SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] The Crown of Kalin - A Medieval Fantasy Mod (Video Preview)

Is a Story (Lore, Backround informations,...) important to you in a Mount&Blade Modification?

• Yes

Votes: 76 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cynicis

Sergeant at Arms
This mod is not dead. I've just noticed that nobody likes to get teased so I stopped posting every little thing I do. When the first public release is done I'm gonna use this thread again. Thanks.

The native Mount & Blade factions allways appear kinda pale to me. After some years of playing M&B it becomes quit boring to fight for/with/against the same factions again and again.
I stumpled upon the txt-based editor from Morgh and started to play around with the native troops. Soon I was able to include OSP items. Small changes summarised and everything ended up in the plan to do a complete rebuild of every faction, the mercenaries and the bandits. With this mod I want to share what I have done so far.

My Goals

-Unique Factions
-A recognizable color and look for the troops of each faction
-a bigger troop tree

These are the new factions:

Republic of Kyrkasund (Color: Brown, Replace the Nords)

Inspiration: Nordic, Viking/ Capital: Kyrkasund/ Leader: Great Jarl Brander Lysingur/ Vassal States/ Cities: Tjarfalk, Svenanger
Information:
The Republic is a consortium of settlements around the Kyrkabay in the North of Kalin. Lateley these townships decide to form a alliance to defend theire villages against local tripes and raiding northmen who came across the sea. The Republic was named after the biggest City, which was also elected to be the capital; Kyrkasund. These People are hunters, fishermen, merchants and lumbermen and live an easy life. The economy is based on forestry and fishing. But in a case of war every citizen of the republic is ready to fight for its reedom.

Kronland Kaiserreich / Kronland Empire (Color: Black, Replace the Swadians)

Inspiration: Hospitaller Order, Holy Roman Empire, Medieval Germany/ Capital: Kronstadt/ Leader: Großkaiser Tristan Silbergreif/ Vassal States/ Cities: Valwingen, Kalkbrück, Keilerswalde​

Information:
Climate, flora and fauna:

Due its based on medieval german states and territories its climate is inspired by middle european landscape, too. There are deep majestic pine forest in the northern region where the borders to the republic to kyrkasund lies. In the southern regions the climate becomes warmer. The Faction is based on cavalry so there are also a lot of wide, flat and grassy plains too. Mostly in the western part of the country where its surrounded by water on both sides. On the southern border to Anterra the forests becomes mixed forests which are not so deep and dark like the nothern forests. There are a few mountains but overall the landscape is relatively flat. The highest mountains are located in the area of "Tatzenberg"

Internal politics:

After the death of the old Emperor "Baltazar Silbergreif" his son "Tristan" becomes leader of the Kaiserreich. His live as a prince made him arrogant and egocentric. But beeing an a**hole doesnt make him dumb. In fact he has quite good knowledge about trade and economic for his young age (26). He also has the courage to break with some old traditions. This doesnt makes him loved in all parts of population. Two years ago traditionalistic hardliners launch the order of the golden tulip. A rebelious organisation who roams around the highways and towns since then.
What Tristan has not is combat expierience and a sense of tactical warfare. When it comes to war the second mightiest man in the realm takes the lead. His Uncle Erzmarshall Rivas Haderer of Keilerswalde, the man who holds the northern lands around the "Wolfsklamm" against the Northmen for the last 20 years. This man is veteran of the first hour. He is not cruel but he has seen everything war has to offer and knows what must be done sometimes. Some people whisper that Rivas is the real emperor of Kronstade. However he is completely loyal to his nephew and the empire and the Emperor trusts him on the other side.

