what I am working at:

I am still aiming for good storytelling in the mod without changing the core mechanic and make it too much of an RPG.
A massive problem is the missing relation between lords and the player in my opinion. Its just very difficult to see them as interesting characters which you can like or hate. I see very much wasted potential here.
So I try to make the characters more special. For example: I have worked on the family connections between lords of a faction. Family can be a good breeding ground for intrigues affairs and interesting story's. So what will Lord X do if Lord Y of another (or the same) faction has killed its son or don't stop f*ckin his sister. Hope you see what I go for. That leads me to another point. I want to make it possible to actually kill lords. It shouldn't happen very often. But from time to time some lords should die on the battlefield. Will the other lord start an blindfolded revenge attack? The loss of a character is actually noticeable in the behaviour of the other lords. 

Another problem is that all the lords seems to have the same place in a factions hierarchy order. So I'll add different ranks. That offers a lot of interesting opportunities too. Let me explain this step in an example on the "Kronstader Kaiserreich" Because this faction is medieval germany-influenced, I will use historic ranks of nobility. There are other factions with different cultural plot. So I will use ranks like "Marquis" and "Conde" for the medieval Spanish influenced faction. "Jarl", "Thane", "Huskarl" for the Nordic Faction of course. And so on.

I know you are up for pictures but please tell me what you think about this idea too.

Kaiser Tristan von Kronau

Erzherzog Rivas von Keilerswalde
  -> Prinz Kjell von Keilerswalde

Kurfürst Hansel von Kalkhorst
  -> Kurprinz Tanis von Kalkhorst

Herzog Korbinian von Falkenbrück                Herzog Benedikt von Valwingen
  -> Prinz Xander von Falkenbrück                  -> Prinz Ragnar von Valwingen

Markgraf Albrecht                  Markgraf Gerald                Markgraf Wiegald                Markgraf Henryk

Graf Oswald                          Graf Alois                          Graf Ansgar                          Graf Siegfried
  -> Baron Fiete                      -> Baron Mailo                  -> Baron Thies                      -> Baron Arien

"->" means the lord is a son

Hierarchical order:

Kaiser (Emperor)
    Erzherzog (Archduke)
        Kurfürst (no translation)
            Herzog (Duke)
                Kurprinz (no translation)
                    Prinz (Prince)
                      Markgraf (Margrave)
                          Graf (no translation)
                              Baron

@Cynicis, you kind sir, have picked my interest with this mod :grin:

If i wasnt working on an other one i would have loved to help :smile:

EDIT: i just saw ur hierarchy listed above in the spoiler... isnt the Prinz an Heir to the Emperor ? so wouldnt he be higher in the Hierarchy ?

Kaampper said:

EDIT: i just saw ur hierarchy listed above in the spoiler... isnt the Prinz an Heir to the Emperor ? so wouldnt he be higher in the Hierarchy ?

prinz is heir to the throne in slavenic languages
if you want to know more i can help :grin:

Licko90 said:
Kaampper said:

I think in every Kingdom a Prince is one of the heirs to the throne... Its mostly a Son or cousin or sometimes even the Brother of the King.. i dont really see why he shouldnt be here..

Kaampper said:
Licko90 said:
Kaampper said:

I think in every Kingdom a Prince is one of the heirs to the throne... Its mostly a Son or cousin or sometimes even the Brother of the King.. i dont really see why he shouldnt be here..

i just wanted to confirm your statement and offer my self for words in slavenic type faction :grin:

Danaigh said:
Cant wait until its released!
Expect the first alpha version in about two months I am making very good progress.

Licko90 said:
i just wanted to confirm your statement and offer my self for words in slavenic type faction :grin:
Appreciate that. My knowledge ist based on bad google and wikipedia research! :grin:

ClockworkMishap said:
Please tell me this mod is still alive...

It actually is! :smile:

Kyrkasund Troops approaching in the mist
mb1063.jpg

Kronstader Cavalry attack at sunrise
mb1034.jpg

Naugryn Archers
mb969.jpg

Nicely done, Cynicis.
I just realized now that you're the same guy from the Minecraft Forums.

Great work on the CoK map there, mate. Spent some precious hours there.
I was sure that I had already heard the name Crown of Kalin before, then I just googled it up and realized everything.

Keep it going, you're doing great.
One suggestion that I would like to give you is play a lot with color and vegetation, they really help.

This mod looks really nice! I love the high quality troops and the armor looks amazing! This is something I would try when it comes out.

This mod looks like it's going to be pretty fun :smile: you've put a lotta work into the armor aethetics and cultural aspect. Love it. This is gonna be really immersive. And the screenshots look very promising.

Wish you the best of luck, friend.

Back
Top Bottom