SP Fantasy [WB] The Conquerors of Coultchorn v1.1 Beta (Discontinued)

Users who are viewing this thread

bentguisarme

Sergeant
Ck3PJAV.png

Development Discontinued
    Hey guys, sorry for the poor communication over the last few months. I've been dealing with a lot of stuff over the past year, mostly good thankfully, but it's interfered with the development of the mod for a good while now. I began this past summer with big plans to revitalize this mod and get back to working on it: I was going to produce more of my own art assets for the mod, overhaul its appearance completely, and completely flatten out any of the bugs that plagued earlier versions. When I started putting in the actual work, though, I realized what a huge undertaking all that was, and with my schedule the way it is and my motivation to really do this right at a low, I've come to the conclusion to close down the mod and move on.​
    Sorry for everyone I gave false hope to and a thousand apologies to the people asking questions and giving support while I shied away from making any updates or announcements. This mod could've been handled a lot better by me, but everyone who's given me support deserves a big thank you! I hope everyone can understand. Love you all!​

Beta 1.1

The year is 692 and chaos reigns in Coultchorn. It has been nearly a century since the old kingdom of Crymnand has fractured into warring factions.
Prophesy prognosticates the arrival of a savior who will unite Coultchorn once again, but that hope has long since crumbled.

Features:

-6 new major factions and countless minor factions
-New campaign map
-Separate town recruit troop trees for every faction
-Invading armies with unique troops
-New scenes tied to the lore of the mod
-Expansive new lore
-Diplomacy
-Pre-Battle Orders and Deployment
-Freelancer
-More metal sounds

-New soundtrack
-Hundreds of new items and troops

Main Factions:
Kingdom of Sennigoch
Led by Teyrna Rhonwen Caddagan
Sennigoch considers itself the true heir to the lost Crymish kingdom.​
Sports the finest cavalry in the land.
KdHff5X.png

vApjfLJ.png
[/s]
Kingdom of Challoglaich
Led by Ardtighearna Iago Crystenan
Challoglaich seeks to reinstate the ancient Crymish blood law.​
Sports powerful shock infantry.
kz1qBVX.png

b9G1Mnx.png
[/s]
Kingdom of Shearstone
Led by Ischykrator Vissarion
Shearstone wishes to abolish absolute monarchy.​
Strong infantry shield wall.
VrRy74A.png

wnTWW3R.png
[/s]
Kingdom of Callontia Aquilanica
Led by Rey Joaqim II
Rey Joaqim traces his bloodline back to the first conquerors of the land.​
Technologically advanced, finest arbalestiers in the land.
DRophly.png

oJezizI.png
[/s]
Mithmyr-upon-Mammon
Led by Volkhv Yorath Rhydderch
A mysterious culture that wishes to restore the old Crymish pantheon.​
Mobile horse archers, survivable infantry.
KNC4Ndn.png

Xv8gFbn.png
[/s]
Wicklands
Led by Brenin Aneirin Kadwalladar
Once exploited by Crymnand, they seek to rise to prominence.​
Finest bowmen in the land.
hxt8cmj.png