External politics:

Since the Kyrkasund Republic established itself and takes over the northern lands the relation to the northern neigbour has enhanced pretty much. However the hunger for resources like wood and metal is a danger for the fragile peace. The Kaiserreich has a very high technological stance and a resource consume like no other nation. That makes the Kaiserreich cross the northern borders to Kyrkasund for resource gathering more often in the last months.
The southern neighbour "Anterra" is somewhat of a tradiotional enemy of the Empire. Since the break of the Holy Kingdom territorial fightings at the borders becomes daily routine. Mostly these fightings stay small skirmishes. But from time to time the situation escalates and its comes to concrete battles.
The Relation to the Tsardom of Tribirsk, the Valgyrian Empire and Tarragona is average from the beginning of the game.

Religion:

The citizens of the empire are religious but not fanatic. The majority believe in Methusanezar and Salamonezar the god twins.

Kingdom of Anterra (Color: Green, Replace the Rhodoks)

Inspiration: Medieval France, Rohan/ Capital: Beliard/ Leader: King Armand Gaillard IV./ Vassal States/ Cities: Marlinhaven, Erkenfold​

Targarod Tsardom (Color: Red, Replace the Vaegirs)

Inspiration: medieval slavic/ Capital: Targarod/ Leader: Tsar Azrael the Cold/ Vassal States/ Cities: Vatarias, Krylagarod, Madrikaraz​

Vandaross Empire(Color: Blue, Replace the Khergits)

Inspiration: Medieval Britain, Roman/ Capital: Rygerford/ Leader: Emperor Vydar Khoras/ Vassal States/ Cities: Virley, Perduin, Barristor​

Kingdom of Cartagona (Color: Beige, Replace the Sarranids)

Inspiration: Corsairs, medieval spain/mediterran states/ Capital: Cartagona/ Leader: King Nathanoel/ Vassal States/ Cities: Corrinho, Cair Avila, Arrieta​

Future Plans:
There are some things that I plan to change in the next version if I can get it done. But probably due a lack of time and effort I can bring on it will never be practicable.
- Recruit special troops in castles and towns
- Vassal troop Armies for the vassal lords
- Vassal troops as cityguards in vassal cities
- Patrols
- Better troop trees
- Faction and vassal banners
- Better balance
- Diplomacy
- Formations & ranks
- A new map?
- New Locations?

Credits (So far):

Morgh - For his amazing editor
kalavis, usnavy30 and the Full Invasion2 Team - Some Items
kuauik - For some Items
SacredStoneHead -  Nord Armor Set
Shredzorz - For  his 15th Century Weapons
LLew - For his Roman/ Gallic Items
Kovas - For his lithuanian/ Teutonic Items
Faradon - For his OSPs
Fredelios - bunch 'o armours
ShaunRemo - Sarranid and Vaegir Helmet Replacement
Fur Hats OSP by Somebody
Mackie - OSP Weapons Pack
Bloc -  Northerner Horses
Sly - Arms and Armour Pack
Rathos - OSP Pack
Yamabusi - For his Highlander pack
CounterPoint - For his crusader-OSP pack
Jan Tuma - Sturmhaube helmets
SacredStoneHead - for his huscarl armour
dejawolf - For his OSPs
wanderer949 and Zira - For their Horses
Narf of Picklestink - for his OSP packs
Harry_  - for his Neolithic Weapons
Njunja - for his Eastern items OSP
Pino - For his Armor Packs
Ficus - for his Roman Pack
thick1988  - for his Item Variants OSP pack
Wei Xiadi  - for his Armour pack
Bloc - For the "Northerner Horses"
gutekfiutek - for Polished Landscapes

If I have missed something please tell me.

I have added some Pictures of the Basic Troop Tree of the Republic of Kyrkasund. You can also check the complete Troop Tree in the first post now.
Pictures of the special troops will follow in about two weeks.

Screenshots:

Kyrkasund Farmers:
farmersq.png

Kyrkasund Hunters:

hunterew.png

Kyrkasund Bowmen:

bowmann.png

Kyrkasund Longbowmen:
longbowman.png

Kyrkasund Militiamen:
militia.png

Kyrkasund Footmen:
footman.png

Kyrkasund Swordsmen:
infantry.png

Kyrkasund Horseman:

rideru.png

Hey folks. Here are some pictures of the special troops of the Republic of Kyrkasund. So the troop preview for this faction is done. Tell me what you think please!

atm i am working on the bandit tribes and the mercenaries. I think i can give more information about what i have done so far next week.