taund8c.png
[/s]
Credits:
Tocan's Calradia
  -Tocan
  -windyplains
  -caba`drin
  -lumos
  -arch3r
  -lav
  -malik faris
  -adorno
  -garnier
  -jinnai
  -iboltax
  -wanderer949
  -markquinn
  -lord samuel
  -ruthven
  -duh
  -idibil
  -martinf
  -checkmaty
  -dunde
  -motomataru
  -sir kornin
  -warass
  -pellagus
  -soulmata
  -diplomacy, freelancer, floris + native expansion mod team
Crusader's Way to Expiation OSP - Crusaders Way to Expiation Team
  Medieval and Renaissance Weapons - Lucas the Benevolent
iggorbb OSP - iggorbb
Narf's Plate Armour Pack - Narf of Picklestink
Spak Items - Spak
BrustwarzenLenny's Stuff - BrustwarzenLenny
Steam Punk and Costume OSP - -IYI-O-R-T-
OSP Helmets
  -Dindi
  -Luigi.
  -Njiekovic
  -Ursca
  -Ubberdorc
  -Mirathei
  -Raz.
  -The Pope
  -TRC
Fred's bunch o' armours - Fredelios
Pino's Armour Pack - pino69
Warband Gold Plate Armor OSP - Lor Dric
OSP Animation Variety Mod - jacobhinds
Gaolu Female Heads - Gaolu
Lucas' Weapons OSP
  -Lucas the Benevolent
  -Narf of Picklestink
  -Dejawolf
  -Yoman
  -RR_Raptor_65
  -Bismark
  -Luigi
  -The_Pope
Al Mansur Packs - Al_Mansur
Jan Tuma's Sturmhaube Helmets - Tumajan
Rath0s Shields - Rath0s
Viking model Pack - dejawolf
Waewulf's Light Pack - Waewulf
Lors Horses OSP - Lor Dric
28 OSP war horses - Akosmo
OSP Warband Item Variants - Thick1988
Historic Lords Project Volumes 1 and 2 - Thick1988
The Colored Lances Project - FrisianDude
Bronze Warrior Model Pack - amade
Classical Italian/Roman Items - Gothic Knight
Gothic Knight's Greek/Macedonian Items -Gothic Knight
maw's Armor Pack - maw
Eastern Items OSP - Njunja
The Dracaena Marginata Resources - dragos
Utrehd's Music Pack - utrehd and renjejorst
Yoman's helmets/coifs - Yoman Jenkins
Fell's Khazak Armor Pack - Frell
TG's Ancient Armory - Time Golem
Highlander Models - Yamabusi
WEe's Helmets/Shiels/Weapons - mr.master
Ficus' Roman Pack - ficus
Fantasy-ish map OSP - Kazzan
The Last Days OSP - TLD team and Composer Vladan Zivanovic @ (www.DarkRuneCreations.com.au)
OSP itempack - Akosmo
OSP Map Icons - Akosmo
XIII Century Eastern Europe - Max_Marksman and Vankod
OSP Indo-Persian Shields - drakharios
OSP Map Icons Pack - Slawomir of Aaarrghh
15 Century Englyshe Plate Armor Pack - Baraban Sternaxe
Count's retexturing guild OSP - Count of Flanders
RUNICO Pack -RUNICO
Open Source Project Weapons - James (jam), Luigi (lui), RR_Raptor65 (rrr), The Pope (pop)
Teutonic and Lithuanian Items - Kovas, Brego, MADTAO
Age of Machinery - Highlander
SacredStoneHead's Nord Armor Set - SacredStoneHead
Stylize HUD mini-interface - FALX
Signatures:

iqmALLB.png
Code:
[url=https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=341521][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iqmALLB.png[/IMG][/url]

The team:
Lead Developer: bentguisarme (Noahpinephrine)
Community manager (all-around helpful person): Hawk

Redleg said:
The screenshots look nice.  Good luck with the mod.

Thanks a bunch! I'm close to a beta-ish release to get some feedback from players. It'll help me steer myself in the right direction.

I took more screenshots of some of the parties encountered in-game, as well as two scenes I was able to squeeze in when I got bored of trigger and dialog editing.

Apria is a former ally of the Crymnand Kingdom from the overseas continent of Anan. When Crymnand fell, the Aprian government sent military forces to Coultchorn under the guise of attempting to restore peace by backing the Caddagan family's claim to the throne. In reality, they used their alliance with Highquarry to plunder what riches they could across Coultchorn before abandoning the Caddagan cause and fleeing with their loot back to Apria.

Apria is feared for their deadly order of chevaleresses, women who have taken up the sword in the name of the Andrianist faith in search of glory and adventure.

W3hQ7fN.png

DMr3Shs.png
Wolf's Tooth is the name given to an independent island state located in the Rossegal bay. It was established by the Highquarry Peace, a treaty signed by both the Nykk confederation of Ravakain and the human kingdom of Crymnand in the aftermath of a bloody territorial war.

The Nykk people (plural: Nykor) are a race of men that comprise the majority of the Ravakain population, and have long been treated with suspicion by the human majority of Crymnand. As such, as part of the conditions defined in the Highquarry Peace, Ravakain mandated the foundation of Wolf's Tooth. Its purpose was to provide a home for the Nykor on mainland Coultchorn who had been displaced by the Crymish government during the war. It has since grown into a thriving microcosm of the Ravakain motherland, and has enjoyed peace since Crymnand's collapse.

1Ll2CBp.png

ln3PUFg.png
GvdUZdQ.png

Lazurite Grivpanvars!

DlJpSw9.png

Marauding Witchmen!

SXUZEuv.png

New tavern scene and two companions (more to come)!
wCqit9s.png

Those troops looks pretty nice. Have you done that world map by yourself and are you working this mod by yourself only? Lot of work seems to be done already, that is always good sign.

u768 said:
Those troops looks pretty nice. Have you done that world map by yourself and are you working this mod by yourself only? Lot of work seems to be done already, that is always good sign.

Thank you very much!  :mrgreen:

I'm working by myself right now, the mod's about two and a half months into development. The map was originally an OSP by Kazzan but I modified it a bit to diversify the terrain etc, and as of now it's a placeholder until the more important features of the mod are implemented. Then I plan to start a new map from scratch.

I only have to edit some companion dialog and change up the claimants to fit the lore and I'll be ready to release a beta version of the mod! I'm looking forward to maybe getting some player feedback. :smile:

Yes I can test, and do some bug hunting. I propably have lot of time for that.

u768 said:
Yes I can test, and do some bug hunting. I propably have lot of time for that.

I'd be happy to have you play once I can get a release out! Having players to pick out bugs will be such an immense help. :smile:

downloaded it last night aaand I cant stop playing it, hard to believe this was made just by one guy good job, very fun to play and the troops, items, scenes ect looks gorgeous. The only complaint i have so far is the lack of fancy maces bahhaha I usually sell prisoners as a main source of income although its pretty funny running around in full plate swinging around a wooden  club :lol: :lol:

Revspartan said:
downloaded it last night aaand I cant stop playing it, hard to believe this was made just by one guy good job, very fun to play and the troops, items, scenes ect looks gorgeous. The only complaint i have so far is the lack of fancy maces bahhaha I usually sell prisoners as a main source of income although its pretty funny running around in full plate swinging around a wooden  club :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much for the kind words! :mrgreen:

And you know, I really really do need to add more maces. I'm more of a jousting lance man, myself, and I think that prejudice is the reason for the mace-deficit. Worry not! I'll add more single-handed blunt weapons shortly, as well as the option to attack manhunter parties for the bonus chance of getting their clubs (as well as their sweet loot, if you're the banditry sort). :smile:

That's a nice map.
  I wish I had a map like that for a Christmas project of mine.
  Of everything you show, the map is the hardest to make - and yours is done quite well.

My opinion

- GS

CutContent said:
The screenshots look stunning!
Good luck! I hope the storyline will be amazing!  :mrgreen:

Thank you so much! Screenshot-taking isn't my forte so I'm glad people are reacting positively to them!  :mrgreen:

gsanders said:
That's a nice map.
  I wish I had a map like that for a Christmas project of mine.
  Of everything you show, the map is the hardest to make - and yours is done quite well.

My opinion

- GS

The real credit should go to Kazzan for making the map. I merely changed the topography a bit, added bodies of water, expanded the borders, and switched up some terrain. Many thanks for the compliment, though! :grin: :grin:

Slavos said:
Lol 2.86 gb,is better be good  :mrgreen:.Jokes aside,judging by the screenshots the mod looks cool.

Yeah! It's a hefty one. As it's in development I haven't been able to cut down the size by deleting unused texture and resource files. It also has a little bit of a long load time when starting up the game because of allll the textures it has to load before bringing up the main menu. :dead:

Troop trees are found in the reports menu. "Experience to next promotion N/A" probably means you already meet the experience requirement to be promoted, the game is just waiting for the opportunity to promote you. Give it a few days and you should rank up!  :wink:

Absolutely lovely mod ! The followers are still really bugged. Perhaps you know this already. I dont dare to have any followers in my party because all they do is spam every ten seconds =(

other than that, love the immersive map, the girl to girl flirting :wink: the units are fantastic and difficulty is just what i wanted.

I would love larger parties of the standard robbers ( red marked. footpads etc. ) so you have something to gain XP from for your recruits.

My 2 cents...

Have a great day mate.
Qenai

Back
Top Bottom