Tjarfalk Units

Tjarfalk Fishermen:
fisher.png

Tjarfalk Cityguards:
cityguard.png

Tjarfalk Mariners:
mariner.png

Svenanger Units

Svenanger Militiamen:

lightmilitia.png

Svenanger Crossbowmen:

crossx.png

Svenanger Besiegers:
besieger.png

Svenanger Pikemen:
pikemanw.png

Ulvengaard Units

Ulvengaard Lumbermen:
lumber.png

Sons of Ulvengaard:

sons.png

Riders of Ulvengaard:
ridersc.png

Jondheim Units

Jondheim Engineers
rifle.png

Beobart said:
I like the Ulvengaards. Good work, good luck.

Thank you :smile:

I've just add the map, main character and troop tree previews for The Kronstader Kaiserreich (Empire) in the first post.

And I also open up a poll. Even if there are not so many followers of the mod I would be very happy to get a few votes because this question is essential for the further development of my mod. Thanks!

kuauik said:
i like your taste for design :grin:

You laugh about my ****ty paint previews right? :grin:
Well unfortunately I don't have Photoshop any more :sad:
bpopa27 said:
This mod doesn't get enough attention :\ it deserves more.. :cool:

Thanks Mate :smile:
bpopa27 said:
Oh! is there going to be additional options to battle,dialogue,animation and Small things that make a difference? :?:

Yeah that's basically a part of the things that I had in my mind. But it would take much time and if people don't care about a story I can save this time. 

Kronstade Basic Troop Tree:

Bauern (Farmers):
bauer.png

Waldläufer (Forest rangers):
waldlufer.png

Leichte Schützen (Light Crossbowmen):
leichteschtzen.png

Armbrustschützen (Crossbowmen):
armbrustschtze.png

Stadtwachen (Cityguards):
milita.png

Landsknechte:
manatarm.png

Waffenknechte:
knightsi.png

Cynicis said:
Kronstade Basic Troop Tree:

Bauern (Farmers):
bauer.png

Waldläufer (Forest rangers):
waldlufer.png

Leichte Schützen (Light Crossbowmen):
leichteschtzen.png

Armbrustschützen (Crossbowmen):
armbrustschtze.png

Stadtwachen (Cityguards):
milita.png

Landsknechte:
manatarm.png

Waffenknechte:
knightsi.png

Simple and decent! LIKE! :wink:

It looks very good it is very creative! I am actually looking forward to seeing the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth vs ROMANS and lol... Corsairs! but the thing that made me laugh is the president name :grin: putin rasputin :grin:

Special Troops:

Reiterei (Horsemen):
ridera.png

Kavallerie (Cavalry):

cavc.png

Valwinger Zweihänder (Greatswords):

twohdz.png

Valwinger Musketiere (Musketeers):
flintb.png

Ritter aus Keilerswalde (Knights of Keilerswalde):
knightsm.png

Kronstader Kaiserreich Troop Trees:

Basic Troop Tree (Recruitable in all villages without joining the Kaiserreich)

-> Waldläufer  -> leichter Schütze -> Armbrustschütze
Bauer
              -> Stadtwache -> Landsknecht      -> Waffenknecht

-> Reiter                -> Kavallerist

Valwinger Troop Tree (Recruitable in Valwingen and its villages after joining the Kaiserreich)

-> Zweihänder
Plänkler
              -> Musketier

Keilerswalde Troop Tree (Recruitable in Keilerswalde and its villages after joining the Kaiserreich)

Knappe  -> Ritter aus Keilerswalde (Eiserner Keiler)

Falkenbrück Troop Tree
(Recruitable in Falkenbrück and its villages after joining the Kaiserreich)

Lanzenträger  -> Hellebardenträger

Back
Top Bottom